1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonx

jonx i HATE gardevoir!!!!!

The drawing isn't very good in the first place.
    The line art needs way more furnishing than that.
  2. Yveltal

Yveltal

I...is this for real?
    If the answer is yes, then i...is this the new Pikaclone?

My kid brother is peeking over my shoulder, he'd be excited to finally have a tiger Pokemon.

EDIT because ninja'd-gonna go cry nao.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I think when you reply to something almost 3 hours later it's less "ninja'd"...
  4. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Raikou is a sad tiger now.
  5. PME

PME

I think you mean:
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

The drawing is very good, but it's just not Masuda's Sugimori's style, and THAT'S what gives it away.

Edit: Thanks R_N
  6. R_N

R_N

Sugimori, not Masuda
  7. Quickster

Quickster

Sugimori does the art, not Masuda.
    edit: ninja'd
  8. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Pokemon Smash is on now. You can watch it here if you're bored and hopeful enough for new info.

Just brace for disappointment and suppository commercials.
  9. R_N

R_N

don't complain if we get nothing new please
  10. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Smash revealed nothing new, only talked about Helioptile, Parabolic Charge and the Mewtwo event. Even that Sylveon sketch only had Shokotan singing "NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NINFIA" in a really creepy way.

Next XY segment will be about Pancham and Parting Remark.
  11. The King of Harts

The King of Harts

Sylveon is the type that says NIN!
  12. laptopispy

laptopispy

So they're going to go over each of the four in corocoro and their moves individually.

Huh. Suppose we should have expected that.
  13. R_N

R_N

I was!
    I was even saying to expect exactly this!
  14. Count Bleck

Count Bleck

You know what? Props to Smash for thar Huge cocktease during the Sylveon short. My heart saw it and soared, and then divebombed to the center of Mt. Helens. Also, we saw Crawdaunt. Yeeaaah....

Also, besides the tease with Sylveon, the butterfly icon and all those flowers COULD be argued to have relation to Fairies, I'd also want to point out we still have far too little to tell.

At this point, if its not a new type, I'll be pissed.
  15. R_N

R_N

I won't lie I kind of want it to not be a new type (Flying maybe, but Normal would be even better) just to see the internet explode and also to see hiro's (& the site he sold the info to) reaction
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

Bleh, so we're likely to get at least 3 months worth of smash episodes where their XY segment is about a new Pokemon, excluding the starters, Sylveon and the presently known legendaries. Those will be cute. The content of the remaining 6-8 episodes until X and Y's release to make up the rest of the time is anyone's guess, though they're likely going to be about certain landmarks and in-game battle snippets. It's a shame that Smash isn't too keen on being the first news source to leak something, otherwise it'd feel worth complaining about like with CoroCoro during the months that we get nothing.
  17. R_N

R_N

It'd be nice if in their Fletchling segment they decide to show off capturing. We did get a few screens of that so why not some footage of it in motion, you know?

The small things~
  18. BlazeStar

BlazeStar

Pokemon X and Y may be available on the Wii U as well:

"The upcoming Nintendo 3DS video games, “Pokemon X” and “Pokemon Y,” could also be released for the Nintendo Wii U console. According to a report by Gameranx on May 23, the Australian Classification Office listed both titles as multiplatform when they posted their rating summary. Since Nintendo owns the “Pokemon” intellectual property, they could potentially port their products to other systems like the Nintendo Wii U"- http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-could-be-coming-to-the-nintendo-wii-u
  19. R_N

R_N

The "multiplatform" thing is dumb and shows no one bothered looking at anything else on that site.
    Bar minimum, the other Pokemon games have that listing, but other such "multiplatform" listings include:
    -Super Mario 3D Land
    -Nintendoland
    -New Super Mario Bros 2
    -New Super Mario Bros U (note that NSMB, NSMBW aren't)

Other dumb things:
    -Paper Mario Sticker Star is labelled as a "DVD"
    -Kirby's Pinball Land (a Gameboy game) is listed as "3DS"
    -Kirby's Dream Course is labeled as "CD-Rom"
  20. jonx

jonx i HATE gardevoir!!!!!

Well well... I guess everyone has a different definition towards "very good".
    But the main point is that the line art needs furbishing-- this is not a proper finish. (for published material)

Anyway, I think you mean Sugimori, not Masuda.

PS: Just how on Earth can people think this is real, whilst fairy type being "fake"?
  21. Dzi

Dzi

[​IMG]

SRSLY.

[​IMG]

Flame Charge bro. gg
  22. Pikachuun

Pikachuun In this bag are the things I borrowed
    is a Pre-Contributor

No Wai! Newsception :O
  23. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I don't think anyone thought it was real. At least here anyway.

Though I think fairy type is fake as hell as well.
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Well, Kirby Pinball can be downloaded through the 3DS e-shop, and the Dream course music is available on a cd, but the rest of that's probably based on some outdated hardware, and the people designated to classify the games may have made a large oversight that nobody cares to correct? I saw the listings as well, so the writer for examiner is a bad journalist. We should stick to Serebii, Pokebeach, Bulbanews, filb.de, and the occasional Pokejungle article.
  25. clapyourhands

clapyourhands

Anyone notice the little three parallel lines running near the center of the Kalos map? I don't have a photo of it at the moment, but if you can find them (they're near the pink and yellow flower beds on the left side), don't they remind you of the Berry Master's garden in RSE? I'm not saying he's back or anything, but could this point towards being able to plany berries in the game again, and not in the Dream World?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)