Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Dual-type moves are still a rumor and haven't officially been confirmed(Although everything that source to Pokebeach said was true so far), I still can't help but to think how scary Fire Punch will become to my favorite Pokemon of 5th gen, Ferrothorn.
Imagine if it's now Fire and Fighting?
The whole metagame will change...
That sounds like an extreme mess if past generation moves will end up being dual-type moves.

I had ideas in my head on how they could work. But as I keep thinking about it, I get more lost on the subject; and my ideas fall apart.

But on that note, I would love to see infernape use fire punch on Ferrothorn

Not sure this is the right place for this, but apparently Hiro says the Pokebeach source has mainly false info.

I'd link things(I'm on a 3DS right now, cant use computer currently), but I can say its on the Bulbapedia's Real or Not Real thread, near the bottom, page 43.

Rumor wars in 3...2...

That sounds like an extreme mess if past generation moves will end up being dual-type moves.

I had ideas in my head on how they could work. But as I keep thinking about it, I get more lost on the subject; and my ideas fall apart.

But on that note, I would love to see infernape use fire punch on Ferrothorn
It OHKOs anyway what are you talking about.

Dual type moves sound incredibly fucking stupid and are probably fake

I personally consider Hiro to be reliable as things currently stand. So his wording of "mainly false" makes sense to me (since some of it's been true) and bolsters my hope for no dual type moves.

It OHKOs anyway what are you talking about.
not much to talk about really, it was a simple joke. Btw rain teams are popular.

no reason to be a d-bag.

And I don't like the idea of dual-type moves either. Dual-typing on pokemon works well enough on its own.

I think one idea that'd be simple enough to do would be a move that gets stab on one type but is treated as another, like a fighting type getting stab on fire punch but having it hit as a regular fire type attack

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
They might change the multiplication modifier for SE moves though
(Although it probably is still a mess-- at least difficult for us to calculate)

But if we only have Dual typed moves, I guess tri-attack would remain Normal monotype.
We don't want to see triple types, do we? :p

Yeah, early game gyms can have surprisingly powerful Pokemon (Like how Misty has a goddamn Starmie). I could see them making the second gym have a couple of this cool new type so as to get the kids excited seeing them later in the game. I mean, assuming this is in fact true, Fairy seems to me like it would be closer to Dark and Steel in rareness than Dragon. So they would want to introduce it early.
While Starmie is good... generally speaking it's one thing to have an offensively powerful pokemon you can level-up-past. In contrast, Miltank-style defensive pokemon with self-healing can be absurdly tough.

However, I was really referring to rare pokemon, not powerful ones. We've never had the dragon gym be #2, and having the fiary gym be #2 is just plain nuts since fairies are said to be weak only to obscure move-types steel and poison. Unless they totally rework the kinds of pokemon you meet on your early trip (and not just by making every grass pokemon grass/poison), this would be quite absurd for early-game balance and learning purposes.

I was wondering, how would we go about changing clothes in-game, and where do we get new outfits from? Is there a strip mall in Lumiose City, or certain Pokemarts/store kiosks that sell accessories, like how they sold secret base paraphernalia in RSE? Do Pokemon Centers have changing rooms for us to use, or do we have to go back home every time we want to modify our outfit?

back on track (don't kill us yet stellar)do you think Lumiose will be like castelia/saffron etc? I think it might also be a tourist attraction like nimbasa and real world paris.

Sorry I haven't been on the thread much, I've been afraid to post here as I don't know what speculation is actually allowed to post. But since I'm here, could someone give me a quick overview of what on the new stuff has been discussed, and maybe tell me what said below has already been discussed? I don't want to repeat anything, but I have noticed these few things (tell me what's been said):

1. The region seems to have 15 or more towns, and, since the region is supposed to be HUGE, and whereas Unova was primarily cities, could this mean we have 10 or 12 gyms in this region?
  2. The land seems to be dominated with rivers, and I don't think we've ever dealt with rivers much before. Thoughts on that?
  3. In one of the pictures, the character seems to be moving diagonally
  4. The two new moves and how they may effect the metagame (not sure if this belongs in the thread)
  5. Definitions and descriptions of the starters in regards to anything related to evolutions
  6. I totally called that Gogoat would still be called Gogoat in english [and guys, does this make me a source of correct leaks? No. Some things CAN be guessed.]

Yveltal? Naru?
I really want to get back into the thread.
Can someone please answer this for me? I would really like to know so that, if anything was not said, I can bring it up.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Is that true that the player will be able to ride Pokémon? If true, will this apply to many Pokémon or will just apply to Gogoat?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My comments in bold italic just because I can.

Sorry I haven't been on the thread much, I've been afraid to post here as I don't know what speculation is actually allowed to post. But since I'm here, could someone give me a quick overview of what on the new stuff has been discussed, and maybe tell me what said below has already been discussed? I don't want to repeat anything, but I have noticed these few things (tell me what's been said):

1. The region seems to have 15 or more towns, and, since the region is supposed to be HUGE, and whereas Unova was primarily cities, could this mean we have 10 or 12 gyms in this region? This hasn't been discussed, as far as I'm aware.
  2. The land seems to be dominated with rivers, and I don't think we've ever dealt with rivers much before. Thoughts on that? I mentioned it as speculation once, but never thought it would get real. It looks like all the roads radiate out from Lumiose, but the rivers can be used to travel between other cities. The only river I can think of to date, was near the Weather Institute in Hoenn, and was only partially surfable.
  3. There was a guy (who's probably been mentioned) who said the names of the new pokemon on PokeBeach and turned out to be write. Have people talked about his other rumors and how likely they are, or has this not been brought up? (Rumors were fairy type exists along with retype of mawile and effectiveness, dual-type moves, levitate and fly only battles, starter final evos being a NON-reverse type triangle, mewtwo having more forms, and an easier way to deal with and check EVs) This has been discussed for pages on end.
  4. In one of the pictures, the character seems to be moving diagonally This too.
  5. The two new moves and how they may effect the metagame (not sure if this belongs in the thread) There is a thread in OverUsed for that.
  6. Definitions of the starters in regards to anything related to evolutions Hasn't been brought up. Could make for some interesting theories, I guess.
  7. I totally called that Gogoat would still be called Gogoat in english Kudos!
  8. Zigzagoon is now confirmed to be in the game (did ANYONE else notice this?) Well... no. But kudos again!

Yveltal? Naru?
I really want to get back into the thread.

EDIT:
On dual-type, a way I could see them doing it that wouldn't break things would be:
Take a 60 power move called burning bolt, fire/electric, attacked by a fire type onto a water type pokemon
It would do 30 power super effective non-STAB damage + 30 power not very effective STAB damage (half of one attack, half of another)
No way it could be broken, if anything it would be a hinderance. Only gives a chance for greater coverage but less damage on some things.

The abundance of rivers on the big region map has been duelly noted. You may have noticed that part of the river routes that practically divides the region in half between the northeast and southwest cuts straight through Lumiose City, and the rivers are laid out in a highly similar manner to their real-life placement in France(even the mountain ranges are mostly the same, except for the westernmost part of the map). Our level of interaction with the network of rivers is still undefined.

Should zigzags on being in the game suggest that there is no regional rodent, or is it more like the rattata sentret thing from Johtou? I had thought that that was the only exception because of Johtou and Kantou being practically connected, ziggys cute but I was kind of looking forward to something finally beating Pikachu as the best early rodent

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Been reading back a few pages to the map, has no one else mentioned that the Windmill seems to drive the snow down that valley? The snow line is really peculiar if it is falling willy nilly from the mountains.

The only explanation is the building that looks like a windmill is actually forcing the snow down the valley to the south of the town. That therefore ends up being driven all the way down to the small snowey town in the south east of the region.

I'm pretty interested in analysing the map as much as possible, I know some people have pointed out some of the towns/islands/forests etc, but I'm more interested in the caves and waterways. And also that peculiar blue building right over in the east which I know some people have talked about.

EDIT: Probably won't get noticed but just found this image:

There is also another one with it overlaying on northern France almost perfectly (Which no one is really shocked about).

Should zigzags on being in the game suggest that there is no regional rodent, or is it more like the rattata sentret thing from Johtou? I had thought that that was the only exception because of Johtou and Kantou being practically connected, ziggys cute but I was kind of looking forward to something finally beating Pikachu as the best early rodent
I'm guessing that rather than the standard "rodent," our early-game Normal type for this region could possibly be Helioptile. I mean, he's part Normal, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Game Freak is introducing a bunch of boring, early game Pokemon for now and revealing the cooler stuff later (hence them also revealing the standard Normal/Flying type). If that's true, it could show at least some effort on Game Freak's part to shake up the more rigid parts of their formula at least a little bit... 17 years too late, I might add, but hey, baby steps people.

Well, long time since I've posted here...
I would like to have some deeper discussion about the Kalos region.

With a quick look these are first things that pop up:
- It clearly is based on France. The shape of the land, the eiffel tower approximately there where Paris would be, rivers and so on. Of course little spiced up with deserts, mountains and glaciers.
- I'm glad to assume, that this time playthrough of the game is far from linear! I believe no one knows where the starting city is placed, but none the less it seems almost impossible to make playthrough so straightforward. All the rivers and roads connecting cities seems to form a kind of "web".

Well, then the further analysis. (I apologize if some of these are mentioned earlier):
- I calculated total of 14 cities. One of which must be Pokemon League. I would love to find someone with great photoshop skills to circle all the assumed cities from the image with red, highlight rivers with blue and roads with green and so on. That would also help the discussion about the matter.
- I can see 3 visible caves in the region. One huge cavesystem with at least 5 entrances at the south-west of the region. Then one located north from aforementioned, another side of the river. Then finally another huge cave at north-east, which seems to be kind of Ice cave. I'm quite satisfied of the amount and especially about the locations of them. (I'm referring to Sinnoh, which I loathed when talking about caves)
- We've seen game footage taken in the forest. There seems to be quite many forests, do you believe the major of them are in use, or just aesthetics?
- There are so many little details that I'm really delighted about! The lighthouse, stonehenge like of thing, some wooden structure, a lonely island, some large water container, hydroelectric power-plant(s) (???), wind turbines... There's that purple thingie at the glacier... The lonely green blob at south-east... WOW... Last generation was almost just bridges after bridges, but this..!
- I don't believe it's possible to say which ones are gym-cities or which ones have certainly some special meaning. I'd welcome some opinions about this. Only thing what I can assume "for sure", is that there's going to be ice-type gym.

I'm sure I forgot about something, but you can add it up!

Now to the new pokemons:
- Pancham: First thought - awesome. It reminds me of this fakemon. Final evo Grass/Fighting?
- Fletchling: Nice touch in my opinion. I would love to believe there's a deeper idea behind this one. I mean: It starts out as Normal/Flying, but it'd evolve into Fire/Flying? It learns Flame Charge, but yeah, I know the idea is a bit farfetched.
- Gogoat: I like the desing. I wonder will it evolve further, or is this its final form...
- Helioptile: Looks like a total derp. But yeah, typing is a nice touch and its evolution might be something spectacular!

That's all I and my son had to share with you!

I was wondering, how would we go about changing clothes in-game, and where do we get new outfits from? Is there a strip mall in Lumiose City, or certain Pokemarts/store kiosks that sell accessories, like how they sold secret base paraphernalia in RSE? Do Pokemon Centers have changing rooms for us to use, or do we have to go back home every time we want to modify our outfit?
I seem to remember reading that you go back to your house to change clothes.

Sorry for jumping in,but i got this itch about riding Pokèmons...

If they made PKMNs ride-able,then it might be possible to apply the same concept to Surfing/Flying... (Like seeing the ACTUAL PKMN for ONCE,damnit!)

I mean,it's all a wild speculation but I hope/guess it could be since:

1)With all the goddamn rivers,the surfing would get on the nerves quickly (at least for me it would >_>).

2)The fact that the source said something about a Flying/levitate PKMNs only battle style.

3) Yvetal would IDEALLY (but it could be total BS,since i'm only basing on the boxart background pic) be found in the skies of Kalos.

Or they could just go Full-Rayquaza.

And in the end,how could Riding affect battles?

If you can change clothes then where do u get them?
-Do you buy them, get them as gifts, are they prizes for ingame events or for participating in vgc tournaments?
I can see nitendo doing the last like with the c-gear skins.
Im really happy with the new map. Its waaaay more colourful than unova bland green.

If you can change clothes then where do u get them?
-Do you buy them, get them as gifts, are they prizes for ingame events or for participating in vgc tournaments?
I can see nitendo doing the last like with the c-gear skins.
Im really happy with the new map. Its waaaay more colourful than unova bland green.
I'm hoping we can get gym leader outfits, and maybe even older protag's cloths as downloads (like c-gear skins). Either way I might play as a girl because of this.

I was just checking out some YouTube videos and have fallen upon this certain image. I have screenshot the image because it has intrigued me for quite a while. This "possible Pokemon" left of the lamppost seems to be some sort of a pre-evo of Gogoat, as they prove to have a similar color scheme and almost similar structure, though it seems more bear-like so I may be wrong. What are your thoughts on this guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)