1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

I love how we have no official confirmation regarding Oorotto's existence.

...but MegaAmpharos and MegaMawile didn't get that either :,(
  2. Christopher

Christopher

Marowak will mega evolve into Kangaskhan.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. Lazybeef

Lazybeef

I wonder if the mega-pokemon will stay evolved after the battle, so that they can hold other items. Judging from previous posts, there are more things than the mega-stones that are required for mega-evolutions. That leads me to beleive that it is quite a process to actually evolve them, and it would be odd if you have to go through that process every battle just to use the mega-evolutions.
  4. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

The website said that they only MegaEvolve during the battle.

This puts the items as more like a Griseous Orb than a Gracedia. I would love to see if it takes a turn or not during battle for them to MegaEvolve.
  5. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Most likely the second condition will be something like: "When Blaziken goes below 1/2 HP." Or "When Lucario is hit with a dark type attack.": a condition you have to work for or play into. Also, there's every possibility that Mega Evolutions go away when you switch out. If they are permanent thorughout the battle though, they will be harder to force/cause, like a more rewarding SubPetaya set.
  6. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.47 AM.png

Here's the pictures of both the system of looking at EVs and the new sprites of the Pokemon. I will love to to see what the difference between the dark green and light green colors.

But look at the old sprites for the Pokemon:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    These new sprites look much sleeker.
    DinaIsha and b2j135 like this.
  7. EIFF

EIFF

I think the dark green is the Pokemons Base Stats, while the light green are stats after EV-training. IOW Mewtwo has been EV-trained in Speed and Sp. Atk.
  8. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

...OR MegaAbsol, which everyone seems to exclude when talking about this! CoroCoro is close enough to official, though.

Based on that meter, certain EV spreads are going to be hell, e.g. any bulky spread for a sweeper.
  9. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor Alumnus

So… like a Desperation Move in a fighting game? That sounds interesting. Filling a Super Bar in Pokémon? Plausible.

What I'd love to know is:

• Does the Mega Stone activate at the end of a turn or immediately?
    • Are the Mega Stones consumable items?
      • Can you switch out and keep the Mega Evolution?
      • Does it wear off after some turns or is it "permanent" during the battle?
    • Who will get a Mega Evolution? Pikachu or Raichu?
    • Will MegaFlareon have Flare Blitz?
    Lastly, I certainly hope they don't call Pirouette Meloetta and Zen Darmanitan Mega Evolutions all of the sudden, or several people are going to have a stroke.
  10. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

I'm really confused about these Mega evolutions. Gamefreak should elaborate
  11. richi3f

richi3f

I don't think they are consumable considering Blazikenite is only obtainable through the event. It's most likely a hold item.
  12. Siggu

Siggu

Whatever Mega Stones actually are, I want a Mega Shedinja with 2 HP, so that it suddenly isn't OHKOed by priority attacks. Either that or buffing Wonder Guard with immunity to passive damage :P

AND a Grass/Fire Serperior with Drought and SolarBeam by level up while saying 'In your face, Louis XIV!'
  13. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I'm likin on the super training facility. "A more casual way to EV train your pokemon". I'm all up for that. :D So far I'm loving the way Game Freak is handling EV training for this game.
  14. Yveltal

Yveltal

There's a ranch in the Kalos region where you can ride Skiddo, the pre-evolved form or Gogoat.
    Kinda reminds me of the lives of the docile crabs from Bionicle, except these are goats.

Dedenne has been confirmed to learn a new attack called Nuzzle.

Pokémon with the Cheek Pouches ability regain hit points as an added effect to consuming a berry in battle.
    This on a Pokémon that could survive a hit with the help of a damage-mod berry...or even just using a Sitrus berry...!
  15. Siggu

Siggu

Depending on its movepool and stats it may be a good ability for Endure + Pinch Berry users
  16. Fibble

Fibble

No, I think she's a Fighting Gym leader. Look at the badge in the background; it's in the shape of a sideways fist,
    and it's that sort of orangey-browny colour that's associated with the Fighting type.

And yes, lol Sucker Punch XD
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    Hollymon likes this.
  17. Weebos

Weebos

Super Training sounds like an excellent way to EV train, now if they could only make IV breeding slightly easier.
  18. Hollymon

Hollymon

Basically certain pokemon can turn into Mega Evolutions if they hold a mega stone during a battle. These mega evolutions grant new types (Ampharos electric/dragon) new abilities (blaziken speed boost) and boost stats. They look a bit different aswell but outside of battle they can not transform. Also, not all pokemon will get Mega evolutions and finding all the mega evolutions is not part of completing the regional dex (I think?) hope that helped
  19. Reggisteel

Reggisteel

Would Giratina-O be useful competitive if you needed to use a move to transform?
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Both of those would be useless
    Fibble likes this.
  21. youngjake93

youngjake93

Technician MegaWeavile with 150 attack please.
    That would be cool because a higher base attack raises the base power of beat up. Plus technician+more power=win

Also, everyone is saying that megastones will be an offensive eviolite. Why offense only? I'm sure MegaSkarmory would have reason to use it defensively over Leftovers Skarmory.
    Plus we've already seen two defensive upgrades with Ampharos getting dragon typing and Absol getting Magic Bounce.
  22. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

OMG is GF telling me if I lead with a Lucario holding Lucarionite he will just mega evolve on the spot....Thanks GF (,:
  23. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

So anyone else notice that Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken have the same cries as their regular selves, but Mega Mewtwo has a different cry? Maybe some cries will get redone after all?
    b2j135 likes this.
  24. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

No.

I suppose we can now tell which pokemon will never have a chance to evolve based on who gets mega evolutions. Mawile and Absol? Locked forever. Hopefully their megas make up for it.
  25. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

Dude I read research and you can automatic Mega evolve if the pokemon is sent out or in the first slot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)