1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jynx

jynx

It's symbiotic with the flower, says the Japanese text.

(This is my #124 post, yay! )
  2. DFang

DFang

Looks like a lot of pokemon are starting with the normal type. This is kind of cool, but I still hope they get a different type upon evolving otherwise they're just being tagged with a fighting weakness and a rarely useful ghost immunity.
  3. Avatar Korra

So, what were the rumors which stated all the stuff about Fairy type, and it being super effective against dragon? I'm assuming that all the other information that guy said is gonna be true, so what else did he say?
  4. Cinccino

Cinccino

Bulbapedia

Furabebe is a pure Fairy-type Pokémon, and it is known as the Single Flower Pokémon (Japanese: いちりんポケモン). As soon as it is born, it finds a flower and stays with it all its life. Because of this, they are also seen with differently-colored flowers. It can learn Fairy Wind.

Woo I want one with a white flower if the flower actually appears in the 3D model. And it's only 0.1 m (4 inches) for Arceus' sake.
  5. Spork

Spork

PINK FLOWER FURABEBE

You're forgetting Normal STAB ;)

that's kinda awesome for a fire pokemon.
  6. Aasgier

Aasgier

We need more final evolutions of part-Normal types. We only had Psychic/Normal (Girafarig, Meloetta), Water/Normal (Bibarel) and Grass/Normal (Deerling and Sawsbuck) aside from Normal/Flying (oh, and Normal/Fighting (Meloetta-P)), which isn't nearly enough. Generation VI brings Normal/Fire, Normal/Fairy and Normal/Electric, and I actually hope they retain that typing till their final forms.

Just as long as they have some useful Normal STAB through level up to have no weird illegalities. And maybe Normal hits Fairy for SE damage?
  7. Zocario58

Zocario58

I think it is likely that steel will be super effective against fairy, as when they brought in dark, it created the fighting, psychic, dark type triangle. Many psychic types are still powerful, but have loads of checks and counters now (especially with pursuit). I think that is prolly what will happen with dragon, fairy, and steel. Though I do think it would be good if normal was SE against fairy. That would give many more normal types an actually viable role, as a great deal of them are outclassed by something with more useful STABs this gen.
  8. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

So... three more days until we get English names, given that pokemon.com updates on the day CoroCoro is released.

Either way, I think I like the new designs. There sure have been a lot of them coming these days. Furabebe is a nice concept indeed. Tiny and extremely light, just like the classic western fairy. Wonder if that weight includes the flower? For some reason I doubt it will evolve. The concept is too cutesy and marketable to be overshadowed by an evolution.
  9. b2j135

b2j135

10. Shiruba

Shiruba

lol at first i thought the flower was the body so i was like "how is that cute it's bloody hideous" because it looked so strange and oddly shaped

but with the 'symbiosis' thing i see it's just holding onto the flower and it looks pretty cute i agree

looks like a little pikmin

subtle marketing ploy, perhaps?
  11. Zocario58

Zocario58

I agree, fairies are a great addition to the game, and the designs are pretty cool.
    Also, what about talonflame? If he's got high speed, attack, and access to flare blitz, roost, u-turn, and regenerator in addition to brave bird we may have a new (and very powerful) sun abuser on our hands. Could be good or bad, depending on what else the gen brings. Personally, I hope talonflame gets all that.
  12. Shiruba

Shiruba

ARE YOU SERIOUS
    HOLY SHIT
    ;n;
    now i'll need to pick between manticoremon and talonflame as my fire type for the team because repeating types in a finalized balanced team bothers me
    #firstworldproblems

edit: but perhaps it could also be fire/dark?
  13. wiithepeople

wiithepeople

What we really need is Ghost/Normal. Immune to 3 types (including the "unresisted coverage" of Ghost+Fighting), resists Bug and Poison and only weak to Dark. Sounds like a defensive Pokemon to me.
  14. Shiruba

Shiruba

...kind of? 3 immunities and only two resistances is okay, but a little meh. still, one weakness, combined with all of those? and what if it had levitate or something omg
  15. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss formerly D Dog Master of war

Why do you guys think GF Would really stop RNG And GTS'ing Pokes?

I mean more people log on there Onilne service,more money for them.
  16. Shiruba

Shiruba

i wouldn't... think so? i mean, it at least allows competitive battlers to get their perfect pokemon, while at the same time making the game more magical for the others.

especially since they're being more upfront about ivs... perhaps they're even going to be changeable? i think that'd be great. finally, i can use the team i worked hard to raise in competitive battles!
    [they'd probably all be nu or something but do i care no not really]
  17. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss formerly D Dog Master of war

Let's just HOPE the GTS Is still there.
  18. wiithepeople

wiithepeople

Then it would be awesome in Sky Battles?
  19. NMx13

NMx13

The GTS will continue to exist. This was said in X/Y roundtable. Also they said we are able to transfer pokemons from old games to new game.

20. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

Symbiosis doesn't mean the blending of species, though. So it still makes sense for it to be pure Fairy-type and the flower to exist on its own.

That lion cub is totally a Clubber Club from Ni no Kuni, right down to its move "War Cry." Ridiculously cute, though. I hope it's the Shinx of this gen. Team building is going to be hell throughout this game: there are a lot of great designs here.

EDIT: Are we sure the lion is going to evolve into a manticore? That would be terrifying.
  21. DFang

DFang

Always greedy, but do you think we're done with new info this month? I'm happy with what we have, but I was hoping for the legendaries' types.
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

well, if hirobyte [the guy who leaked the faerie type months in advance, got lots of names right, etc] is correct, yveltal is dark/flying and xerneas is pure fairy.
  23. jynx

jynx

True, biologically speaking.
    Bulba even says something like it picks up a flower when it's young and can end up picking different colours.

Me too, I think it's a lot more than what we used to have.
  24. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

This is a fantastic idea! Each Pokemon is weak to another Pokemon's STAB (even though the one is 4x weak to Fairy), both types of each legendary are the counterparts of the other ( Dark and Psychic, Dragon and Fairy), and both legendaries are immune to one of the STABs of the other one. Not to mention, that both Pokemon look like they could have this typing and this typing is very fitting for legandaries as well.
  25. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

With this new fairy type, I'm not sure if this will affect hidden power types and/or whether we can migrate pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6 though I haven't read up on this much further lately if I'm missing something here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)