1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Just because it had the ability doesn't mean it's otherwise unobtainable without transferring
    megayokim and b2j135 like this.
  2. b2j135

b2j135

yeah cause you know...Dream World is still a thing :p
  3. R_N

R_N

Gosh if only the games had introduced a way to get these abilities outside dream world
    Mario With Lasers likes this.
  4. b2j135

b2j135

*cough*hiddenhollows*cough*weezing*

We don't even know if this will return or not though :/ and I'm still on the fence about items returning from previous generations via whatever transfer method they use.
    Remember when B/W 1 came out and everyone was upset because Berries and Soul Dew were absent until DreamWorld and Black2/White2 in-game events happened.
    They just might do the same treatment with X/Y and that means NO Eviolite mons fore example.
  5. R_N

R_N

That was what I was implying, yes
    You're right, they might not. But they could. Or they have a new way to get hidden ability Pokemon. Or hidden abilties can just happen in the wild rarely.
  6. Sloth9230

Sloth9230

Pretty sure Eviolite will be available in-game. GF seems to want you to give it to your starter while it's in its second stage.
  7. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

Not that one. Its Dream World ability (If they're retaining that idea).

Froakie caught my attention the most. It can blow its foams like flotation devices and can also use them as shurikens. GameFreak's favorite Generation VI starter, I guess. And does the move that Chespin used look like Leech Seed?
  8. Charro

Charro

They seem to have perfect IVs. The four of them had perfect HP IVs. Gallade, Politoed and Ferrothorn all have their HP maxed out, Marowak was the only one who didn't, but still have 135 hp, which is the minimum with 31 IVs.
  9. The Diverman

The Diverman

I'm guessing that it's a special normal type earthquake.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  10. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Reveal the starter evolutions already. You'd think that'd be one of the first things revealed yet theyve said nothing
    megayokim likes this.
  11. StrangeState

StrangeState

Demo in English from Gamescom. Hope for a english demo available in the e-Shop?
    b2j135 likes this.
  12. megayokim

megayokim

no were never getting it equality doesnt exist for pokemon fans
  13. satchmo

satchmo

So I'm gonna be super ignorant and not read the last 267 pages to see if my question has been answer.

A while back, just around when Fairy-type was revealed, a friend mentioned someone (English beta testers I thought?) leaking out info like Fairy-type, the typing of the starter evos, etc.

Would anyone mind giving me a full list of theses rumors so I can be brought up to speed?
  14. EIFF

EIFF

DinaIsha and satchmo like this.
  15. satchmo

satchmo

Thank you, I appreciate it
  16. absolfusion

absolfusion

sorry to break it to you guys, but that's not hydro pump. even with a neutral nature and 0 evs, a rain boosted crit hydro pump with stab and life orb will almost ALWAYS KO a neutral nature 0 ev sylveon. If the HP and spec. defense is 110 and 130, it will do about 102-121% damage. If the stats were reversed it's even worse: 107-126% roughly. So yeah, I think it was likely water gun or scald
  17. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

It's clearly Water Gun. The anime taught me that Water Gun is a powerful move
    Klaine likes this.
  18. StrangeState

StrangeState

You can hear the announcer in the background saying "Hydoro Pampu" im pretty sure its Hydro Pump.
  19. absolfusion

absolfusion

It's not. Hydro pump should do waaaay more damage than the attack did.
  20. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

It's possible, although extremely improbable given the math. A 0 IV/0 EV neutral nature Politoed with crit/rain/stab/LO boosted Hydro Pump does 53.4% - 63.1% to a 252 HP/252 SpD Calm Cresselia (which is a tiny bit bulkier (120HP/130SpD) than any potential Sylveon stat spread anyone has guessed for this).

The only way this could be possible is if that Politoed is built almost as bad as it could be and the Sylveon is built very close to as bulky as it can possibly be. It's quite a stretch, however not impossible.
  21. b2j135

b2j135

Sylveon is HARD BODIED!
    [​IMG]
    It was indeed Hydro Pump, you just don't want to believe Sylveon could be so GUD!
  22. absolfusion

absolfusion

I think that it's more likely that someone misheard critical hit, because without the crit sylveon could easily live the hit and retaliate with draining kiss, making up for some of the difference. With leftovers it's a 3hko
    DarkEspeon likes this.
  23. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I just gave you the math. I'm not sure why you're still speculating things.
  24. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

So Sylveon's looking to have Base 95/X/X/110/130/X Stats now since it can take a Crit Rain Hydro Pump THAT well and still OHKO Salamence with Moon Blast. Either that or Moon Blast is insanely powerful to OHKO Mence from a Base 65 SpA Stat, which seems unlikely.

I'd also like to point out that Draining Kiss healing for the full amount of damage dealt seems to be confirmed since Sylveon was healed for far more than half the damage it did.
  25. absolfusion

absolfusion

Because I decided to give politoed full evs and and perfect IVs too with a timid nature(what some people were speculating it being). I don't think it was a critical hit though. That's what separates my math from your math.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)