1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTS

GTS

I am an advocate for any Poison type hybrids, especially after that atrocity called Garbodor. I mean, it's literally garbage.
    They owe us some amazing poison types, and they might deliver if the rumors of Poison hitting Fairies SE is true.

Personally, I'd like to see Poison/Steel, Poison/Fire and maybe Poison/Electric... Woops... 4x ground weak on every single one... We're gonna need some Levitate action in here.

Poison/Dragon would be an outrageous fairy killer.

You are talking as if lower tiers are not viable metagames. NU may be definitive of pokemon not viable in OU, but that is really not relevant. The addition of Pokemon not viable in OU does not weaken the overall quality of the OU tier... these things are just about balance.

For example, lower tiers let players use more pokemon that they ACTUALLY like, rather than just what is good. Zangoose is not what you might consider OU viable, but I love his design and he happens to work quite well in lower tiers.
  2. Shiruba

Shiruba

#implying that nobody plays lower tiers and would like to see cool Pokemon in them

7% of Pokemon. 7. While there are definitely Ubers, even combined they still make the minority - and this'll be even higher in next gen. Having a Pokemon that doesn't quite measure up is really common... And guess what? You can use lower-tiered Pokemon in OU, and they can even be effective - Bronzong, Ditto, Amoonguss, and more.

[I know, it's crazy, right?]

So, chances are, Honedge will not be OU, especially if it evolves and thus likely has low stats. So what? OU =/= everything.
    GTS likes this.
  3. Lovedrive

Lovedrive

Honedge could have like 480 stats and still be OU. Look at Skarmory.

But as some guy mentioned it could evolve due to the whole "ONE" thing in the name. Like it could be

hONEdge > TWOblades > TRIhander

And it could turn into multiple swords or some shit as it evolves. Duh.
  4. SSJ

SSJ

I don't think Honedge will evolve. It already looks quite big and it would be pretty strange to see a sword evolve into a suite of armor.
    Any guesses on what typing chespin's evolution could be? I'm thinking grass/dark or grass/rock.
  5. GTS

GTS

I, too, don't see Honedge evolving.
    As for Chespin, I agree with grass/rock as well.

I could see Grass/Rock, Water/Flying and Fire. Maybe Fire/Psychic or some sub-type, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them kept a mono typing.

lolol just realized, with the typings i proposed, Fire/Fighting would make sense. Like an overkill trio, grass and rock beats water and flying. Water and flying beats fire and fighting, and fire and fighting beats grass and rock.
  6. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

OP is currently bare-bones. If you feel something is worth adding, leave me a visitor message. Keep in mind that it is relatively easy to check the main Pokémon site linked in the OP.
  7. SSJ

SSJ

I'm thinking Grass/Dark or Rock, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting for the starters.
  8. satchmo

satchmo

Grass/Dark would be great. Take on the Spirit of Cacturne and give it better speed. (Or Cacturne evolution)

I'm honestly expecting Water Poison though.
    As long as people don't do the 2Chainz thing.
  9. SSJ

SSJ

I think Poison/Fighting would be a great typing.There is 4x psychic weakness but with the speculation that Fairy is SE against fighting, having a poison stab attack to deal with Fairy weakness would be pretty good.Maybe Toxicroak would be used by more people even without dry skin outside of rain teams.
  10. Doom Desire

Doom Desire

Gardevoir is listed as Psychic/Fairy on the official Pokemon X and Y site. Marill is listed as Water/Fairy and Jiglypuff as Normal/Fairy.

Um, Fairy is immune to Dragon, not weak to it.
  11. Rapti

Rapti

To all the people who want Honedge to evolve into a haunted suit of armor (I wanna name a Honedge Honey incidentally, even if it's male) I have a question to ask you

[​IMG]
    How could you forget this guy?

As for me, I want to know if Flabebe's flower will actually have different colours (shinies don't count) or will be stuck with Spinda as the only pokemon with several unique appearances again

Also raise your hand if you think the leaked pokemon malimar is real
  12. Namine

Namine

Mhmmm that wargoyle dragon/flying mon looks more ike darkflying or dragon/dark with levitate to me then dragon/flying even ghost.
    It just looks too dark-ish.
  13. Namine

Namine

Or it might just be me thinking we got enough dragon/flying mons.
  14. SSJ

SSJ

Golurk is a very good ghost pokemon but even with iron fist ability, Shadow punch is pretty weak as a stab attack(60BP) .I hope Honedge gets a 80-90 BP physical ghost type move(or maybe just Shadow claw?)
    I think that it would be pretty fun to be able to travel to another region or even get an another region's starter pokemon just like in HG/SS.Then playing pokemon x and y would be even more fun.
    I don't think they will be introducing any more ghost type pokemon. Chandelure(Litwick) and Golurk where shown in the game play trailers and now they introduced Honedge. There might not be many more ghost type pokemon except for maybe a ghost type eeveelution .
  15. Doom Desire

Doom Desire

The sword itself makes for a prime candidate for some sort of Ghost variant of Horn Leech. A powerful physical STAB attack that saps the opponent's life in the process.
  16. Namine

Namine

Mhmmm looking at game-freak having revamped some old moves.
    Drain Punch + Gaga Drain bp up.
    Same for some other moves like Petal Dance.
    I really hope they do the same for Shadow Punch.

Ps: the sword mon can have some new sword like attacking moves. (i gues they can work for Bisharp too since it is the sword blade pokemon.)
  17. b2j135

b2j135

It DOES have a new sword attacking move

skip to 1:22
  18. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Where

All I see is Swords Dance
  19. b2j135

b2j135

skip to 1:22 in the video, he does some sort of "Samurai Strike" attack or whatever you would call it in an anime...
    Stellar likes this.
  20. Gerard

Gerard

Nah, if it gets a signature move it's likely gonna be a Night Slash clone (though if it gets lucky then it will be with Leaf Blade's BP)
  21. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

I think with the addition of the Fairy-type, it would be a good opportunity for GameFreak to introduce a new physical Steel attack.
  22. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

If that were to happen I would almost guarantee you that it would be the Hoenn starters, seeing as how the fandom seems to be really obsessed with an R/S remake. I personally would want them to be the Sinnoh starters but R/S/E are pretty hard to find these days and plus those starters are the only starters not found on any of the DS games pre-migration.
  23. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

To
    Golurk is a golem that happens to look like armor. An actual haunted suit of armor based on French medieval armor would still work.
  24. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

You can get the Hoenn starters in HG/SS.

Edit: Also, sorry. For some reason I thought the posts would combine automatically. I must be thinking of a different forum software.
  25. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

You're right, and as a matter of fact you can actually get Torchic+Treecko/Mudkip in HG/SS because you can find Torchic via Pokewalker. Maybe we can eventually have the option to get a starter from all of the gens in X and Y without transferring, since that would most CERTAINLY get a ton of people hyped up. Who knows?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)