1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Info Hub for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJorex

CJorex

What really needs to happen is the acual sprite of the pokemon appears when you need a HM.
  2. Green

Green

I'd be cool with a HG/SS situation where the pokemon walk behind you.

The 3DS has an accelerometer built in that could act as a pedometer.
  3. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
    Orange Islands

This happened in HGSS when the Pokemon whose HM you were using was the one at the front of your party. Like using Rock Smash made the Pokemon move ahead of you and then smack the boulder... It worked great. I'd love to have the follow mechanic back, but I think it might be to much for 3D :(
  4. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

I think it might be too much for their first game on the 3DS. Right now they're taking babysteps with things like diagonal movement and sitting on benches. Oh and a fully 3D environment for the first time on a main series game. However, if Gen 7 is also on the 3DS, that would be the time to starting getting really fancy and bringing back overworld sprites and making unique HM animations. Unique battling animations would be sweet, too.

Also, has anyone who's played the demo actually commented on the use of 3D? Like does it look really cool when Mewtwo uses Psystrike? I mean, it looks sweet through a video recording, so I can only imagine the 3D effect adds to it.
  5. Fundance

Fundance

I imagine that the remake of this game (Z?) is going to have improved 3D animations after they've used the first version to test the waters.
  6. DinaIsha

DinaIsha

Unfortunately, we know that this is not happening in X&Y. The Smash playthrough clearly showed that the shadow-sprite is returning (Unless GameFreak made a Pokemon that looks exactly like the Surfing-shadow).
  7. Namine

Namine

Sorry if this is anywhere told but:
    I got a question has anyone who has played the demo evolved one of the starters? If yes please say the types (and which level?) :L
    Also if anyone wants to respond please quote this message so i know you responded to it. Alrady thanks for answering.
  8. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

The time limit on the demo is too low for anyone to do this.
  9. amnz

amnz

I don't think they can even gain exp.
  10. Akiratron

Akiratron

Will there be hidden power fairy?

If back compatibility is going to be in X & Y that would screw up previous pokemon's hidden powers if it's all re-worked.
  11. SSJ

SSJ

Well,fairy is a new type and I'm sure there going to make HP fairy.But there going to have to change how HP is calculated and stuff like that.
    I'm hoping that the starter evolutions will be revealed in next week's Coro Coro because I think its about time they revealed the secondary typings of the starters.
  12. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

They could make hidden power randomly generated, independent of a pokemon's IVs, and then generate the hidden power according to the IVs if it is transferred over from gen 5 (or lower).
  13. Spenstar

Spenstar

They could also make Hidden Power more in the player's control with stuff like Pokemon-amie
  14. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Give your Pokemon enough different colored pofure and its hidden power changes to that type? Something like that?
    Lovedrive likes this.
  15. Spenstar

Spenstar

Yup. And the more you play with your mon on Amie, the stronger its IVs and Hidden Power gets. You're in full control, the only difficulty would be for maybe technician HPs.
  16. IcyMan28

IcyMan28

I wouldn't hold your breath for the secondary typings to be revealed this corocoro. If I recall correctly none of the starter pokemon's evolutions have been revealed that way? I know we knew about Servine and Dewott beforehand but that was from an anime sketch, and we certainly didn't know about the Gen 4 starter's evolutions.
  17. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

I'm pretty sure Servine, Pignite, and Dewott were officially revealed in an issue of CoroCoro, which I think may have been before the release of B/W (albeit after we got that anime sketch, and also after Serebii leaked the middle and final evolutions).
  18. Spenstar

Spenstar

All I know is that I'm picking Froakie if it's not Water/Fighting, and Chespin if it is.
  19. R_N

R_N

CoroCoro's September issue (the one that came out like days before release) revealed Servine, Dewott & Pignite

I hope either this month's or next's has them revealed but they're all single typing. No one ever said they would all get secondary typings on their first evolution.
  20. Namine

Namine

Oh ok thank you for answering this indeed answers my question :)
  21. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

And even if it weren't, Pokémon in the demo can't gain exp.
    Spenstar likes this.
  22. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

I would like this very much. And if they wouldn't do this, then I'd at least like it if when you're viewing the moves of something that knows Hidden Power, that the move is listed with the base power and type it has for that Pokémon, rather than as a Normal move with no base power.
    AstralFire likes this.
  23. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

Then it wouldn't exactly be hidden, would it?
    Az_UK, EJ190, cant say and 8 others like this.
  24. Akiratron

Akiratron

Hence why I don't think we will get back compatibility. The IV system could be revamped adding more hidden stats for amie evasion etc. With a 3DS game I expect you could "catch them all" ish.

Would anyone else mind the fresh start? I wouldn't mind starting from scratch to be fair. The COD player in me is like "prestige"
  25. R_N

R_N

One move having issues is not reason enough to remove a feature they know is important to people
    Rudoku, Gokuzbu and BreakMyFate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)