Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahead of the opening of the new Pokémon Global Link with the launch of Pokémon X & Y, they have announced a new feature of it. In Pokémon X & Y, you can earn Poké Miles within certain parts, currently unknown. PokéMiles are used in the PokéMileage Club in the PGL in order to pay to play attractions and receive items from the shop, which can then be sent back to X & Y. However, there is another way to earn them. It has been announced that your Dream Points will be converted to PokéMiles. These points are then sent to your new account if you register before January 14th 2014. If you register both games, then you will receive the points in each game so if you qualify for 500 PokéMiles, you'll get them in X and then get the same amount in Y.
-Serebii

The addition of "PokeMiles" confirms some kind of online interaction for X and Y, but whether or not it pertains to Pokemon (and more importantly, Dream World abilities) remains unknown.

Sounds a bit like pokewalker 2.0, 3ds's do have the pedometer built in. "Another way" to earn them is from 5th gen dream world points, so the first way to earn them could be from the pedometer.

The online parts should be more accessible this gen too, because the ds lite/fat could be difficult to connect to wifi.

SEREBII
Pokémon X & Y - Bonuses

Ahead of the opening of the new Pokémon Global Link with the launch of Pokémon X & Y, they have announced a new feature of it. In Pokémon X & Y, you can earn Poké Miles within certain parts, currently unknown. PokéMiles are used in the PokéMileage Club in the PGL in order to pay to play attractions and receive items from the shop, which can then be sent back to X & Y. However, there is another way to earn them. It has been announced that your Dream Points will be converted to PokéMiles. These points are then sent to your new account if you register before January 14th 2014. If you register both games, then you will receive the points in each game so if you qualify for 500 PokéMiles, you'll get them in X and then get the same amount in Y. The conversion is as follows:
10,000–49,999 Dream Points = 500 PokéMiles
50,000–99,999 Dream Points = 3,000 PokéMiles
100,000–199,999 Dream Points = 10,000 PokéMiles
200,000 + Dream Points = 25,000 Poké Miles
The conversion is calculated by adding the Dream Points from all the games on your account. So if you have Black, White, Black 2 & White 2, they are all factored into the calculation. They also announced special Medals that are unlocked in the Pokémon Global Link if you also had Generation V games.
A Medal for Dream Points: 50,000, 100,000 or 200,000
A Medal for amount of purchased homes: 1, 4 or 8
A Medal for purchased items: 1, 25 or 50 items purchased
A Medal for purchased Pokémon Dolls: 1, 50 or 100 dolls purchased
A Medal for ranking in the top 100 in any GBU Season (except Season 10)
A Medal based on how many times you have ranked highly in WiFi Competitions
Reminder: The Gen V Global Link will close next week, with features closing graudally between then and January. As such, you'll be no longer able to put Pokémon to sleep so make sure you've got as much as you want from the Dream World

Heads up about some DW stuff.

celebi (sometimes), rotom-c and exeggutor use leaf storm

i dont think anything really uses overheat though. besides as a last move on certain choice specs fire-type just for a little extra damage
Chandelure definitely does sometimes for the extra KO power, Charizard Overheat is preferable sometimes to give the ability to KO some weakened bulky waters, Rotom-H for obvious reasons, mixed Infernape will use it since it'll simply switch to physical after the power drop it depends on the situation and needs obviously. Also to add to the list of grasses who'd use Leaf Storm there is also Roserade and Tangrowth.

However, for the sake of diversity in design, I'd still like to see less traditional "fairies" gain the type. A goblin, chupacabra, or bigfoot would be more likely to get the Dark- or Ghost-type, sure.
We already do have one based off the Hopkinsville Goblin.

Last edited:
Pokémon Official Facebook Page said:
Heads up, Trainers! A new evolved Pokémon will be revealed exclusively on our Facebook page on Wednesday, September 25! Can you guess which Pokémon we'll be showing next?

Edit:
-ed.

Last edited:
I think it's either an evolution of Helioptile or Flabebe. I would love to see the evolution of Skrelp, but that would probably released together with Clauncher's evo, so that's not likely. I'm hoping for the Helioptile evo, would love to see what kind of direction GF takes with him.

The fact that is says "new evolved" makes me think that it'll be a past generation pokemon; Helioptile is really the only other option and I guess maybe Flabébé of the new pokemon revealed so far.

Otherwise, they could have just said "new pokemon will be revealed."

Edit: Read Cobraroll's post right after mine. It's the same content, just more in depth and better.

Since the page says "A" new evolved Pokemon, I believe it limits the possibilities to only Pokemon that aren't in pairs and that seem to not be at the end of their evolution line. This likely limits the possibilities to:

Helpiotile
Noivern (Though it does give off a "fully evolved feel")
Flabebe
Honedge
Bunnelby
Dedenne (Though traditionally, Pikaclones do not evolve)
Furfrou (Another Pokemon that seems fully evolved)
Meowstic (Again, seems sort of fully evolved)

and if you want to be more scrutinous that limits the list to:

Helioptile
Flabebe
Honedge
Bunnelby

This could also be a new non-mega evolution for an existing Pokemon. The possibilities here are endless and any number of rumors could make a case here (but lets not fill a page about something like a farfetch'd evo or a dragon eeveelution with no other evidence to support it).

Of course, this is Gamefreak, so there's an extremely high chance this is all incorrect and they throw another curve ball at us.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"A new evolved Pokémon" suggests they won't reveal an evolution of a "paired" Pokémon (such as version-exclusives or other 'mons that can be compared to each other and were revealed at the same time).

I guess we can then rule out:
- The starters
- Skrelp/Clauncher
- Spritzee/Swirlix

Likewise, they have shown us a few two-member evolution families already, which I think we can count as concluded. This includes:
- Skiddo, Gogoat
- Tyrunt, Tyrantrum
- Amaura, Aurorus
- Inkay, Malamar
- Pancham, Pangoro
- Litleo, Pyroar

I also don't think they will reveal evolutions of un-revealed Pokémon (though, Gogoat [and according to rumours, Meowstic] sets some presedence for this - although neither were announced as evolutions to begin with). Assuming that the maximum amount of members in an evolution family remains at three, this will also rule out Vivillon and its pre-evos.

There are also a couple Pokémon that are likely to stay single-stage. I think Dedenne and the legendaries are the only sure members of this list, but I'm inclined to add Furfrou, Flabébé and Honedge as well. Put Sylveon in this category too, just to have every officially revealed Pokémon covered.

So, what are the remaining candidates? I'd say these:
- Helioptile
- Bunnelby
- Fletchling (middle-evolution before Talonflame)

I'm really unsure about Noivern, and where to put that one in an evolution family. It could be single-stage, it could be the final stage in a two- or three-member family, it could be in the middle. Either way, I suspect that IF it turns out to have evolutionary relatives, one will certainly be below it.

There is also the possibilities of branched evolution, or even cross-generational evolutions (though as I've explained in some earlier post, that hope is kind of futile).

I know this post is largely the same as TheMantyke's, his was posted when I was halfway finished writing this.

Kinda hope it was just worded bad and we see one of duo exclusives get an evo reveal like Skrelp/Clauncher or Spritzee/Swirlix.

I would hope they don't count a baby form of a previous Pokemon as a new evolution.

For the past 2 weeks we've received leaks on Wednesdays from different international news sources, about 1-2 pokemon each week. I think that's a trend that will continue up until launch 9/25, 10/2 and 10/9. They've kept a tight lid on things and we've seen lots of different sources, I like how they're doing this. Hoping for a Skrelp or Helioptile evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)