1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deluge

deluge

The Pokemonite are just an extension of eviolite in the other direction. They boost fully evolved Pokes with higher stats, potentially a different ability, typing, and design. I think it's quite neat and hope it will actually be useful (ie, they'd better transform on their own without using a move). I'm salivating at a faster Absol with more attack and speed plus Magic Bounce. MegaEvolutions allow older Pokes to be boosted in battle without forcing the player to permanently evolve them into a different design. All the people who complained about Misdreavus->Mismagius or Magmar->Magmortar should be happy.

I'd thought about something like this for making Zen Mode Darmanitan useful. It'd need an item to keep it in forme.
  2. QuickBH

QuickBH

I would laugh if Soul Dew ends up becoming the Mega Stones for Lati@s and give them a transformation that would make them into fierce jetplanes with the base stats equivalent of +1 to Sp.A and Sp.D of the regular. I wouldn't want this, since tbh I find the innocence of both of the Lati's to be one of the main reasons why I like them so much, but it's still something to think about nonetheless.
  3. Anartya

Anartya

How are kids supposed to keep track of which pokemon gives what evs, if defeating a pokemon gives only 1 ev? I'm sure 1 ev will not change the "base stats" graph displayed in super training by enough so that its noticeable that 1 ev was gained in say atk. And I'm pretty sure you can only view the "base stats" graph at the super training facility only. Not in the pokemon status screen.
  4. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

Why are people assuming that pokemon with 2 types currently will get a type change? There's nothing to indicate that, so maybe we should hold off on the speculation of Fire/Dragon Charizard and all that.
  5. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I want them to keep the old way to get EV. I like having options. There are people who don't want to EV train their pokemon through minigames. It's just a fact. More options = more fun and an easier time for everyone. I also have a feeling berries will me making a return sense we'd need the berries in some fashion. It's also possible that Game Freak will make new ways to get rid of EVs or have some way to transfer EVs from one stat to another.
    pharaohcalvin likes this.
  6. Anartya

Anartya

I'm fine with that as long as it's easily accessible from the beginning.
  7. MegaMewtwo

MegaMewtwo

I just thought that with the Mega stuff it would be hilarious to pop up here. Not gonna stick around though.

On a less spammy note, I've noticed that my "namesake" seems to be a huge middle finger at Darkrai. More Speed means it'd be harder for Darkrai to outspeed it if it's not running +Speed as well as Insomnia so it can go "lol Dark Void."
    mattj likes this.
  8. richi3f

richi3f

I don't think the old way of EV training is gone, since the official site states that "Pokémon gain experience and grow stronger by battling with other Pokémon." However, the site also says: "The outside (yellow) part of the graph shows the base stat increases that your Pokémon has achieved through Super Training." So EVs earned through wild/trainer battles are probably hidden.
  9. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

That would seem silly on the part of Game Freak. Only being able to show EVs obtained through Super Training would make things bad given that you wouldn't be able to see the stats you have through traditional EV training so you have no idea what to take out and what to put in. I think you either took it out of context or they took the traditional EV training out. I certainly hope it's the former.
  10. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

ok we need a dragon/fire megazard fast

I do actually hope they expand the number of Mega Evolutions. There are a bounty of Pokemon that need an upgrade, and it would be intriguing to have both Pokemon to look and have fun with (for example, kricketune) and also be able to battle with said Pokemon effectively. I think picking Ampharos to show off may indicate this, along with Absol and Mawile.

Or, maybe just a handful including a few select legendaries and starters. I'm conflicted. I either want a bunch of MegaEvos or only a couple. No in between.
  11. pharaohcalvin

pharaohcalvin

You don't even begin to understand how much I hate them.
  12. Scorpio

Scorpio

So what's the probability that any of these MEvos will become full-blown evos in Gen 7 (obviously not stuff like MegaBlaziken)?
  13. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

We can't really say just yet, considering we know literally nothing about the 7th generation besides that there will be starters and legendaries and a new map.

We really don't know much about sixth gen, even, so thinking that far ahead might be counting your eggs before they hatch. It will depend heavily on how many MegaEvos are made in Generation 6, or whether this will be like the gender differences and will be mostly forgotten in the next generation.
  14. Green

Green

I think it would be awesome if every pokemon of the species didn't look exactly the same. Two of the same pokemon right next to each other will always look identical, unless they are shiny or have gender differences. It would be cool if every pokemon had some random variability to make it look unique, so my Emolga won't look exactly like your Emolga.
    Dreamox and dwarfstar like this.
  15. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

Perhaps Pokemon Amie will play a role in meeting the requirements to Mega Evolve. You may have to have max friendship, just like how you need to have max friendship to learn the "starter hyper beams" like Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, and also with Draco Meteor as well. Speaking of the starters, I will be seriously bummed if they don't all get mega evolutions. It makes me slightly nervous that the Torchic line has been put into the spotlight, because it's seems like they might be the only starter line to get a mega evolution, and that would seriously be a bummer to a lot of players, including me. I want Swampert to get a mega form very very badly.

MegaMeganium should exist.
    Crystalzee likes this.
  16. Weebos

Weebos

I don't know about every starter, but I will be really surprised if Charizard and Blastoise don't get ones,
  17. CJorex

CJorex

I'm hoping for Grass/Dragon MegaSceptile and MegaSerperior.
    dwarfstar likes this.
  18. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

[​IMG]

Hm... Interesting. Gamefreak doesn't seem to be implying that the move "may" paralyze the target, implying that there is only a chance to paralyze. The move seems to do damage and have a guaranteed paralyzation chance!

... Cool. If it gets good distribution, Thunder Wave could be left in the dust.
  19. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It will probably go to "cute" Pokemon
    Somehow I think that Thunder Wave will be around for a long time to come
  20. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

I doubt it will get good distribution.

Glare is another move that is far better than Thunder Wave. The only pokemon that gets both, Dunsparce, almost always uses Glare because it has 90% accuracy, and can paralyze any pokemon. If more pokemon got glare, I doubt thunder wave would see any use, but glare wasn't given to a lot of pokemon. I doubt that any other moves that will paralyze the target will become widespread.

My guess would be that it is a move with a low BP, probably between 10 and 45, and a high accuracy (90-100%), and a 100% chance of inducing paralysis. From the name of the move, I think the pikaclones will get it, in addition to probably some other dog or cat-like pokemon. However, note that this is just what I think will happen, and I have no hard evidence to back up most of what I put here.
  21. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

I'm lol'ing so hard at the people who think the Super Training is just a facility atm. Because, as quoted from the official pokemon website (and if you looked at it you'd notice it's on the touch screen with menu options similar to PSS or whatev it's called) "Super Training can be played on the Touch Screen of your Nintendo 3DS system whenever you are not in battle or viewing an event". Meaning you can super train wherever, no facility. You may have to go somewhere or talk to someone to learn how to do it, but the site shows it can be used anywhere.
  22. EIFF

EIFF

Just some things I'm wondering about:
    * Why haven't the English Pokemon XY site updated us with information about Oorotto, Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol and Mega Mawile?
    * Has the entire XY part of CoroCoro been leaked, or is there still more to come?
  23. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch

GameFreak really likes their consistency, so I really doubt they'll do away with traditional EV training altogether. I can see Super Training be like the Pokemon Dojo, as in another way to EV train

What'll most likely happen is that the Gym Leader, after being defeated or helping her with whatever major plot point happens, will show you around the Super Training facility and explain the process to you. One of the people working there will probably load your PokePad (this gen's piece of technology) with a ST "app." Which is probably where the EV viewing interface will come from, too.

From Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/heres-how-pokemon-x-and-ys-new-mega-evolutions-work-1077212815)

Any more information on this? It seems like a good way to passively EV train. Maybe it'll be connected to StreetPass somehow?
    Lanturn314 likes this.
  24. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The english website hasn't updated with them because the japanese site hasn't updated with them.
    I suspect that once CoroCoro releases for real on Monday, all the sites will update with the other 3 megas, but orotto is really up in the air since it was never even in CoroCoro to begin with.

We have the entire XY portion of CoroCoro. If anything remains in the Pokemon section, it's probably just anime stuff.
  25. Green

Green

In the current legitimate metagame, I think it's fair to say that more than 90% of the pokemon used to battle were edited with some kind of save editor to make a "legitimate" hack. Not many people actually EV train their pokemon from start to finish and then use them in serious competitive battling. Now with Super EV training, people won't be intimidated by the way EV training works to make some legitimate competitive pokemon.
    DarkEspeon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)