1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2j135

b2j135

That Shellos evo seems VERY possible with the beta Gastrodon stuff and all
    [​IMG]
    maybe it'll be green and shaped like this :/
  2. Tytus

Tytus

Actually, thinking about it, wouldn't a Psychic Pokemon based on a quarter note basically be an upside-down "P" Unown?
    [​IMG]
  3. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Oh god. It's like Cubone and Kangaskhan all over again. Or even Ditto and Mew.
  4. Quickbobhero

Quickbobhero

Water/Bug Gastro alone won't make him enough to make Gastro stand out (other than the obvious counter Rotom crap which it wouldn't be able to do anymore) so I hope they buff the stats on this new evolution, maybe a lot more physically bulky but now like Slowpoke speed and slightly worse Sp.D? That could possibly work. I think new Gastro would also get a new bug move because lolsignalbeam and I don't think any other bug move even makes sense for a slug/snail to have, which makes me a bit skeptical about this whole thing.
  5. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

I just have to say that Bug/Water is a cool ass typing. One I've been waiting for. Masquarain... Why...
  6. SMZ

SMZ

Flabebe looks one of those "cute looking but comes at low BST price" it does like it'd evolve. If it does I am hoping for a Fairy/Grass dual type. Like I said before Honedge looks like a standalone Pokemon.

Regarding the rumors:
    Soul Smash: this sounds like a move coming from a Fighting game or something, but if this were true it might indicate a good base powered move. (although moves like Incinerate makes me doubt this even more)
    Panpura: Certainly interesting concept.
    Syoomi: Hmm if it gets the "Full" shell appearance I might like it aesthetic wise and also for typing.
    Myuujii: Ability seems weird. What is it some kind of random thing or in specific condition. (Not that I should be speculating much over rumors. )
  7. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Did I miss an update to the rumors that said anything about "Soul Smash"

Also I'm guessing "Battle Melody" isn't an ability. Not a single other Pokemon has had their ability shown off
  8. SSJ

SSJ

Ice/Fighting seems like a poorly defensive typing.But stab ice punch or "ice hammer" will help in taking down dragon pokemon more effectively. But I don't think the pokemon is real.
  9. Yveltal

Yveltal

The implied honesty, more than anything. Many of the other supposed leaks made a grand spectacle about the information they were trying to pass off, like they wanted everyone to have complete faith in them every time they said "this/that/these/those is/are real" The wording of this supposed leak is most closely related to the explanations of Gogoat, Helioptile, Fletchling, and Pancham. It's something stronger than "the poster is following a string or formula of explanatory logic to define the Pokémon" I'm still skeptical about a couple of things, like why the only information this person had would only be Pokémon, assuming they're legitimate, but the affliction behind the writing tells me that the information was something they wanted to share, not something that they wanted notoriety for or something that they wanted to make up just to bug the entire internet.

I get the concern about Honedge, and they shouldn't really have a reason to talk more about it in the magazine having accomplished all the flavor leaking that they like to do with new Pokémon through Masuda's video, unless they like catalouging everything in the magazine. It doesn't really give or take any credibility to the "leak" in my eyes.

SURSKIT!!! Sheesh...Unless you're mad at Masquerain for losing its unique typing upon evolution??
  10. SMZ

SMZ

Soul Smash is mentioned in same link from Pokejungle. Also, on battle melody yeah I guess it makes much more sense it being a move rather than an ability.
  11. Scorpio

Scorpio

Actually, Clauncher has been hinted to have the ability Sniper, at least according to Serebii's entry for it in the prerelease Pokemon page.
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ah, I think I just glanced over it because it was with Honedge

Err
    no it isn't
  13. Belle

Belle

None of the designs, save the legendaries, are all that interesting. JMHO...just not a fan of "inanimate" things being Pokemon, and yes that means I've always found voltorb and electrodes weird too.

My main hope is that the pseudo-legendary - a fairy type probably? - of this generation doesn't disappoint. I don't think we knew about hydreigon until very late though, so probably won't find out what it is for a while.
  14. Namine

Namine

Well Gastrodon does stand out in having storm drain as ability.
  15. Scorpio

Scorpio

@R_N: ...whoops. Sorta blanked on Sniper's effect.
  16. XlucariozX

XlucariozX

I don't see what people have against pokemon being "inanimate". Sure, maybe if the objects that the pokemon were portraying had no life to them, then I can see why. BUT, all pokemon have some sort of lifelike quality to them. Sure, honedge is a sword, but being that it is part of a spirit, or a spirit is part of it, it's not inanimate in a way. I mean in appearance pokemon are sometimes inanimate, but the pokemon as wholes are not.
  17. XlucariozX

XlucariozX

Another eveelution on top of Sylveon you say? I'm very doubtful of that because if there was more on top of Sylveon, they would have been in on the hype along with sylveon. I mean sure, it's always possible but I think we would have heard about it now, since one was already announced. And I mean, what type would ANOTHER eveelution be? I can't see one being ghost, bug, poison or... you get the point.
  18. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I like inanimate stuff

But yeah, I like how the rumors were presented. Not too much there that the person can be like "told you so dumbass people that didn't believe me." More like, "look at what I know and want to share with humanity."

Very respectable. That's probably why it's believable. But also a little bias to see Ice-type get some love.
    XlucariozX and Yveltal like this.
  19. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Wait, what? Fighting is easily the best additional typing to go with Ice, moreso than ground even. It removes the rock weak (good bye Stealth Rock) while retaining resistances to Bug, Dark, and Ice. If nothing else, it's at least better than Ice alone. And offensively, the type combination is awesome, hitting 9 types super-effectively counting STAB alone. Steel and Fighting weaknesses aren't cool with Scizor and Breloom around...but switching out of them won't be nearly as big of a deal without that Stealth Rock weakness.

As for these other pokemon, Panpura is really standing out to me. Grass / Ghost is a great defensive typing, in my opinion, so I'd really like this to be real. The ghost type has been somewhat lacking in variety traditionally so these are nice additions.
    PoJ likes this.
  20. Yveltal

Yveltal

-Yveltal used Speculate!-

What if Shellos gets a third form? If the new split-evolution is real, then that means Shellos is going to be in the new Pokedex. and if Shellos is going to have any relevance to gen VI, maybe they're going to give it a third possible look so there will be a form for each sub-region of Kalos; the Coastal (East), the Mountains (West) and the Central (NEW SHELLOS LOOK). If Syoomai is a special evolution for a new Shellos form...I was going somewhere with this...
  21. Tytus

Tytus

I can't tell if you are aware (it doesn't seem that you are), but there is an unused Gastrodon form backsprite in the data of Diamond and Pearl. So one was designed, but it's not clear if that design was scrapped, saved for later, or what.
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

*Ruby and Sapphire. It was designed as a Gen 3 Pokemon [even had cries, I believe], but they scrapped it for an unknown reason.
  23. Yveltal

Yveltal

:|
    It doesn't seem that I am.
    Rude

I know that Game Freak admitted that Shellos was originally intended to be in RSE, but they kept it from being in the final release and used it in their "form differences" gimmick in the next generation. Personally, it looks like a scrapped beta design, and if you're insinuating that they might use their original design for Shellos, it'd be a weird artistic choice to use it as it is, since it's a conglomeration of the two we already have. If they were planning on using Shellos, I think they might want to make a new form look as different as possible from the species' other forms, but I don't feel very strongly about the potential design rehash of Shellos.
    And the design was more than likely scrapped. They've made little aesthetic changes to several other Pokemon after their original release that they've stuck to, like giving Bellossom green skin.

It was only visual data.
  24. Stellar

Stellar true and everlasting
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

This is a friendly reminder not to post scans unless they have been confirmed by a major Pokémon site!
  25. Tytus

Tytus

I wasn't trying to be rude, I just didn't want to be pointing something out that you already knew. Just typing out loud.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)