1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I really hope with how absurdly larger 3DS games can be compared to DS that they blow the roof off traditional region sizes and just make this region enormous. I'm talking like Kanto + Johto + 1 or more.

After all, levels do go to 100 and normally the games end around 50-60 with the occasional E4 Round 2 and a handful of post game trainers pushing 70s and very few pushing 80s. I'd love to see it spread over a game big enough to the point that E4 Round 2 is 100s across the board and the post game trainers just have really strongly built teams.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also because this is Pokemon Smash. Restating information we already know is their thing like 95% of the time

Pretty sure that's all Serebii making assumptions sine we have no idea of the scale of the region or why the pokdex is split (which hasn't even been acknowledged by the sites and such as a big deal). It could be something as simple as "The professor is researching what Pokemon live where"
  3. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I like where this is going but you have to remember that boost in difficulty is usually something you only see from ROM hacks. They could have a secondary mini-story after a really challenging, lengthy region. There's so many ways this generation could go but I wouldn't expect to find anything higher than level 80.

I'd rather enter a conference after defeating a mini-region. Similar as to where you can face all the leaders/champions in BW, but after winning like 4 badges. This could occur after you beat the main story.

It's all hopes and dreams and I think with X and Y being 3D, their main focus will be centered around showcasing the new features and gameplay.
  4. b2j135

b2j135

In other news
    [​IMG]

but seriously...do you think we will be able to drive cars as well? Or is it just the Gogoats?
  5. Yveltal

Yveltal

While I don't know about driving a car, since this is Pokemon, not a driving game, and as such since we're learning about the ecology of the Pokmon world and not engineering, it is less necessary than character customization (This is probably going to become most fun during wifi battles, if we get to see how our opponent dresses up their character), I think the taxi cab that the girl walks past may have some use for showing you around the city, like in the last Mario Party game for the Wii where in the monopoly-like game table, there's a koopa or something that drives you halfway across town in a cab if you land on his space, or maybe the driver is informational and has a detailed map of the city. But I also get the feeling that he's gonna give you the same bullshit response about carrying a trainer that the flight attendants gave you in BW, where since you have Pokemon, you shouldn't have to worry about using civilized methods of transportation to get around.
    Paying fare? forget that, kid. Just ride on the back of one of your pets if you don't feel like walking!
    By this logic, it would surprise me to see a functioning cab business/airport if they don't allow trainers to ride, which makes up like 95% of the world population.
    However, I hope it won't JUST be Gogoats, I'm still wishing for the ability to ride a Rapidash, or a Stantler
    ...or an Electrode
  6. ThunderBar

ThunderBar

What do you guys thinks about Pancham new attack? I think a stat drop U-Turn is cool, personnaly.
  7. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison

It's basically Memento except better, IMO. I'm really hoping it gets some good users.
  8. SoulessSoldier

SoulessSoldier

It seems everyone is forgetting that France has its own set of mysterious stones known as the Carnac Stones
  9. Tytus

Tytus

Anyone else think riding Pokemon might just be Gogoat's gimmick? It might have an ability or attack like "Mountaineer" (stolen from Syclant) that has a field effect allowing you to ride him, possibly letting you get through otherwise impassible areas, sort of like Rock Climb.

He has a little saddle blanket in the overworld that's not in his battle model. Maybe that's a Key Item? Maybe you use that to ride certain mountable Pokemon.
  10. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison

Didn't corocoro say it could only be ridden in that one city? Or am I remembering wrong?
  11. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

I thought it just said that it could be ridden in that city. Some people suggested that this could mean it was be limited to certain places.
  12. Tytus

Tytus

It would be kind of weird if you could only ride a goat in the city :S If it's allowed there, you would think it would be allowed everywhere but in buildings. Or water lol.
  13. Yveltal

Yveltal

So Parting Shot looks more relatable to Baton Pass, since the user switches out and by the end of the attack, there's a Pokemon on the field that has stat changes.

I like the idea of having a key item that lets you use a Pokemon outside of battle instead of an HM. Wouldn't it be terrible to have Ride/Mountaineer taking up a move slot only to enrich the experience of moving around?
  14. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

So, JoshuaMunoz originally brought this up a couple days ago, but it seems like it got passed over for the most part. But I came across a fan-interpretation of the little guys and figured it's worth sharing.

[​IMG]

I may not be a fan of Gogoat, but that pre-evo is adorable!
  15. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

I'm pretty sure that Pancham, if it gets Prankster, will be the new Day 1 Whimsicott: On every team, its weakness is exploited, and then everyone uses the new Dragon type.
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

You can clearly see the male chara's rollerblades in that image with the Gokids (Gogoat, but in child/kid form. That's my name for them and I'm stickin' to it.) Skating as a means of transportation is definately confirmed now?
  17. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'd hope that was confirmed when we saw the protagonist skating in the original trailer
  18. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

In the Original Post - in the What We Know section - it says that there are Pokemon from Generation 1-5 that are going to get evolutions in Generation 6.

Is there any proof of that? I didn't hear any confirmation on it. Can anyone link it if there is such proof?

[EDIT] - how can i forget sylveon. -.-
  19. Naragume

Naragume

Well, we have Sylveon, I don't know about any other evolution though :)
  20. Lucario_Guy

Lucario_Guy

[​IMG] ---> [​IMG]

New evolutions to old 'mons in a new Gen are like Lay's. Can't have just one. At least that's what the OP assumes.
  21. Wishy

Wishy

The Kalos region looks so BIG. So many places to explore, and so many caves (and streams)... I wonder if those clouds are there for a particular reason (aka hiding something). Also I can't even make out an obvious way around, so hopefully the game isn't as linear as BW.

I like the idea of using that giant white city as a hub of sorts. New areas will open up later in the game, and you'll have to back-track sometimes, etc. Makes the region and traveling more dynamic. Also having plenty of optional areas is always something I enjoy.

I'm curious where that road/rail goes. It just kinda disappears underground... And how do you suppose we get to that giant castle on the hill? It's obviously connected to that area with the stairs via a cave, but how do you access that area? There is a hole in the center of it.

(Also I totally predicted Fairy type months ago)
  22. BlazeStar

BlazeStar

Here's a bit of information that's pretty big so I hope it's alright if I post it:

Apparently, the source who was giving WPM of Pokebeach the Information got caught by the TPCi. However, WPM Will be releasing the Remaining information from the source that's now lost. Here's the full story, scroll down if you must: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid=2435042#pid2435042

As for when Pokemon Smash airs:
    Pokémon Smash airs in Japan from 7:30 am to 8:30 am (one hour) on Sunday (Japan's time zone is about half of a day ahead of the United States' time zones, so it would be Saturday afternoon in the US while it's Sunday morning in Japan.)

According to all of this, WPM will be releasing information Very Soon.
  23. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

I don't think there was much information left. The person who was leaking it only gave it to two people (WPM and a another friend). After this happened, the other friend came out and released a few other tidbits of information, but admitted that this was all he had left:
    • There will be a BP 60 Fairy move that restores 100% of the damage it deals as HP to the user (he thinks it was called Draining Kiss)
    • There will also be a Poison-type move that requires the user to consume a berry. The guy took this to mean that berries must be more readily renewable, but I doubt that (Natural Gift does the same thing, even when they weren't)
    • He knew a bit about Pancham's evolution, but not much. All I remember him saying was it had a crotch-tuft too
    • You get a free Kanto starter from another professor. If I remember he said this happens within the main game
    • Gogoat is the only rideable Pokemon
    At this point, this situation is pretty much fact. It seems that Fairy-type is real, with those resistances and immunities. I suppose now's a time to discuss these new elements?
  24. Dreamox

Dreamox

Does anybody know how many hours till smash from now? And when WPM is releasing the rest of his info?
  25. jynx

jynx

Masuda tweeted.
    Going to be on Pokemon Smash, 19th May!
    Everyone please see/ watch!
    [link] for those on youtube.

-----------------

I hope he doesn't troll us by only showing what's on CoroCoro =__=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)