Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A while ago, someone noticed a large white Pokémon in the XY anime intro. The two look similar. (bottom rightish)

I bet whatever it is will be revealed in this month's corocoro, at least

I suspect that that clip was thrown in by accident from one of those demonstration clips the japanese site loves and corocoro likes facing pokemon shown in that month against each other.

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Actually, recently, there's been a rumor going around about some of the prospective mega-evolutions. There's even a list. Here: http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.jp/2013/08/registered-trademark-and-mega-pokemon.html
It has a list of recent trademarks taken out by Nintendo and Gamefreak.
  • Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
  • Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
  • Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
  • Abomasnow
Blaziken, Lucario, and Mawile are missing, but Blaziken and Lucario were registered in 2002 and 2004. Mawile, apparently, is owned by another company? Not too clear.
But every other pokemon on here has a chance to be a mega evolution. And, with Charizard and Blastoise confirmed, it's very possible that these are real!
No idea about Venasaur not being there

Huh...I was thinking about that in my above post. We won't know what these "checks" are until the game comes out, so there is no sense worrying about it. They could change a simple thing on the whim. But yeah, I'd be okay with checking for legality rather than legitimacy (probably would need to stop finding my Pokemon in unnatural places, then), and it would be good to (if legal hacks ARE approved) implement another barrier so to speak to prevent them from overrunning WiFi Competitions (a possible reason why the Test Competition is being done). Those are my two cents on some possibilities.

Again, there is so much we do not know about these concepts other than:

A) Will require an annual fee (to manage the system, security, and such).
B) Some sort of hack check will be implemented (to what extent, to what credentials, we do not know).
C) Over 3,000 Pokemon can be stored using this.

So for those who are panicking because of this...calm down. This is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of overall content from this.
I hate hacks so I'll be glad if it makes hack checking easier.

My main worry is (do not hate on me I know we do not know much about this) will charizard be banned in ou? I mean look at his stats already and the boosting his special attack along with drought would outclass ninetales wouldn't it? although he would still take 1/2 from stealth rocks if he was used as a lead he would get the sun up guaranteed unless the opponent has a drizzle/sand stream/snow warning on there team he could potentially be broken.
Charizard is currently sitting in NU so we'll have to see if the new XY games changes his prospects.

Actually, recently, there's been a rumor going around about some of the prospective mega-evolutions. There's even a list. Here: http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.jp/2013/08/registered-trademark-and-mega-pokemon.html
It has a list of recent trademarks taken out by Nintendo and Gamefreak.
  • Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo
  • Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross
  • Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron
  • Abomasnow
Blaziken, Lucario, and Mawile are missing, but Blaziken and Lucario were registered in 2002 and 2004. Mawile, apparently, is owned by another company? Not too clear.
But every other pokemon on here has a chance to be a mega evolution. And, with Charizard and Blastoise confirmed, it's very possible that these are real!
No idea about Venasaur not being there
Charizard & Blastoise really don't lend credence to this

From the moment Blaziken was shown (& probably partially because of the pokebeach rumor) most people thought that at least the kanto starters would get them.

*Also*
The trademarks are legit. People are just theorizing that they will correspond to some mega evolutions.
I know it's easy to say rumor but different connotations and blah blah blah

Would these hack checkers know if a Pokemon that was otherwise 100% legit was rare candied to level 100? I just thought of that and don't see how it could cause a problem.

I've got an interesting question that can't be answered yet: can ONLY the Charizard from Sycamore transform, or can imported Charizards transform? And believe me, there's a very relevant competitive reason for this: if imported Charizards can transform, so can Solar Power Charizard, meaning if it is used on a team with Ninetails, it can either take advantage of the sun that Ninetails uses, or transform if Ninetails faints and you need Drought up again. Also, if Sun is up and Charizard is in, the opponent can't feel safe switching into Politoed because Charizard could Mega Evolve the turn Politoed switches in to set up Drought again and immediately fire off a Solarbeam; HOWEVER, if the opponent decides not to switch in Politoed to get rid of Sun, they have to deal with Solar Power 'Zard, leading to some major mindgames. ...Yay for competitively useful Charizard!

Reactions: PME

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've got an interesting question that can't be answered yet: can ONLY the Charizard from Sycamore transform, or can imported Charizards transform? And believe me, there's a very relevant competitive reason for this: if imported Charizards can transform, so can Solar Power Charizard, meaning if it is used on a team with Ninetails, it can either take advantage of the sun that Ninetails uses, or transform if Ninetails faints and you need Drought up again. Also, if Sun is up and Charizard is in, the opponent can't feel safe switching into Politoed because Charizard could Mega Evolve the turn Politoed switches in to set up Drought again and immediately fire off a Solarbeam; HOWEVER, if the opponent decides not to switch in Politoed to get rid of Sun, they have to deal with Solar Power 'Zard, leading to some major mindgames. ...Yay for competitively useful Charizard!
Politoed can just use Protect, since a lot of them carry it to scout.

Politoed can just use Protect, since a lot of them carry it to scout.
It can't switch INTO Charizard though; the worst thing that happens when Politoed switches into Ninetails is that Ninetails sets up Sunny Day and Politoed has to switch out next turn, but when Politoed switches into CHARIZARD, Charizard can Mega-Evolve, set up Drought, and fire off a Solarbeam ALL ON THE SAME TURN, meaning Politoed can't switch into non-mega Charizard at all.

Reactions: PME
Unfortunately, not necessarily. Would be nice, though; Mega Infernape would be pretty awesome, (and somewhat necessary, considering Infernape's current downward trend.)
It would make no sense if they wouldn't as I will grab my riot and storm GameFreak if they don't make Mega Infernape because why only make it Hoenn and Kanto only? I feel like Sinnoh, Johto, and MAYBE Unova starters will be available to you throughout postgame kind of like how it was done in HG/SS. This game is meant to be "the best" no? So why wouldn't they go all out with the starters? Including Kalos starters obviously.

whats funny is hell is how on edge you're going to have to be when battling because of mega evos. Like your opponent sends out Lucario and it's like Ooohhh shit gotta watch out he's gonna transform so you take all these measures but it turns out he just had life orb or some shit and this happens to his charizard, salamence, etc. and you end up losing the battle because you were getting ready for the mega evos that never happened. lol.

It would make no sense if they wouldn't as I will grab my riot and storm GameFreak if they don't make Mega Infernape because why only make it Hoenn and Kanto only? I feel like Sinnoh, Johto, and MAYBE Unova starters will be available to you throughout postgame kind of like how it was done in HG/SS. This game is meant to be "the best" no? So why wouldn't they go all out with the starters? Including Kalos starters obviously.
I'm not sure they've ever really stated this was supposed to be "the best"

I could see Johto starters being tucked away somewhere, though. They weren't made available at all in 5th gen, for some reason.

I just realized that since it's impossible to see if Charizard will be Mega on the team preview screen, when one sees Ninetails + Charizard on team preview they can't be sure if Charizard's going to be carrying its Mega Stone and be a second Drought user or if it will be holding Life Orb or, god forbid, Choice Specs, and be a Solar Powered monster. Charizard is much easier to bluff its Mega Evo in OU, (way easier than, say, Mawile will be able to,) but only if its used alongside Ninetails, (since Solar Power 'Zard depends on Ninetails for support, so no one would use it without Ninetails... theoretically.)

I'm not sure they've ever really stated this was supposed to be "the best"

I could see Johto starters being tucked away somewhere, though. They weren't made available at all in 5th gen, for some reason.
The DW abilities for the Johto starters are legal so I am pretty sure they were available at some point. If you mean not via events then the Sinnoh starters would like to have a word with you. I see both happening tbh.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
They weren't. The Johto starters have never been released with their DW abilities, along with the Unova starters, Larvesta line, Gothita, Litwick line, and God knows how many legendaries.

Which makes me wonder if they'll take that opportunity to retcon some of those abilities. SNOW WARNING ARTICUNO LFGI

Anyone wonder what Pokemon from gen 1 - 5 will be modified to get some of the new moves of gen 6?
Here's what I predict:
  • Exploud gets Boomburst
  • Clefairy, Clefable get Moonblast
  • Growlithe, Arcanine get Noble Roar
  • Smoochum, Jynx get Draining Kiss
  • Pachirisu and every other Pikachu knockoff get Nuzzle
  • Pichu gets Nuzzle
  • Spinda gets Topsy-Turvy
  • Machop line, Tyrogue line get Parting Shot
  • Hitmonchan (at least) gets Glow Punch
Sound accurate?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone wonder what Pokemon from gen 1 - 5 will be modified to get some of the new moves of gen 6?
Here's what I predict:
  • Pichu gets Nuzzle

I assume by these being separate that you are implying that only Pichu should get Nuzzle out of the entire line?

Here's what I predict:
  • Exploud gets Boomburst
  • Clefairy, Clefable get Moonblast
  • Growlithe, Arcanine get Noble Roar
  • Smoochum, Jynx get Draining Kiss
  • Pichu gets Nuzzle
  • Spinda gets Topsy-Turvy
  • Machop line, Tyrogue line get Parting Shot
  • Hitmonchan (at least) gets Glow Punch
Sound accurate?
These all make sense. I can also see Shinx and Electrike getting Nuzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)