1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiruba

Shiruba

for hidden power we're not sure either because they haven't said anything but migration is currently impossible due to incompatibilities between ds and 3ds
    but they say they're working on it
  2. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

maybe they could make it so you transfer your gen 5 pokemon to the cloud or to a server or some shit that you can then access on X and Y, or send copies of the pokemon to the dreamworld website for download onto the game
  3. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Despite the fact that I've had my Swampert since day one of gen 3 (luv u bby), I personally wouldn't mind if they decided to cut off the new generation from the past ones. I started competitive Pokémon recently compared to some people (I just recently started trying to RNG), and if they did a cut off that would balance the playing field in some respects.

I know a lot of people would be pissed off, but I bet other people more inclined to in-game or people new to competitive battling might share my sentiments.
  4. Champion Steve

Champion Steve

Speaking of awesome defensive types, I'm really hoping the rumours of Ghost/Fairy Mismagius come true. If Fairy is in fact immune to Dragon then that's an awesome 4 immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon.
  5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf

Under other circumstances I would say yes, but we still don't have any information about Newtwo.

I also find it odd that Corocoro haven't shown all of the E3 Pokémon yet, even if they are on the Japanese site. If this are indeed the only scans, then hoo boy, we will have happy fun recapping time every month until the release, and it won't be just Smash.
    The former was started by Hirobyte who stated Sylveon and Xerneas were going to be Pure Fairy and Yveltal was going to be Dark/Flying. He also stated that Clefairy will be Fairy-type. He also also apparently implied that one of the Gen 4 Pokémon will get an evolution in a forum according to somebody on 4chan, but I don't know how accurate that is.

The latter part was stated by a person who had seen the beta that contacted to WPM(Pokébeach's owner). Here is the information:
    The last one were the name leaks of the previous Corocoro Pokémon, which turned out to be largely correct.

Both groups have stated that the other is full of crap, even though there is absolutely no contradiction between them nor they have the absolutely same information, except for Sylveon's type.
  6. jynx

jynx

I seriously hope Misdreavus/ Mismagius would be fairy.
    I mean, please be at least one of them.

Think about Eviolite Misdreavus ov0
  7. Cinccino

Cinccino

Anybody read the part that there's a Rhyhorn on your garden. I mean, YOU HAVE A PET RHYHORN.
  8. Shiruba

Shiruba

AND IT HAS A BEACH BALL
    this game just got 20% cooler i think
  9. jynx

jynx

It does seem like Pokemon had become more pet-like since Gen 4.

Gen 5 anime does make them really really pet-like.
  10. Better Call Stall

Better Call Stall

If I'm not able to transfer my Pokés from gen 5 to gen 6 I'm going to fucking implode.
  11. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

if theres no transfer we riot
  12. Manaphy

Manaphy

It's possible we might have another 200 play (remember Ruby/Sapphire launch?) when this launches.

If there is some sort of backwards compatability I'm sure it'd be through some Dream World-like Internet connection.
  13. Shiruba

Shiruba

i don't think it'd be impossible to transfer - there are a lot of scars from gen 2 -> gen 3 with that. i doubt they'd pull that again unless they had a huge data overhaul or something
  14. Manaphy

Manaphy

The thing that worries me is that they don't know yet, I mean the game launches in 4 months already.
  15. Shiruba

Shiruba

doesn't mean they can't release an app on the eshop for it if they simply can't figure it out in time. they have a free app for data transfer between 3ds systems - i doubt this would be any different. it'd just suck for the people that have no way to access the e-shop, which is why they're working hard on it now. they're not microsoft lol. thank god. i respect that.

[but hey- at least you could still play without the internet lol goddamn]
  16. Powergo

Powergo

A thought- if Furabe (The small one) Has good attacking stats and a high BP Fairy type move, in theory it can KO Massive legendary Dragons, who can kill it by blowing on it/ sitting on it.
  17. SapphSabre777

SapphSabre777

I really want answers...only time will tell the truth.

What is the type-chart like for Fairy-types? (please let it not be one-sided......)
    More confirmed typings and attacks?

I don't know. I still feel like there is still more to be seen with the *ahem* FAIRIES!
  18. Manaphy

Manaphy

I don't think you understand. The issue here is that it's impossible right now for an DS cart to communicate with a 3DS one, so they'd have to invent a way to circumvent that.
  19. Better Call Stall

Better Call Stall

I hope they figure out some way to (as someone already said) "upload" your Pokémon to some kind of cloud server or to your account on Global Link and then download them from there to your 3DS.

That would be a pretty comfortable way to transfer them if they're unable to connect a DS to a 3DS directly.
  20. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I feel like this has been posted dozens of times but the rumor says
  21. Shiruba

Shiruba

i do understand. that's why they're working hard to invent the way to circumvent that [the one that comes to mind for me is trying to somewhat emulate the ds a la WINE or something], but i can definitely see the memory issues with that. i'm no expert, but i'm sure they'll figure it out, and i think they're confident, too - after all, i don't think they would've mentioned it if it wouldn't work.
  22. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor Alumnus

So… a Growl clone? Unless it actually damages the opponent, I guess…
  23. R_N

R_N

But it is possible for a 3ds game to communicate with a DS one
    Dream Radar proved that much
    And, to an extent, so did the DSi transfer tool.

e: So what I'm saying is worst case scenario we get a free distinct app out of this.
    Or Pokemon Box 3D!
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

yeah, i think what's stopping them from just doing that is their not wanting to pull a microsoft and alienate so many people from getting their pokes moved up [though at least it wouldn't need to be once a day or whatever]
  25. R_N

R_N

well this wouldn't really be "pull[ing] a microsoft"
    it's not like there's drm in place, where you have to communicate with GameFreak every day in order to transfer pokemon

I suspect if it had to become an app, it'd just go up for free.
    It's 2013, I suspect most people have internet to grab it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)