Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting evolution of Flabebe, or middle evolution between Fletchling and Talonflame. Dedenne I put at an outside chance - traditionally, pikaclones have not evolved, but they may have chosen something with a strong resemblance to the very underused Raichu for the purpose of getting something like Raichu seen and visible again.

It would be kind of weird to reveal Fletchling's middle evolution if we already know the final one. If Talonflame is the middle evo, then that makes it more likely but idk.

I hope it's a Dragon Eevee. I know they usually reveal them in pairs so it should've been revealed with Sylveon. But it's not like they revealed Mewtwo's mega evolutions together. Regardless, here's to hoping it's not just another mega evolution. I don't think it will be though by the way it's worded.

Honestly, I think that the "new evolution" will be Helioptile's because think about it:

As others have said, specifically that post by Cobraroll, the most logical choices are Fletchling, Bunnelby, or Helioptile, but I believe we can narrow this down even further by taking into consideration the fact that all of the Pokemon revealed alongside Helioptile have had their evolutions revealed. This means that Helioptile is the obvious next in line to have a revealed evolution, made more likely when you consider: The fact that Dedenne and Bunnelby were revealed together, that Fletchling already had an evolution revealed, and that Bunnelby is (most likely) the early game rodent, making it of (somewhat) less importance compared to the other Pokemon revealed. In addition, Helioptile was one of the first new Pokemon to be revealed, so keeping its evolution secret for so long just doesn't make sense.

However, this is the company who showed Oorotto in a movie trailer and gameplay footage but still refuses to acknowledge its existence, so it's hard to guess what they may do next; Who knows, they may even reveal some surprising thing that none of us saw coming.

Sorry if this is old news.

From a Nintendo Life Insider interview with JM:

NL: Are there any battle or stat benefits to regularly using Pokémon Amie mode?

Junichi Masuda: Yes, by doing this you build a more personal relationship with your Pokémon, and it has some gameplay benefits. The better friends you become, the more your Pokémon might start dodging moves in battle, or landing more critical hits.
Holy shit. Did he really just say that happiness will be linked to evasion and crit-ratio?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Holy shit. Did he really just say that happiness will be linked to evasion and crit-ratio?
This was actually one of the very first things revealed alongside Pokémon Amie a few months ago. It caused quit a bit of an uproar then. It definitely does provide bonuses to evasion/crit, which seems an odd choice... but there it is. I don't think it is happiness, per say, but rather some sort of "Amie meter" thing.

"3. There is an adjustment to the inheritence system of breeding."
This will be interesting, as with previous games GF have introduced mechanics to make things easier to pass on certain IV's.
With an adjustment maybe something like Pokemon who you have bonded with fully on Amie will pass on more 31 IV's than a pokemon you have not bonded with?

On a side note, someone pass my Arceus a fairy plate.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Exp share now benefits all in the party!

Could be annoying, sometimes I just want o level one thing up to bring it o par with everything else. At least it'll be better than the gen 1 exp all....*shudder*

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this is old news.

From a Nintendo Life Insider interview with JM:

This was actually one of the very first things revealed alongside Pokémon Amie a few months ago. It caused quit a bit of an uproar then. It definitely does provide bonuses to evasion/crit, which seems an odd choice... but there it is. I don't think it is happiness, per say, but rather some sort of "Amie meter" thing.
Is there any evidence for/against the idea that the amie boosts only affect in game play? Gym badges boost stats (or at least they did), but they don't affect battles against other players.

Is there any evidence for/against the idea that the amie boosts only affect in game play? Gym badges boost stats (or at least they did), but they don't affect battles against other players.
Why didn't they, anyway? If you have all 8 badges, all your ATK, DEF, SpA, SpD, and Speed got a boost, but your opponent got the exact same boost so it would have been moot either way.

So... what do you think about the whole megaevo=legendary thing?

do they mean legendary as in terrakion legendary or as in palkia legendary? case the first is manageable but if it's the second the it's basically every team gets one free über which is really really not okay, seriously don't even argue that they'll balance each other out, darkrai and skymin never did nor any other übers for that matter

megastones banned in item clause seem likely to me :/

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
From said Bulbagarden post.

I figure that there should be a general thread for mechanic changes that don't necessarily relate to new features. The following are points confirmed by Game Freak in a Japanese interview. The translation is courtesy of @クリスタル:

1. Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught. (This was stated in another interview.)
2. Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability (as previously confirmed). Some moves can't be used.
3. There is an adjustment to the inheritence system of breeding.
4. Ghost-type Pokemon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag. (The official website mentioned trapping moves.)
5. The item Exp.Share will revert to Exp.All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
6. When distributing new moves and abilities, priority was given to new Pokémon.
7. The CGI style is different from that of Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, because those games were supposed to emulate "realism within fantasy". Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made "cuter".
8. The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
9. The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
10. The timing to Mega-Evolve is selectable.

Personally, points 6 and 8 worry me. I fear that quite a few old Pokémon that need a boost will receive neither a Mega Evolution nor new moves (I didn't expect abilities) due to Game Freak's bias. I'm surprised that they didn't mention special moves like Freeze Dry, which should be accessible to all generations.
We should discuss the last three, if they are in fact true. Points 9 and 10 are probably the most important when it comes to competitive play, since 9 means we probably get Megas with a BST of at least 600 and Point 10 means that when can Mega whenever we want, assuming it means that you can Mega from turn one if you want.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Rapti

From said Bulbagarden post.

We should discuss the last three, if they are in fact true. Points 9 and 10 are probably the most important when it comes to competitive play, since 9 means we probably get Megas with a BST of at least 600 and Point 10 means that when can Mega whenever we want, assuming it means that you can Mega from turn one if you want.
Point 10 was what we all expected. Based on the japanese demo, It was pretty clear that mega evolution timing was selectable. The timing aspect was what made mega-evolution a unique mechanic.

Could be annoying, sometimes I just want o level one thing up to bring it o par with everything else. At least it'll be better than the gen 1 exp all....*shudder*
Yeah I'm not too fond of this exp all. Speaking in terms of in-game play, it sounds like it'll be overkill if that's available pre-E4 (even when facing godly hack-evolved pokemon).

One thing I like about it is the ease of EV training, provided EV's are shared like with the EXP share.

Yeah I'm not too fond of this exp all. Speaking in terms of in-game play, it sounds like it'll be overkill if that's available pre-E4 (even when facing godly hack-evolved pokemon).

One thing I like about it is the ease of EV training, provided EV's are shared like with the EXP share.
I'm starting to get the feeling that battles will no longer give EVs anymore, only super training will.

Last edited:

Noooooooo!!

Personally, I'd rather be given access to multiple Exp. Shares than a single Exp. All; I remember depositing my Exp. All in the PC because it became arduous to go through all that text every single time I battled.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If Game Freak is giving stat boosts to ONLY the stats mentioned on the official website and not just a minor boost all around with the mentioned stat being the highest, AND the BSTs will be at least comparable to Legendary mons (600 at least), Charizard is getting a boost to Special Attack by 66 points, which will give it a special attack of 175. Oh crap...

People are missing a bigger picture. If Exp Share is gone, and replaced by what at least in gen 1 was a key item. It heavily points us to the idea that we won't be able to send held items over on our pokemon...again. I don't know about you guys but if that is the case, I will be annoyed. Very annoyed.

People are missing a bigger picture. If Exp Share is gone, and replaced by what at least in gen 1 was a key item. It heavily points us to the idea that we won't be able to send held items over on our pokemon...again. I don't know about you guys but if that is the case, I will be annoyed. Very annoyed.
.....damnit

However see it as a quest to regain the items via the story mode.
With the increase of event pokemon, they will hold special items making a double win.

There is always the battle tower.

Bulbapedia says "...one Pokemon holding this item..." Why would it be a key item?

Wont EXP All be much better nowadays because of the exp system? So your low level members will benefit a lot more than your top ones. So your top mon will be getting, like, 100 exp while your weaklings will be getting 600. It's essentially icing for your strong mons and not enough to throw levels off balance.

Either way, though, it wont affect me since I never used the share items during gameplay. I only used it post-game to ascertain the IVs of new babies by battling level 60 Audino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)