1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaoswalker

Chaoswalker

On Team preview leaving:
    It's the difference between: "What is the best course of action based on what they have?"
    and :"How do I coax out all of their pokemon so I can find out what is the best course of action based on what they have?"
  2. Shiruba

Shiruba

yes plz
    i will name mine zoidberg.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

So like
    this has always bugged me when the Team Preview snafoo happened

I distinctly remember seeing both teams in Diamond & Pearl online battles
    it was never new...
  4. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

All my happiness is now crushed.
  5. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Nah, probably still is in. Remember, infrared had no Team Preview this gen. Its probably the same. No TP for some modes, but the mode competitive emulates (wi-fi battles) will still have it.
  6. M. Rock

M. Rock

Finally. It's a minute detail that I've wanted for a while, especially since I really dislike the Sinnoh and Unova trainer battle themes (and it really grinds on me since I play subway/tower and wi-fi a lot).
  7. WideSlash

WideSlash

Can someone please upload a video of a pistol shrimp moving from YouTube? My browser won't let me.
  8. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Exactly. One requires more thought and weight of risk vs. reward. The other is Gen 5 OU Flowchartmons.
  9. latias93

latias93

Can't ban strong bond guys, it's a game feature that will affect all in game battles. I guess you can pretend it doesn't exist on showdown though.
  10. b2j135

b2j135

[​IMG]

Maybe it's optional...like Wonder Launcher
    At least I can pick my tunes ;)
  11. Shiruba

Shiruba

good question! i can definitely see latios and latias being the king and queen of the tier, though. even with the advent of faeries [which both of them should actually be neutral to if pokebeach's info is correct due to the psychic resistance], the two will have great movepools + reliable recovery in recover which most pokes in that situation probably won't have [as roost wouldn't make sense]
  12. UltiMario

UltiMario

You have to use Pokemon-amie in order to actually activate these effects it appears though.

It'd just be a clause that no Pokemon can have their bonds strengthened via Pokemon-amie. It's as simple as that.
  13. Sciztar

Sciztar

Actually Dragon moves will be the most spammed seeing how only Skarmory is the only Pokemon that resists Dragon moves. So in fact Dragonite, Salamence, FLygon, can easily spam Outrage or Draco Meteor once Skarmory is gone. So I can see Skarmory being the OU in Sky BAttles
  14. latias93

latias93

Better hope that using them in battle doesn't raise this, while having them faint lowers it or something like that.
  15. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

Thank god, I really want Team Preview to stay. I don't really understand where all this Team Preview hate is coming from. More information =/= less strategy... Team Preview is an incredibly useful tool that helps us identify key opposing Pokemon and create win conditions (something a lot of people find hard to do).
  16. Shiruba

Shiruba

theoretically, yes, but we don't know what most of the new pokemon will look like, nor do we know which pokemon will be allowed in sky battles - so theorymonning can only get us to a certain point imo
  17. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

That is unless some flying types get retconned to have the fairy type. Which I'm pretty sure they'll do; the point of the fairy type is to weaken the dragon type so I think they're working towards avoiding that situation.
  18. UltiMario

UltiMario

It's not the same thing as happiness.

At least it appears this is something that's exclusive to the Pokemon-amie feature. I wouldn't imagine they'd introduce the whole minigame just for you to not have to use it to get any of the benefits from using it.
  19. latias93

latias93

Togekiss would be a possible flying/fairy, since it's in the egg group.
  20. The Diverman

The Diverman

New trailer
    [youtube]Tn2ZZb88gRw[/youtube]
  21. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle

If that were the case then people could just battle with it maxed out, like happiness.

But honestly it's WAY too early to be having this discussion, when nobody knows how this feature actually works or what it truly even does. Wait until you know its effects on battles and how to control it ingame.
  22. latias93

latias93

Still, someone might want to try it out or something and then they can't use that mon. It doesn't seem fair to ban it, especially if it has other perks (they mentioned easier ev/iv stuff, maybe this raises ivs or gives increased ev gains)
  23. Dr. Alex

Dr. Alex

New trailer is too damn short.
  24. Phadunk

Phadunk

Axew at level 8 in that screencap. Always a good sign.

These feelings... Pokemon is final stepping up big, catching up to the rest of the gaming world.

I need to build my team for the rest of my Pokemon life..hurry the hell up October.

Sky Battles is really really interesting.
  25. Sciztar

Sciztar

Its trailer, not a movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)