1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

XY Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerard

Gerard

Nah, if it gets a signature move it's likely gonna be a Night Slash clone (though if it gets lucky then it will be with Leaf Blade's BP)
  2. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

I think with the addition of the Fairy-type, it would be a good opportunity for GameFreak to introduce a new physical Steel attack.
  3. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

If that were to happen I would almost guarantee you that it would be the Hoenn starters, seeing as how the fandom seems to be really obsessed with an R/S remake. I personally would want them to be the Sinnoh starters but R/S/E are pretty hard to find these days and plus those starters are the only starters not found on any of the DS games pre-migration.
  4. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

To
    Golurk is a golem that happens to look like armor. An actual haunted suit of armor based on French medieval armor would still work.
  5. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

You can get the Hoenn starters in HG/SS.

Edit: Also, sorry. For some reason I thought the posts would combine automatically. I must be thinking of a different forum software.
  6. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

You're right, and as a matter of fact you can actually get Torchic+Treecko/Mudkip in HG/SS because you can find Torchic via Pokewalker. Maybe we can eventually have the option to get a starter from all of the gens in X and Y without transferring, since that would most CERTAINLY get a ton of people hyped up. Who knows?
  7. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

This just appeared in my head and I thought it was kinda funny so I went and made the WORST PAINT JOB EVER.

[​IMG]

eh it gets the point across i guess
  8. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

It used to be |:|
  9. GTS

GTS

I was implying the Poison part would kill fairies, not the dragon.

I wouldn't mind another Poison/Fighting either lulz. Toxicroak is my favorite gen4 monster.
  10. Mr Omgness

Mr Omgness

Hoping for a good physical Ghost STAB for sure and also Honedge doesnt seem to be compatible with the existing physical Steel moves, I mean: Iron Head? Steel Wing? Metal Claw? Bullet Punch? Meteor Mash? Iron Tail? Gear Grind?

All of them seem pretty weird to be used by a Sword. They can (and probably will) fit in Iron Head somehow but apart from that nothing really works on a sword, so we can assume a new physical steel move will be introduced.
  11. b2j135

b2j135

[​IMG]

Fake or Legit?

It is STILL hard to tell if it is that...
  12. shutupnrock8

shutupnrock8

I think the Pokemon in the 6th gen are shaping up to be the nicest looking Pokemon yet. I haven't had any complaint with what Gamefreak has been doing over the years. I think Honedge looks amazing, yet another awesome Ghost variant I'll have to try out.

I would love to see something like this happen. It could very well happen seeing as Honedge may have lower defenses than other steel types, therefore, he could use it as a recovery technique instead of pain split.
  13. Scorpio

Scorpio

Hey, if Honedge evolves, why not name the evo TWOche? Or would that be too obvious/suck too much?
  14. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude lol
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

So does anyone think that altaria looks like a fairy/dragon? Also Honedge seems pretty cool but it is its typing which is really getting me excited to try it out.
  15. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

Isn't Altaria's gimmick supposed to be that her wings are like clouds? It wouldn't make sense for Altaria to be part fairy since clouds are obviously associated with flying types.
  16. Rock Smash 7

Rock Smash 7

I don't think Altaria can be a fairy. It's already a flying/dragon. The fairy type was added to pokemon with only one type, like Marill. In that case, you don't think they would touch a Blissey with fairy, do you?
  17. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

They'd change flying.

I do believe they will touch blissey.
  18. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed 90% of you people are whiny little children.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

As I've said before, it is highly unlikely that the development team will retcon present typings of already existing Pokemon, since it's been established in almost every Pokemon medium that all Pokemon are of specific typings. Altaria exists as Gym Leader Winona's signature Pokemon, and has been established multiple times as a Flying-type in the games (especially the PWT in BW2) and anime (Fortree city battle). The same pretty much applied to the addition of Steel-types in Generation II, where there were no pure Steel-types introduced from Kanto, and Magnemite's family was given an additional Steel-typing.
  19. Tytus

Tytus

No. Technician Pokemon enjoy those moves right where they're at. Let Energy Ball/Dozens of Fighting moves keep the medium-powered slot.
  20. Rock Smash 7

Rock Smash 7

After seeing Flabebe, they could make Bellossom a fairy/grass since it's only grass and it could be considered a wood nymph.
  21. Tytus

Tytus

This is true. It is itty bitty too, and since Flabebe is pure Fairy, the typing wouldn't be redundant.
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

lolwut. Bellossom is a hula dancer. But you're right, its inspiration still has a mysticism to it which could be associated with the fae (and really, being a Grass/Fairy might help it along with giving Gloom the same evolutionary typing variety that male Kirlias are going to get)

I saw someone making that observation the other day, and I've concluded...the statue has a knight HOLDING a/an Honedge!(not real information, just my interpretation)
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm glad you can see that because all I see is a very pixelated knight
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

I'm kind of hoping we'll be able to interact with the statue and other objects in the game that are detail-intensive to get a higher quality render, preferebly with a snazzy camera shot of the object. What I want is something similar to that camera angle that you get of Santalune City when you sit in one of the benches. If Game Freak's really obsessed with beauty this time around, I hope that they're already a step ahead of my wishes.
    Also I really wanna see what is in that entire statue :3
    I'm dying of wasted curiosity MAKE IT HAPPEN
  25. laptopispy

laptopispy

That gives me an idea. Cameras. We need cameras.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)