Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully they ask questions that need answers so we can have closure

like Sylveon's type, Xerneas's type, Yveltal's type, final evolutions, riding Pokemon...the list goes on to infinity. Any closure would be good.
Question for GameFreak: Truth or Dare?

Truth: tell us the entire Kalos Pokedex.

Dare: I dare you to tell us the entire Kalos Pokedex.

I should be in the press, clearly.

just gonna leave this here

What do you guys think?

Edit: and HOLY SHIT POKEMON AT E3?!?!?
I said "holy shit" aloud as well. Earlier this year the thought crossed my mind that they might have some tidbits at E3 this year with it being an international release, but I still wasn't expecting it to actually happen.

Also +1 for Tim and Eric.

Have any Pokemon/Nintendo fan bloggers reported that they will be attending E3 with the intent of going to the Pokemon panel? I'd only care if I knew someone who really cared about getting specific information was going to make an honest attempt at getting answers.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I was very disappointed that the new XY video in the eshop (that is, "new to the eshop") wasn't in 3D. I'm watching it on my 3DS. Show us the 3D.

It's pretty surprising that GameFreak decided to actually have something dedicated to main series Pokemon games during this year's E3, but then again maybe it's only because the English versions are being released on the same month as Japan. Either way, it's going to be interesting.

Given that E3 is about showing off new features and the like in upcoming games, I don't think it is much of a stretch to think that we will be getting some new information. It also helps that June 11 is so close to the 15th, when Coro Coro releases and the English website updates, so they could very well be planning to share stuff that they were going to reveal very soon anyway (or vice versa; maybe Coro Coro and the website are being planned to update with E3's information).

Even if they give us new information that isn't about a hypothetical new type, we could very well be getting some information about what makes these games different in a mechanical sense. I have to wonder if they'll choose this presentation as the right time to elaborate on this very interesting quote from Masuda regarding the games from his blog:

"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful
when the bonds you share grow stronger."

People better ask good questions. If I hear something like "what's your favorite pokemon?'' or ''do you liek pikachu?!?!!11?'' imma be pissed. This is our chance for lots of info on X and Y and some other good questions we've been wondering about the series.

As with any Q&A though, they'll give roundabout answers to any questions that would release info they didn't intend to release. That's how these things work. Don't expect much.

I remember the DP demos that they had in Gamestop when it was the hot topic, they only let you use and fight against very particular Pokemon. The demo at E3 is likely to only allow you to use/see any of the Pokemon that had been revealed by that point, so maybe we'll see what else Helioptile and Gogoat are likely to learn :D

As with any Q&A though, they'll give roundabout answers to any questions that would release info they didn't intend to release. That's how these things work. Don't expect much.
still, maybe we can get something.

And call me a noob, but i have no idea what the E3 is. -_-"
or maybe i'm not familiar with the abbreviation (acronym?), if it is one.

Edit: oh thanks, Shiruba

e3 is basically a gaming convention in which various companies (microsoft, nintendo, sony, ea, for example) all get together to show off their new releases, like games and consoles, and some (chosen?) people are allowed to go and check the games and such out - often people working for sites like ign will go and do interviews and reports for their sites to let anyone interested know about updates. it's a huge opportunity to advertise and it would not be an exaggeration to say that the success of a console or game can depend on how it performs at e3.

People better ask good questions. If I hear something like "what's your favorite pokemon?'' or ''do you liek pikachu?!?!!11?'' imma be pissed. This is our chance for lots of info on X and Y and some other good questions we've been wondering about the series.
Everybody like pikachu. If anything hype is shown at E3 I suspect that we will be shown the UI. None of the pre-release pictures have shown any UI things.

I would have to go back to see if this is a common thing though.

I remember the DP demos that they had in Gamestop when it was the hot topic, they only let you use and fight against very particular Pokemon. The demo at E3 is likely to only allow you to use/see any of the Pokemon that had been revealed by that point, so maybe we'll see what else Helioptile and Gogoat are likely to learn :D
Or what type Sylveon is.:nerd:

"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful
when the bonds you share grow stronger."
I've always thought levels being the only gauge at 'stat increase' as a bit lame.
It makes sense, as a way to evolve the series, to introduce a bond mechanic
that abstracts how well you 'connect' with your 'mon and it to you.

It makes sense, as a way to evolve the series, to introduce a bond mechanic
that abstracts how well you 'connect' with your 'mon and it to you.
Doesn't happiness already exist. Unless they expand this system I can't imagine any new system.

What are the possibilities of a new stat or the ability to train hidden stats(i.e evasion & accuracy)

Just a couple of thoughts about the supposed leaks: (although I may be a little late to the party, since everyone is talking about E3 now)

• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
While a dual requirement of level up at x level and level up with a Dark-type seems unusual, Gamefreak did introduce Mantyke in Gen IV, which needed to level up with Remoraid in your party, so it's not technically THAT far off. Also, needing a Dark-type and a specific level could mean that the evolution method could be based on a youth growing up with a bad influence and becoming a delinquent / criminal.

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
Just speculation here, but it could be possible for Inkay and Malimar to be based on lemurs/aye-ayes. Name wise, Inkay could be Ink/Inky + Aye-Aye, and Malimar could be
Malicious + Lemur. Also, aye-ayes are nocturnal, and, (back me up, Wikipedia), in Madagascar, Aye-Ayes were thought of as harbingers of evil and death, which could explain the Dark-typing.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Doesn't happiness already exist. Unless they expand this system I can't imagine any new system.

What are the possibilities of a new stat or the ability to train hidden stats(i.e evasion & accuracy)
Loyalty, maybe?

Such as Gardevoir could have a high base stat of loyalty?

Higher loyalty shifts the random number (85%~100%) in the damage formula towards the 100% side?

I also wonder why only the moves determine the accuracy.
As in, why can't a Pokemon increase accuracy through training?

Or maybe, if your POkemon likes you enough, in the likelihood of the opponent uses Double Team,
the trainer could tell the Pokemon which image is the real one.
(A bit like Iris in the anime)

So...Smash is up in 7 hrs right? Think we'll get something or will it be the same sylveon madness from last week? With the game looking so real i find it odd that the gym leaders r in their gyms 24/7. It would be fun if there was an alt gym leader for certain time periods like at nighttime. That or closing the gyms at night...which would not be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)