1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkenshy

darkenshy

I told you remenber......
    And i see pokemons with knock off, knockoff everywhere
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Jimmyftw

Jimmyftw

You are forgetting something too. Items like life orbs and choice band have their drawbacks, e.g. taking away health, locking you into a move. Pokemon that dig-- excuse me, megavolve are confirmed to having their stats increased, which makes up for the inability to hold items while also having no other drawbacks. Even if the total BST do not increase it won't matter much because Pokemon like Alakazam if it were to megavolve, will probably have less atk more sp. atk and/or speed. Plus with new ability like mold breaker and magic bounce and adaptability, I will be more than willing to give up on locking myself into one move (choice items) or taking damage every time I attack (life orb). Not to mention, gaining new type such as dragon can make a whole lot of differences. Also, there may be a separate item slot for mega stones so you never know.

Do I think digivolved mons will be stronger than their pre-evolved forms? Of course! What's the purpose of digivolution if not for getting stronger?!
  3. Messiii

Messiii

Does anyone have a slight idea when PO and PS will be able to feature gen 6?

Also, what about the old rumour that mewtwo gets two new forms?
  4. Cinccino

Cinccino

Would be rad if fossilmons get MegaStones that revert them to their unfossilized type. I mean like Dragon/Flying Aerodactyl, Water/Bug Kabutops, an Water/Grass Lileep.
    youngjake93 and Hollymon like this.
  5. Fundance

Fundance

No I'm not. That was only using the most basic examples, but how are you going to compensate for the benefits granted by...say...Leftovers, Focus Sash, Strategic type-reduction berry, Salacc berry, Lum, etc. with raw stats?

These things are barred from utilising an entire layer of strategy. Items can make or break a Pokemon. When you see a mega form evo go off, you know you're going to be able hit it with thunder wave or Spore next chance you get and it'll be crippled because there's no need to guess if it's holding a preventative item. And that's not even taking Choice Scarf speed tiers into consideration.

I seriously doubt they'll introduce a second item slot, unless every pokemon gets the ability to hold two items. In which case Megas are still gimped compared to regular pokemon because they only get to hold one item instead of two.
  6. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

7. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

While I'm still not sold on the whole Mega concept, the visual flair of this game has me way too excited.
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Anyone else see the Pikachu sprite on the Super Training picture? It confirms our suspicions that Pokemon will be getting revamped box and party sprites. The new Pikachu seems to be longer and skinnier.

Also, starting off with a Torchic again :D
  9. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Wat.
  10. EIFF

EIFF

"To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokémon to hold. Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!" - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

Suddenly MegaEvolutions may not even be competitive useable at all.
  11. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

lel Sucker Punch.

[​IMG]

Hmm.. Dark Type gym leader?

Maybe they'll make a new Tier for Mega Pokemon and insert a new clause.
    Fibble likes this.
  12. EIFF

EIFF

It's EVs.
    "These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokémon titles, but in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training. "
  13. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case Settled. They're not two items, they're the same. And they need to be held in battle to force a form change.
    emboarrocks and b2j135 like this.
  14. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I don't know where the huge paragraph about S.T. on Serebii came from but they need to rework it because they use the term "base stats" repeatedly which comes way before EVs even matter.

Not to mention "the underlying value that define HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats" is exactly what an actual "base stat" does. The way this is worded absolutely does not sound like EV's at all. I'm hoping its poor grammar/improper usage because if it's not then we've got something way way way bigger than Megalutions to worry about.
  15. Quickster

Quickster

It's EVs.
    It's in the post right under the newest one on Serebii.

Also Skiddo sounds like a terrible name.
  16. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

I got the best idea for an ability: An ability that lets Pokemon Mega-Evolve without the use of Mega Stone. :D
    b2j135 likes this.
  17. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Game Freak are known to call Base Stats and EV's the exact same thing, look at the EV reducing berry descriptions, they talk about lowering the base Stat to remove the EVs. Kiso Points are EV's which is what the japanese call them like someone said above. Please do not panic about this.

Its pretty much better EV training, which is much better than before. I was never a fan of grinding a lot against the same Pokemon to get an increase in that stat lol... All these nice little improvements will be great overall I think. Although, I know everyone will now get good EV's right away on all their mons and force their way through the game :P
  18. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

Pokebeach has listed all the information from the official site. Handy for interested persons.

Yay?
  19. Siggu

Siggu

I like the new 'Use or Give a pokémon an item' interface. Far faster than before

'Lucarite' (As its Spanish-to-English translation is) sounds better... at least for some like me who doesn't have english as his native language :p

I prefer to think of it as the fully evolved Eviolite. Not instantly better, but useful in its own right

That being said, up to now, Leftovers has been the only reliable, passive competition to Eviolite. Given that there are much more reliable offensive items than reliable defensive items, Mega Stones may have a harder time to stand out
  20. Arcticblast

Arcticblast It hasn't been as nice at night these last few days
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

I love how we have no official confirmation regarding Oorotto's existence.

...but MegaAmpharos and MegaMawile didn't get that either :,(
  21. Christopher

Christopher

Marowak will mega evolve into Kangaskhan.

22. Lazybeef

Lazybeef

I wonder if the mega-pokemon will stay evolved after the battle, so that they can hold other items. Judging from previous posts, there are more things than the mega-stones that are required for mega-evolutions. That leads me to beleive that it is quite a process to actually evolve them, and it would be odd if you have to go through that process every battle just to use the mega-evolutions.
  23. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

The website said that they only MegaEvolve during the battle.

This puts the items as more like a Griseous Orb than a Gracedia. I would love to see if it takes a turn or not during battle for them to MegaEvolve.
  24. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Most likely the second condition will be something like: "When Blaziken goes below 1/2 HP." Or "When Lucario is hit with a dark type attack.": a condition you have to work for or play into. Also, there's every possibility that Mega Evolutions go away when you switch out. If they are permanent thorughout the battle though, they will be harder to force/cause, like a more rewarding SubPetaya set.
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.47 AM.png

Here's the pictures of both the system of looking at EVs and the new sprites of the Pokemon. I will love to to see what the difference between the dark green and light green colors.

But look at the old sprites for the Pokemon:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    These new sprites look much sleeker.
    DinaIsha and b2j135 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)