1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignore This

Ignore This

They should include Aurotto's type too. I'm kinda curious if it turns out Grass/ Ghost or Dark type.
  2. P2X7

P2X7

Okay, first off:
    Well, looks like I remembered the type chart wrong, but my point was that hitting Dragon and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Fighting super effectively is huge in the current meta game.

Second, because I never liked bringing up topics/posts from past pages and then not even contributing to the current discussion:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that the updated type chart would be released in Corocoro this month?
  3. SSJ

SSJ

Anyone have any idea what might be included in the direct?I'm hoping Fairy's type chart and possibly some evolutions of older Pokemon(if there are any).
    I'm sure they aren't going to show off the starters second evolutions.
  4. Green

Green

They did. The newest issue of CoroCoro could just be restating the stuff that is released tomorrow.
  5. SSJ

SSJ

If the fairy type chart is revealed tomorrow,then there might not be any other info for Coro Coro to publish this month unless they are covering some useless topic like Mega Evolutions.
  6. DeathIncarnate501

DeathIncarnate501

No soul.
  7. Anartya

Anartya

Pokemon Direct....tommorrow!? Oh man I'm aboard the hype train. If its anything like the first one, I really hope they completely surprise us and not show us something we expect (like starter evos or more mega evos) because that's not really a surrprise. I'm hoping they reveal a new mechanic as game changing as mega evolutions.
  8. Lovedrive

Lovedrive

oh damn i thought it was supposed to be only good against dragon guess I forgot about those other types. Guess that's why I thought it wouldn't be a good attacking type.
  9. Blazi

Blazi

I have no idea why some people don't want backwards compatibility, just because they want a new fresh start. Just like some people have said before, transfering is only possible after the main game and you have the choice whether or not you want to transfer. Nobody is forcing you to use it. I would like (perhaps even demand) backwords compatibility just for the fact that I have more than 100 mons that were bred/caught and trained up to lvl 100 and I want to use them again in Wi-Fi battles. I really have no desire in rebreeding, recatching and levelling them up AGAIN. X & Y will most likely make hackmons unable to battle in Wi-Fi battles, so that is another argument against BC going down the drain.

And besides, I think GF has learned a lot from Gen 3 (hopefully?), and because they said they were working on it (they encountered problems, I know), I think BC seems likely.

Oh, and finally new news tomorrow. Hoping for new Mega-Evolutions, new gameplay and perhaps even starter evolutions.
    Btw, this is just the second Pokemon Direct right? If so, hopefully it's just as awesome as the first one was.
  10. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I have a bad feeling about this, especially since this was announced all of the sudden.

Arceus forbid, we hear Iwata say "we want to take more time". At this point, I'm willing to accept any news, good or bad, or even no news (just another Pokémon history segment), as long as it's not a delay.

Less than 24 hours, people!
  11. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

Nintendo Directs are always announced only a day or two before they come out, and they would dedicate one to a delay.
  12. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

I know a lot of people are hoping for a "fresh start" because it helps reduce the power creep that happens at the start of each generation just a bit. For example, Salamence and Kyurem-B would not have access to Outrage, Stealth Rock would have extremely limited distribution, etc.

Keep in mind, you are on Smogon, so people tend to be thinking in terms of competitive play rather than the emotional bonds they have formed with their Pokémon over the years.

I, for one, want a fresh start for the reasons listed above. I always found the transfer process too tedious and never migrated my Pokémon from one game to another. (That, and I restart and replay my games like crazy and it is too much of a hassle to trade tons of Pokémon from one game to another.) I definitely understand why people want backwards compatibility, though.

Let's just keep in mind that people hoping for a fresh start aren't purposely trying to piss off/insult people who want to be able to transfer. There really is no need for the level of vitriol I've seen in some of the more recent posts.
  13. Lovedrive

Lovedrive

well if they do that they better give access to all those random moves only accessible in the past. Like Mewtwo with Selfdestruct or maybe..........Water Gun as a move tutor/tm in fact how about all those random gen 1 tms like payday and horn drill.
  14. Anartya

Anartya

Its mainly because of the excess of Hackmons on GTS and Wifi. But the other things might be overly complicated illegal moveset/ability combinations if not all the move tutors from FRLGE up to BW/BW2 appear in X and Y. Roost TM, Seismic Toss, Wish Chansey, pokemon XD exclusive moves...etc.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  15. Akiratron

Akiratron

Yeah I was not trying to annoy anyone, I'm just open to the idea of starting again.
    Regarding this announcement I pray it's not a delay but in the grand scheme of things if its to fix bugs etc its worth the wait.
  16. Spenstar

Spenstar

Hoping for more new attacks, confirming Gen V transfers, Orotto, and nicknaming outsider Pokemon.

If they do that last one my entire month will be made.
    Missingno. Master likes this.
  17. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Yes, OH HELL YES, yes, and OH HELL YES. All I need are the second and last ones you mentioned and my entire month will be made.
    Spenstar likes this.
  18. Spenstar

Spenstar

Good to know I'm not the only person hoping for nicknaming outsider Pokemon. C'mon, Enjolras the Torchic!
  19. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

"Introducing Pokémon X2 and Y2! Please welcome the seventh generation of Pokémon! Here are the starters, and two legendaries!

Please excuse us while we tell you nothing for two months
    "

On a more serious note, though, I wonder how they will do it. Will Iwata be the speaker of the video, presenting the news to us as if we were all sitting in the same room? If so, I'd expect more to be revealed about a specific feature (likely to be Pokémon Amie or Mega Evolutions, but could in theory be anything). Perhaps he will talk a little about the inspiration behind some of the new Pokémon/characters/locations? A little "behind the scenes" stuff?

After all, reveals of new Pokémon and gameplay is usually the stuff of pure trailers or magazine "articles". If a person is presenting the news, he won't give us a bunch of random gameplay clips, nor a block of text or details of movesets or base stats. Though, I'd expect a trailer at the end of the Direct, in the style of all the previous ones.
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If Iwata is speaking and not Masuda, we likely won't get much if any behind the scenes stuff like that.

I suspect it will be a new trailer, probably international reveal of the special 3dses, maybe a special campaign for buying them, and maybe a reveal of a Pokemon in Smash Bros.
    If they deviate from XY stuff at all, the recent trademarks for Pokken Fighters and [english] trademark for Pokemon Tretta could be shown.
    Spenstar likes this.
  21. Green

Green

Considering they are going out of their way to do a Nintendo Direct, it will probably be important information.
  22. Adamant Zoroark

Adamant Zoroark

I highly doubt they'd ever do a Nintendo Direct just to announce a delay.

Like seriously, if they were to announce a delay why would they make a Nintendo Direct about it? Seems like there would be more feasible ways to announce a delay than by Nintendo Direct.
  23. R_N

R_N

Like just directly announcing it in a press release
    Or at least word it differently

Considering everything about the advertising it would be incredibly baffling to suddenly delay the games at this point barring a game breaking bug or production issues
  24. Cinccino

Cinccino

Or a review of what've been revealed so far.
  25. R_N

R_N

Aside from a broad lead in or reminder or two, Nintendo Directs don't really do that. And a review, if they ever did one, would probably fit more in October than september...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)