1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the24th

the24th

Part of the reason also lies in the fact that 5th gen games will no longer be supported by GL after the new site is up.

EDIT: Even if you could transfer boxes, which is, as @R_N suggested, impractical.
  2. Ignore This

Ignore This

Anybody else hoping there isn't some sort of Poketransfer in X and Y? I would welcome the idea because it would prevent bad hacks from the previous game from ruining your game and lets everyone sort of start from scratch.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Even with poketransfer, everyone would need to start from scratch. Those types of things are always post game
    megayokim likes this.
  4. Anartya

Anartya

I personally am with you here and want to start a fresh new game like RSE did for the exact same reasons, but I think 97% of the pokemon community want compatibility with BW/BW2.
  5. megayokim

megayokim

i was sad enough when i had to lose my shingy gyrados from pkmn g/s/c and couldnt transfer it (i thought i wouldnt get another) and honestly i dont want that again
  6. Ignore This

Ignore This

Yeah, I meant even after post-game. So basically everyone would have to catch all previous gen Pokemon again in X and Y.
  7. The Shadow Knight

The Shadow Knight

That's all fine and dandy, unless you want to get at least decent pokemon bred. Then give it 6 months and everyone is running around with near flawless pokemon anyway. The only difference being that extra time investement being there.
  8. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

No. I want my transfer. It killed me I couldn't take Gen 2 mons to Gen 3. Then my old carts started dying and it was like my old memories were dying with them :( I have a Salamence which I have cradled all the way to Lv 100 (and has beaten 4 different leagues). I want to keep him alive. Hes done Hoenn League, Kanto League, Sinnoh League and Unova League and has a shit tonne of ribbons etc... He's probably the single mon I've had around the lolngest apart from my same game Swampert. I don't want to lose those mons :/
    Mario With Lasers and megayokim like this.
  9. Infernis

Infernis

Yeah, I have a Wailord with just about every award known to man that I'd rather not leave behind in Unova. (Well, it's actually still finishing up the Jumping Pokeathlons...) But it has every non event ribbon sans the purification one from Coliseum, and that's pretty flippin' crazy. It has conquered three leagues, won dozens of contests, climbed mount battle, had a super footprint, been in Solaceon on a Thursday, been a ridiculously good goalie, and achieved maximal happiness. Walter the Wailord might be the most esteemed Wailord on the planet. I even went to the trouble of winning several dozen luxury balls in Ruby (by beating master rank contests repeatedly; the only way to get one) and fishing for the perfect Wailord. He is a modest one, to be sure. Strong and fast as the tide.

And besides, if we get a Hoenn remake he needs to be able to visit his homeland once more. :p
  10. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

The idea being talked about here is adding Pokemon to existing areas, which is much different than Dream World. Also, I will burn my copy of X/Y is they make you buy Pokemon. At that point, GF should just let EA buy them.
  11. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Unlike you heartless monsters I have Pokemon that I have grown attached to and have had since Gen 3. They bring back memories of the good times and they can't be replaced. Also I have shinies I don't want to lose lol
  12. Wazzup360

Wazzup360

Serebii just posted about new trademarks, wich could mean the name of the new game we got the screen of or merchendise gen 6 related.
  13. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

On the topic, yes, finding a way to retain old mons would be great. But they really need to do something about Level 9 or under Zekrom and "Legal Hacks" (aka RNG Abuse). But I guess people will just continue playing on online emulators.
    megayokim likes this.
  14. megayokim

megayokim

that salamance story touched me man youre not alone :'(
  15. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

...Hell, no.
    This. This exactly. I have over 50 Shinies, all of which I am the original trainer of, all of whom I remember the stories behind, none of whom I want to leave behind. I have numerous EV trained Pokémon filling up my PC. I have Pokémon I've become attached to, Pokémon I've had for years- some Pokémon I've had for over a decade! The day Ruby and Sapphire came out in the US, I picked up my copies and started Ruby with a Mudkip. That Mudkip is now a level 100 Swampert in my Black 2. My Wynaut has 60 ribbons, for crying out loud! If they don't allow transfers, I will rage.
    Gokuzbu and megayokim like this.
  16. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

Assuming that there's ever a 3DS emulator in the first place...
  17. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Reminder to still don't talk about the game or the trademark
  18. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

So, has anyone started thinking about what's gonna go on their in-game team? I know it's a bit early to be thinking about that, considering how little we know about the available Pokémon, but that hasn't stopped me from doing some early planning. Did the same for Black Version before we even knew all the Unova Pokémon. Due to picking out my entire team before we knew all the options, I ended up with a team of Emboar, Simisage, Basculin (Red-Striped), Klinklang, Zoroark, and Swoobat. And it was an awesome team. Wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

Anyway, right now, as you can see from my signature, I've so far decided that my team for Y will include Chespin, Helioptile, Skrelp, and Noivern. The only one of those that has even the slightest chance of being changed is Noivern, and even then, they gotta introduce one badass Fly user for me to reconsider using Noivern. I'm torn between Houndour and Litleo for my Fire-type, I'm gonna wait until we know more about Litleo's evolved form(s) before I make my decision. I'll be honest, though, I'm leaning more and more towards Litleo in any case at this moment, even though I've never used Houndour on an in-game team outside of Pokémon XD. And the sixth slot? Totally undecided. Swirlix would have been a competitor for that spot if it wasn't X exclusive, though it might still be, depending on how quickly I can breed in X and trade the Egg over to Y.
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

So other Pokémon have updated cries besides Pikachu's anime-voice.
    At least Crobat's and Mewtwo's have been remixed.
  20. megayokim

megayokim

yeah im gonna have froakie hes the coolest starter and a cloud frog thing could be interesting
    torchic because i want a mega asap and i love blaziken
    fletchling for my flyer and talonflame looks pretty cool
    skrelp because its a poison seahorse which is a nice concept
    helioplite because lizards are cool
    and sixth slo is to be decided
  21. megayokim

megayokim

really how so? like anime remixed or just diffrent?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)