1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

I totally agree. And for panpura, 4 (5?) weaknesses and 4 (I think, my memory fails today.) resistances/immunities doesn't seem too bad.
  2. SSJ

SSJ

Yes I also think more powerful ghost type pokemon should be introduced in larger quantity. All GF does is introduce one or two ghost type pokemon per region.If ghost pokemon other than Honedge are going to be introduced, I think it will be a good idea especially with a big region like this.
    Introducing more pokemon would be a good idea since the region is divided into three parts and I'm assuming that each part will get an equal amount of pokemon.
  3. PoJ

PoJ

5 weaknesses: Dark, Ghost, Flying, Fire, and Ice.

6 resistances/immunities: Normal, Fighting, Grass, Water, Electric, and Ground.

3 of the weaknesses are fairly common, but the resistances/immunities are awesome. I'd rather not have the Pokemon be based on a pumpkin, though :/

Edit: Oops, we're not supposed to speculate in this thread according to a post on the first page. Sorry :x
  4. Yveltal

Yveltal

Well, that much lies in an issue with theming. Ghost type Pokémon are the least abundant in the Pokémon world as an aesthetic choice by Game Freak, which is why they might feel largely unexplored as a type.
  5. Lorenz

Lorenz

What's this I was hearing about X & Y being hack proof? Any one else hear about this rumor? I doubt it could be done but hey, never know.
  6. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's not so much a rumor as it is, for now, the truth
    3ds hacking is barely going anywhere at this point. Maybe in the future, but for the time being...
  7. Lorenz

Lorenz

So a generation of Pokemon we have to play legit? Well, I suppose that'd only be for new gen mons. Older gens could just be migrated in unless they get rid of that.
  8. R_N

R_N

Well, at least for a time, anyway.
  9. Rukario-kun

Rukario-kun

CoroCoro's leaking! :D

Dunno how to put spoilers around things in the new forum, so just check Serebii for the scans. :p
  10. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Yet another confirmation of the May 18th rumors:
    [​IMG]

Also, holy hell, Pancham's evo makes Ursaring look like Teddiursa! That thing is a monster!
  11. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

CoroCoro can be found on Serebii. It seems the Pokébeach rumors are true (based on the squid and its evo), so feel free to discuss the rumors that were leaked a while ago as well.
  12. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

T.T More food....at least the other ones look decent to good. Also, crazy artist movement bad guys? I got to destroy PETA in gen 5 do I get to take out Abstract Artists this time?
  13. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

team flair lol. gamefreak really dont want you to take the evil teams seriously anymore, do they.
  14. Rukario-kun

Rukario-kun

That's their Japanese name. For all you know, they could end up with something totally badass in English.

...Though I'm not holding my breath. >.>
  15. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

Just to point it out again:
    This will be the best generation! Where's my ragequit-throw the 3ds to the ground evo?! Please be soon!
  16. R_N

R_N

I was a little iffy at first on some of the designs, but now that i take a good look at them i'm falling in love

Peroppfu is civilization
  17. Nintendee

Nintendee

Why is everything so cool!? I'm nearly crying over here, nothing from this Gen 6 looks bad at all. Love the new 'flamboyant' professor and Team Flair.
  18. R_N

R_N

I wonder why they chose *now* to start revealing abilities

kind of sucks that Honedge gets No Guard, honestly
  19. Katakiri

is a Pokemon Researcher

100% accurate Will-O-Wisp. I'm perfectly okay with this.
  20. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Ehh, you get what you pay for, and maybe it'll make it up with good stats and movepool. Really though, with a typing like that, I didn't really care what sort of ability it got haha. It sorta technically makes sense, since Hownedge has to fight and protect itself by using its own blade without a shield, hence "No Guard."

Also I am so completely fine with a perfectly accurate Will-o-Wisp
  21. Rukario-kun

Rukario-kun

No Guard does make sense though. I mean, it's a sword. And with so much emphasis on Honedge's being all offense, it's just that much more likely we'll see a shield counterpart! :D
  22. R_N

R_N

Why are you assuming it gets will o wisp

Golurk didn't
  23. Rukario-kun

Rukario-kun

So Maika and Karamanero get Contrary, and their new move Turn Over reverses stat changes. I'm getting giddy. :3

Also Team Flair seems solely obsessed with making cash. My bet would be so they can maintain dat flamboyant look of theirs.
    Hollymon likes this.
  24. Infernis

Infernis

[​IMG]
    Best generation. And hot damn I'm getting a Yveltal figurine.
    b2j135 and Rukario-kun like this.
  25. R_N

R_N

So the new team's goal is just money.
    I like it! It's refreshingly simple and offers a lot of variety in their schemes, I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)