1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

At this point more Pokemon and characters are a given, not a maybe

I'd hazard a guess that this month we will probably find out about the villainous team & our professor; I wouldn't be surprised to see more information on Newtwo. I'm guessing the special will give actual information on it so it might just be a rehash, though

If we somehow, between a special, the movie, and corocoro get NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER on newtwo I will just be baffled as to why they revealed the thing at all
  2. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

There was also the "Super Training" thing that was talked about in one of the strategy guides, Serebii mentioned it about a week ago. Along with that, there was also the rumored Aulotte Pokemon that apparently was shown in a trailer we haven't seen yet.

And like R_N said, Newtwo will probably get some info because of the special, which will probably give some information but leave it vague considering it's just the anime (so things like typing and stats will remain in the air).
    Stellar likes this.
  3. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

As long as I learn something I'm happy.
  4. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

I don't think we will have lots of new informations. This last month was a blessing, and October is not near ...
  5. Charro

Charro

We're only three months away, so there's only three issues more before the game releases.
  6. Namine

Namine

Yeah i know that techni mons love 60 bp mons but not really manny techni mons learn shadow Punch (can't i like say none does?)

Yeah Smeargle does but no-one uses smeargle with it i think.
  7. Cinccino

Cinccino

Idk but wanting Honedge to evolve into a suit of armor is like wanting Rotom-W to evolve into a laundryman...
    I want my sword standalone and treated like Spiritomb, I can already imagine the player character pulling it from a stone as part of a stiry or side-quest and it goes like, "The Sword you pulled attacked! Honedge appeared!"
    Alert to Sounds likes this.
  8. Doom Desire

Doom Desire

It has happened before, actually. The Rotom formes changed their secondary types between gen IV and V. So you might even say it has happened 5 times over already. Ergo, there definitely is a precedent for this sort of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the older mons had one of their types changed to Fairy.
  9. R_N

R_N

That doesn't matter. Once they start unveiling information in full swing, we always get a reasonable amount of information every month until release
  10. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

I would be, because the Rotom forms had their types changed to AVOID confusion with type matchups. Plus, they were changed to types we already have and recognize so this is irrelevant. Retconning secondary types to a NEW type would be ultimately confusing to the veteran players.
  11. shutupnrock8

shutupnrock8

If poison is super effective against fairy types, which in this case would actually give new light to poison types being super effective against something other than grass, Bellossom's screwed lol. I also wouldn't mind seeing another Eevee type along with Sylveon being either dragon or poison. Every game introducing Eevee evo's has at least one type super effect against the other, IF they are truly adding another Eevee evo of course.
  12. PoJ

PoJ

I think (and I hope) that there will be another Eeveelution this gen. Gens. II and IV introduced two new Eeveelutions so I don't think they'll break the pattern. But it is possible.

If they do introduce a new Eeveelution, I think it'll be Dragon or Fighting. I feel like these two types have a relation with the Fairy type. Fairies are the new answer to Dragon types, and both types have that exotic or mythical feeling to them (at least to me). I also consider Fighting a possibility for a pretty stupid reason, but I guess it could be possible. Gardevoir is going to be part Fairy in Gen. 6, and Gallade is part Fighting so I feel like there's a relation between those two types. I know haha, kind of dumb but that's just what I think.
  13. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Gen I introduced 3 Eeveelutions, so I wouldn't just assume that pattern will be followed.
  14. Rock Smash 7

Rock Smash 7

Has anyone noticed this kinda pattern w/ Nintendo? Generation 1,3, and 5 introduce new pokemon while 2,4, and 6 introduce newly evolved lines to old pokemon. Gen 3 did bring Azurill and Wynaut, but they're pre-evolved and they might've been meant for gen 2, but were late on the deadlines. Anyone agree?
  15. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

I believe most of us are banking on that to be case, actually.
  16. R_N

R_N

a lot of people agree (on the 246 having new evos, not the stupid "meant for gen 2" thing) and have been expecting a slew of evolutions/pre-evolutions this gen.
    And so did I buuuut I think it's a little weird that we our only evolution so far has been Slyveon (& a forme for mewtwo). If we don't get another evo shown soon I'm going to start to think that maybe Slyveon will be our only new evolution to an old line (so it could show off fairy type)

Though it would be kind of neat if they just hid all the new evos for you to find yourself
  17. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Well, think about this real quick - Generation 4 by this time (around 6 months in) had only hinted at three prevos: Munchlax, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. The only other ones to get mentioned were Happiny, Weavile, Mantyke, Budew, and Roserade, with the latter two not getting shown until about a month before. We may not have as many evos as Generation 4, but I'm almost certain we'll have some new ones. We just need to play the waiting game, and Mewtwo getting a new forme means that Game Freak is definitely going to cater to the previous generations.

In fact, with Newtwo, I wouldn't think about us only having one evolution so far - think of it as two Pokemon with ties to previous generations so far.

EDIT: I totally forgot Electivire when thinking of old gen Pokemon that got some new relatives.
  18. The Diverman

The Diverman

19. Charro

Charro

Those rumored pokémon actually sound very plausible, knowing GF designs.
  20. PoJ

PoJ

That doesn't matter. Gen. I was the first generation of Pokemon. GF probably didn't know what it was going to do with Eevee in the coming gens. With Gen. II, they probably decided, ok how about we introduce two new Eeveelutions every other generation from now on, and the pattern began. Gen. I is irrelevant because the beginning of the pattern is Gen. II.

But I could be entirely wrong! All I'm saying is, I think it is safe to assume that there will be another Eeveelution this gen. We'll know soon enough, though :D
  21. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Or we can just ignore a pattern that seems otherwise completely arbitrary (not to mention singular, since the "pattern" was done in one instance) and keep our expectations afloat.

Also, most things up until Syoomai seemed plausible. I guess fifth generation (with its new Pokemon and all) didn't give the developers a chance to give Shellos a branching evolution, but still...
  22. R_N

R_N

Is a shellos split evo REALLY that much more ridiculous than Snorunt getting a female only ghost evolution, Gloom turning into a hula dancer, or Scizor in general
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

That is...the most convincing written leak to be revealed publically before official information comes out this generation, purely based on its formatting. I'm not saying I believe it, but it's a good rebound for "leakers" after that fake leak that came after June's CoroCoro that tried explaining Pangoro. Thank you, mystery Japanese leaker, for giving me something to critically contemplate.
  24. R_N

R_N

What makes it convincing, exactly
    Name - type -description of pokemon has been a constant in corocoro "leaks" for ages

Honestly the fact that Honedge is listed makes me suspicious. I think the only pokemon from the e3 bonanza in corocoro was Vivillon and that was because Scatterbug & Spewpa were revealed.
  25. Tytus

Tytus

Ew, I don't want any more music-themed Pokemon. Meloetta filled this role well enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)