1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolfusion

absolfusion

You can't hack what you don't have. The X and Y cartridge WILL be hacked I'm sure, but with the worldwide release it will take some time. Also, I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, but RNG abuse disgusts me. It's almost as bad making your own pokemon in Pokegen. It requires hacking into a copyrighted product and extracting its data, which is ILLEGAL as far as I know, and creates an unfair advantage for those who know how to abuse it and obtain flawless pokemon as opposed to those who hand breed and soft reset for desirable traits. I mean, is having a pokemon that's not flawless really so bad? Hopefully with EVs and IVs becoming more easily visible we won't have rely on such convoluted measures.
  2. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss formerly D Dog Master of war

Because some people can not just sit on there 3DS just trying to get Flawless Pokes. And sone don't have much time on there hands. And IV's help to keep up-par well others in Wi-fi battling.
  3. absolfusion

absolfusion

You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't understand because it's too complicated to me. You obviously know how to do it so you have an advantage over me. I don't breed for flawless IVs because that would simply take too long, but I DO try to get flawless IVs in the stats I need. I could learn how to do it, but it's kind of an ethics thing with me I guess. I'm not against people who do it, just against the idea. I get it, you need to get flawless pokemon quickly to stay competetive, but the whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
  4. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

I hate these "ethical" arguments so much. Yes, those who know how to RNG have a distinct advantage over those who do not. But if RNG weren't possible those who had deep knowledge of breeding mechanics and all the time needed to commit to breeding monsters with competitive stats would have an advantage. But since that's not the case those who don't bother to learn RNG take up the argument. There is nothing inherently unethical about RNG. Yes, the code was looked at to decipher the inner mechanics of the game but so what? No external cheating device is used in the generation of the monster so it's not cheating. And it's really not difficult to learn either. I put it off until I read that 5th gen RNG was easy, and it really is. After that I learned 4th gen, which is more difficult but definitely doable. If you want to level the playing field then learn to do it. Either way you'll have to live with it.
  5. Grammar Xatu

Grammar Xatu

I dare you to breed an Eevee with the right nature, ability, hidden power, and high IVs. I tried to do that before for an Espeon and it was such a waste of time.
  6. absolfusion

absolfusion

Like I said, just my own opinion. I also said that hopefully X and Y make it easier so we don't have to use such convoluted measures. I'm done talking about it. Hate me if you must but whatever.
  7. Belle

Belle

Hmm, is all this talk of RNG feasibility due to the fact that X&Y are 3DS-exclusive games? I was under the impression that it's possible to RNG in BW/B2W2 on a 3DS, but these are DS games. What is so different about a 3DS game that makes RNG difficult / perhaps impossible?
  8. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Let's not discuss the ethics of RNG, okay
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

3DS' have the ability to run a newer, updated more complicated code. That's really all there is to it.(oh, and some people care enough about it to talk about the current problems instead of the future gen VI problems)
  10. absolfusion

absolfusion

Something just occured to me. With dark being weak to fairy Metagross is now the only Pseudo-Legendary not 4X weak to a move
  11. b2j135

b2j135

well...Dark hasn't been confirmed to be weak to Fairy yet but that would be crazy.

Metagross would actually see more use now :p

Also, color me insane but wouldn't it be AWESOME if this what accurate
    and Fairy was SE to Electric? That would FINALLY give it another weakness!
  12. Iamlegendshot66

Iamlegendshot66

They should just take out Ivs altogether, as they are pointless if every pokemon had 31 Ivs in every stat anyway why don't they just remove them from the game?
  13. absolfusion

absolfusion

Ooooooook, that is way too much for used games o_0.
  14. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

IV are needed for Hidden Power. But they could also change that.
  15. Iamlegendshot66

Iamlegendshot66

Hidden power is a really OP move in my opinion, as it makes many special attackers really hard to deal with if they have a SE hidden power. I wouldn't mind if they just removed hidden power and Ivs, but they will obviously not do that. They should just make hidden power a adjustable type, as in you can go to a place in game where they give you different hidden power types, all of which are base power of 70, so each hp type will be treated as a seperate move. It would also tell you the HP type in battle so you know what type Hidden power your pokemon has.
  16. absolfusion

absolfusion

hidden power isn't OP, it's only 70 BP at maximum. Also there are many pokemon who NEED hidden power to even function, like lilligant.
  17. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

We need a physical Hidden Power, but Special Hidden Power is absolutely needed or GF have to improve movesets from a LOT of Pokemon ... HP Ice/Grass/Fire are so needed for a lot of Pokemon (Nerfing Steel / Water / Dragon / Flying / Ground pokemon)
  18. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Indeed, let us boost offense some more while also making things more samey. We must destroy the non-conformers with our perfect coverage!

To put it less flippantly, we should really be careful what we wish for.
  19. RedAgent14

RedAgent14

That's what comes to my mind as well (I just started book 3)
    It's true - You don't want to mess with them.

I also envision the Elders from the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series as fitting into the "fairy" category.
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I think of those little pixies from the beginning of Hellboy 2.

Or even some of my Magic cards.
  21. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego The little hand says it's time to rock and roll
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Let's not forget about cocojoe and toilette. They haven't been proven NOT to exist yet
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Assuming that the damage formula hasn't changed... could someone verify this? If it's true... oh boy.
  23. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Well, if the damage is no longer rounded off after every stage of the calculation, it would be wrong. Otherwise, the math seems to hold up (although it suggests that either Gardevoir is a lower level or Fairy Wind is weak).
  24. Gerard

Gerard

Even better Metagross would be the only pseudo-legend not weak to Fairy (and depending on what we get in Gen 6 the only one that ressists it) if that's true
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

IVs are there to add more individuality to the Pokemon you encounter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)