1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PME

PME

Just look at The Power of One
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes let's discuss an unfounded screen shot

No wait let's not do that
    Karxrida, Cobraroll, Spenstar and 3 others like this.
  3. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Not true ... Keldeo or Rotom Water or Magikarp or Tympole-line can't learn Ice Beam
  4. CabooseFTW

CabooseFTW

Sorry to bring up something from a different page, but there was some confusion about this. Jynx has the Dry Skin ability, making it immune to water moves.
  5. Punchshroom

Punchshroom para is worse than sleep
    is a Pre-Contributor

So far new good type-combos include Dark + Fairy as well as Fairy + Ground, while Dark + Fighting pretty much got shafted due to Fairy.

The balance of the Dragon-type pretty much made it reminiscent to Electric now: strikes a limited number of types SE (there's a shit ton of Waters and Flyings though) and has a type that has a total advantage against it.
  6. TheMantyke

TheMantyke ᴵ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᶜᶫᵒᵇᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ᴷᶦʳᵇʸ
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

[​IMG]
  7. DineshThePoet

DineshThePoet

Talking about MEvos, if MGarchomp loses speed, it'll probably not be overused, as it also has to give up an item slot.
  8. Green

Green

Anyone know how they are going to handle DW distribution in gen 6, or has that not been discussed yet?
    Hulavuta likes this.
  9. AstralFire

AstralFire

Not been discussed yet. I would be very surprised if the Dream World itself came back in any form, I get the impression it turned into a bit of a debacle all around. (A browser mini-game page you can only use for one hour a day? BRILLIANT.) I'd expect more stuff like the Hidden Hollows, NPC Trainers, and Mystery Gift Events. Hopefully a better system for breeding abilities into children is added for male-only species.
    Akiratron likes this.
  10. Akiratron

Akiratron

Maybe even another app like dream radar. I can see why they are closing it down.
  11. Azure Demon

Azure Demon

I think honestly dream world abilities were cool, but some were just over the top and as a whole i prefer they just didn't return. They could bring something useful back like auto leveling or the old explosion mechanics goddamn it!
  12. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

I could see pokemon Amie factoring into breeding and affecting what abilities you get.
  13. AstralFire

AstralFire

Dream World *abilities* are going to return, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Core battle mechanic features have not been removed ever since Generation III began. I'm saying, don't expect the Dream World itself to return.
    Karxrida likes this.
  14. Azure Demon

Azure Demon

I know. That the abilities will come back people would be pissed and bitching for months if they weren't, but as you said I hope that shit doesn't return.lol
  15. Tytus

Tytus

Yes, how dare you post an undetailed set without EVs, Nature, and the as far as we know non-existent dragon fang move for the Pokemon we know nothing about except that it gets Crunch and Head Smash.
  16. Ratatat

Ratatat

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/pokemon_x_mon_cries

So, down on the cutting room floor, seems like Matsuda wanted to include an item that would translate Pokemon cries in X/Y, but put the brakes on it when he realized they'd have to write out unique text for 650+ 'mons.

Totally might be old news by now, but I don't remember seeing it in this thread. If it was posted, you're allowed to thrash me.
  17. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Great Sage x Cathy is my OTP
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

If the base form is in one tier, the Mega form can't be in a lower tier, since Mega Evolution is an in-battle event. We don't tier Castform's forms, Darm-Z, and Meloetta-P differently...
  18. Karxrida

Karxrida

Pretty sure that Darm-Z actually is in a different tier. If I remember correctly, it actually has its own tier that is basically known as the "oh god this is so useless why would you even consider having this on your team" tier.
    BeastMode2010 likes this.
  19. P2X7

P2X7

Actually, I believe that Darmanitan-Z is in the "Limbo" tier because it can not exist unless Darmanitan's ability activates.
    Karxrida, youngjake93 and S0L1D G0LD like this.
  20. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Well the situation is mix between the Melotta forms (happens in battle) and Soul Dew Lat@s (item activated). I agree that a Mevo shouldn't be allowed in a tier lower than it's base form, however if the mevo is broken then it should be an item ban.
    Godsend and S0L1D G0LD like this.
  21. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Seeing as Pikachu's cry has changed to it actually saying its name, I wonder if some day the rest of the Pokémon will follow. Probably not this generation, but I'd wager we'll see more "spoken cries" in a few games (starting with 'mons such as the starters, old favourites like Jigglypuff and the like) and some generic squeaks, ka-caws, growls and roars for many other Pokémon. Alternative Pokémon sounds would probably co-exist with the current cries for a while, before all old cries are eventually replaced with more realistic sounds. Though, this could take a decade or so, and even then it could be tested in spin-offs before making it to the "official" series.
    S0L1D G0LD likes this.
  22. Manaphy

Manaphy

Is it confirmed that Pikachu's the only cry to change?

I don't know about you guys but I always loved how the series kept the cries from older technology.
    Karxrida likes this.
  23. AstralFire

AstralFire

I actually like a lot of the things the anime did (concept-wise, not necessarily execution), but "spoken cries" isn't among them. It's cute for a few species and explains some of the ones which keep their names in all languages, but if every single one does it, it's kind of annoying. I do hope they continue to refine the sounds of the older cries so they sound more natural, though.

And yes, Pikachu's is unique. And likely will remain that way, since Pikachu's the series mascot and has the same name in all languages. I'd only want Pichu and Raichu to follow suit.
    Karxrida likes this.
  24. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

Pikachu's seems to be the only one where he says his name, but if you listen closely you can hear that Mewtwo's has been altered as well.
  25. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

PRetty much all of the old gen 1/2 cries have been altered, Pikachu is just unique in that it has anime voice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)