1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EIFF

EIFF

I think the dark green is the Pokemons Base Stats, while the light green are stats after EV-training. IOW Mewtwo has been EV-trained in Speed and Sp. Atk.
  2. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

...OR MegaAbsol, which everyone seems to exclude when talking about this! CoroCoro is close enough to official, though.

Based on that meter, certain EV spreads are going to be hell, e.g. any bulky spread for a sweeper.
  3. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor Alumnus

So… like a Desperation Move in a fighting game? That sounds interesting. Filling a Super Bar in Pokémon? Plausible.

What I'd love to know is:

• Does the Mega Stone activate at the end of a turn or immediately?
    • Are the Mega Stones consumable items?
      • Can you switch out and keep the Mega Evolution?
      • Does it wear off after some turns or is it "permanent" during the battle?
    • Who will get a Mega Evolution? Pikachu or Raichu?
    • Will MegaFlareon have Flare Blitz?
    Lastly, I certainly hope they don't call Pirouette Meloetta and Zen Darmanitan Mega Evolutions all of the sudden, or several people are going to have a stroke.
  4. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

I'm really confused about these Mega evolutions. Gamefreak should elaborate
  5. richi3f

richi3f

I don't think they are consumable considering Blazikenite is only obtainable through the event. It's most likely a hold item.
  6. Siggu

Siggu

Whatever Mega Stones actually are, I want a Mega Shedinja with 2 HP, so that it suddenly isn't OHKOed by priority attacks. Either that or buffing Wonder Guard with immunity to passive damage :P

AND a Grass/Fire Serperior with Drought and SolarBeam by level up while saying 'In your face, Louis XIV!'
  7. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I'm likin on the super training facility. "A more casual way to EV train your pokemon". I'm all up for that. :D So far I'm loving the way Game Freak is handling EV training for this game.
  8. Yveltal

Yveltal

There's a ranch in the Kalos region where you can ride Skiddo, the pre-evolved form or Gogoat.
    Kinda reminds me of the lives of the docile crabs from Bionicle, except these are goats.

Dedenne has been confirmed to learn a new attack called Nuzzle.

Pokémon with the Cheek Pouches ability regain hit points as an added effect to consuming a berry in battle.
    This on a Pokémon that could survive a hit with the help of a damage-mod berry...or even just using a Sitrus berry...!
  9. Siggu

Siggu

Depending on its movepool and stats it may be a good ability for Endure + Pinch Berry users
  10. Fibble

Fibble

No, I think she's a Fighting Gym leader. Look at the badge in the background; it's in the shape of a sideways fist,
    and it's that sort of orangey-browny colour that's associated with the Fighting type.

And yes, lol Sucker Punch XD
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    Hollymon likes this.
  11. Weebos

Weebos

Super Training sounds like an excellent way to EV train, now if they could only make IV breeding slightly easier.
  12. Hollymon

Hollymon

Basically certain pokemon can turn into Mega Evolutions if they hold a mega stone during a battle. These mega evolutions grant new types (Ampharos electric/dragon) new abilities (blaziken speed boost) and boost stats. They look a bit different aswell but outside of battle they can not transform. Also, not all pokemon will get Mega evolutions and finding all the mega evolutions is not part of completing the regional dex (I think?) hope that helped
  13. Reggisteel

Reggisteel

Would Giratina-O be useful competitive if you needed to use a move to transform?
  14. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Both of those would be useless
    Fibble likes this.
  15. youngjake93

youngjake93

Technician MegaWeavile with 150 attack please.
    That would be cool because a higher base attack raises the base power of beat up. Plus technician+more power=win

Also, everyone is saying that megastones will be an offensive eviolite. Why offense only? I'm sure MegaSkarmory would have reason to use it defensively over Leftovers Skarmory.
    Plus we've already seen two defensive upgrades with Ampharos getting dragon typing and Absol getting Magic Bounce.
  16. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

OMG is GF telling me if I lead with a Lucario holding Lucarionite he will just mega evolve on the spot....Thanks GF (,:
  17. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

So anyone else notice that Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken have the same cries as their regular selves, but Mega Mewtwo has a different cry? Maybe some cries will get redone after all?
    b2j135 likes this.
  18. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

No.

I suppose we can now tell which pokemon will never have a chance to evolve based on who gets mega evolutions. Mawile and Absol? Locked forever. Hopefully their megas make up for it.
  19. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

Dude I read research and you can automatic Mega evolve if the pokemon is sent out or in the first slot.
  20. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Link plz? There isn't much to research right now. We've gotten one leak and a reveal.
  21. Weebos

Weebos

I imagine a lot of the earlier cries will be redone.
  22. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Here's a scary thought:
    If MegaMawile keeps the same Attack stat, after Huge Power it will have 590 Attack.
    Normal Absol's Attack stat after STAB is factored in is 591.
    MegaMawile's Sucker Punch is basically the equivalent of current gen Absol's. (Assuming MegaMawile doesn't get an increase Attack as well)

And again, this thing has Swords Dance, folks. (Take that, Azumarril) It has more raw power than Kyurem-B and it has a base 80 Priority move.
    If this thing gets a Sub up, that's a wrap; it's over for you. Fairy/Dark coverage has like one Pokemon that resist it: Heatran. I've sat here for a minute trying to thing of something else but all combinations of Psychic-typing are hit at least neutrally by Dark. Fairy hits Dark & Fighting Super Effectively leaving only Steel as a possible combination with Fire to resist Dark. I think Heatran is literally the only Pokemon that resists the combination.

I'm just imagining a set of:
    Mawile @ Mawilenite
    Trait: Intimidate (Huge Power)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Draining Kiss (Fairy STAB placeholder)
    - Sucker Punch
    - Swords Dance / Magnet Rise

You can't Toxic it with T-Spikes and it's immune to Sandstorm, so the most a stall-ish Pokemon could do is burn it but, if Mawile Swords Dances once, you're still dealing with a Pokemon with 590 Attack even after burn halves its Attack. And that's all assuming that MegaMawile doesn't get a boost to its Base Attack on top of Huge Power. This thing would gladly switch-in on Ferrothorn or Forretress and just throw up a Sub for free and start ruining your world.

MegaLucario's Adaptability may be hella scary, but it only effects its STABs. I mean, Honedge doesn't give a damn about MegaLucario unless the boost to its Base Attack is enough to make up for the lack of Life Orb, which I REALLY doubt will happen since Life Orb brings Lucario's Attack stat from 350 max to 455 max. I would see them increasing Lucario's Attack to either match its SpAtk at Base 115 or bring it up by 10 points to Base 120. Bullet Punch is the only scary thing about Adaptability to me. Lucario will still have 4-moveslot syndrome so, it may be threatening but it'll probably be manageable. Altho, they clearly are trying to kill stall, like, wow will Lucario run through Stall now. At least Nidoqueen can stop him I guess.

MegaBlaziken is the only one I think will still be broken. That is still a crazy-good Pokemon even without Mega Evolution.

MegaAmpharos just confuses me. I really hope they changed Ampharos to Dragon-type as well because the only Dragon Attack Ampharos gets is Outrage via tutor so it doesn't get Draco Meteor or even Dragon Pulse which is crazy to me. Dragon is a great defensive typing since it resists Fire, Water, and Grass but for MegaAmpharos, it would be a solely defensive-typing. Kinda lame, honestly.

I'm hyped and afraid but at least I'm not confused anymore...well aside from Ampharos.
    Crystalzee and b2j135 like this.
  23. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

That's a quote straight from the official US/Europe Pokemon X and Y website... Sorry dude.
  24. Fibble

Fibble

Well, we know that Pokemons' stats increase when they Mega Evolve; maybe Mega Ampharos is a lot more defense-oriented?
  25. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

Extra defensive Ampharos with Parabola charge and dragon type resists. Let us have it now game freak.
    Fibble and youngjake93 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)