Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It jsut means that it's Electric/Normal instead of Normal/Electric and it's the first Pokemon that's X/Normal. But there has never been a game mechanic that is affected by which type is listed first.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, actually, there's just three characters of each gender, and they all look similar.

Guy (all same style)
Blonde
Brown Hair
Brown Hair Dark Skin

Girl
Blonde
Brunette
Black hair dark skin
Well, that's all that's been leaked, right? Who knows, there could be more customization features revealed down the line. Even so, even if these are the only options, I still think it's fantastic. I think any customization at all is a big plus.

I just noticed how similar the graphics are to the Final Fantasy III remake for DS. I don't like the male trainers hat, although I like how they both have sunglasses on their head. I just hope to god that this means you can wear sunglasses.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The scan TheMantyke posted above shows the first page in clearer detail. On the very left, Chespin's moves can be seen quite clearly. Anybody feel like translating?
Yes of course, me from ten minutes ago. I'll do it!

You see, while the moves are written in gibberish (Japanese), their PP as well as types are visible. So all you have to do is see what moves of which type have the same PP as the ones written, then compare the scribbles with move names looked up on Bulbapedia. In theory, at least. Japanese has like two doodly languages, and only Kana is written on Bulbapedia.

The first move appears to be Normal, with a PP of 35. That means it's either Constrict, Pound or Scratch. The latter two are more plausible (effectively being the same move, learned by many Pokémon at a low level). The scribbles match neither in Kana, though.

The middle move is also Normal, with a PP of 40. That means it can be pretty much anything from Rapid Spin (WOOO!) to Odor Sleuth (Meh). However, Growl also fits into that category, so that's the most likely one.

The Grass move has a PP of 25. That means it's either Absorb or Razor Leaf. However, the characters don't match the Kana scribbles for either very well. The thingamadoodle at the end is found in the Japanese name for Vine Whip, which only has 15 PP. Could it be a PP change, or another move entirely? Nah, sticking with Razor Leaf.

In short, I'll deduce that Chespin learns one of Pound/Scratch, Growl and Razor Leaf at a low level. Isn't that exciting to know? Could any Japanese readers confirm/disprove me?

The fourth move, seen in the right picture, also appears to be Grass. However, its PP is too blurry to make out.

EDIT:

It jsut means that it's Electric/Normal instead of Normal/Electric and it's the first Pokemon that's X/Normal. But there has never been a game mechanic that is affected by which type is listed first.
The Hall of Fame in BW2 springs to mind. Your Pokémon is shown against a background determined by its primary type.

The pokémon are "eh", but I really liked the trainers, the male one looks better than expected, and the girl has dem legs.

Well, actually, there's just three characters of each gender, and they all look similar.

Guy (all same style)
Blonde
Brown Hair
Brown Hair Dark Skin

Girl
Blonde
Brunette
Black hair dark skin

Also Serebii just retweeted this:

Anyone know the meaning?

Oh, so the lizard guy is Electric/Normal. Weird.
Yeah it's weird. But the only thing that the first type affects is the cosmetic aspect of a pokemon, and not even that some times.
The first type usually has a dominant effect on the looks of the pokemon. Other than that it makes no difference.

I'm kind of dissapointed that we don't get to choose eye colour for the characters, and the fact that we can't sellect red hair.
My Jean Grey fetish is ruined.

goddamit stellar you can't just make a new x&y thread then just let it sit there

mocking us

with its

locked-ness

BUT YAY THE both of characters actually look decent and don't have that awful hair. hilda and rosa both had awful hair and you know it. i'll still pick the dude, though, because y chromosome -> male. people are calling the girl the y person and i'm just like

i hope the 3d models don't have those gawdawful skorupi eyes that they did in the trailer, though. gross. so large you could probably use them as a secondary backpack.

three customisations is not that bad, definitely. not bad at all.

fighting type... panda pokemon?

Do you guys think the new electric pokemon is based on a Frilled Lizard?

And subtract me from the list that says the new female character is "hawt", her hair is so ugly :<

Do you guys think the new electric pokemon is based on a Frilled Lizard?

And subtract me from the list that says the new female character is "hawt", her hair is so ugly :<
YOUR HAIR IS UGLY >:C
(nah i think she's okay but not great. leaf was my favourite heroine)

i can just see them playing off of the jurassic park acid spitting thing. electric/poison with levitate. MAKE WITH THE HAPPENING, GAMEFREAK.

also HAS ANYONE NOTICED HOW STUPID FROAKIE LOOKS IN THE SELECTION SCREEN IN THE FIRST SCAN LMAO.

BUT YAY THE both of characters actually look decent and don't have that awful hair. hilda and rosa both had awful hair and you know it. i'll still pick the dude, though, because y chromosome -> male. people are calling the girl the y person and i'm just like
That's funny to point out, considering that the male is always called by the fandom after the "main" version (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black) it really doesn't fit calling the male one X this time

"That looks like Mawile."
"Wait... no it doesn't. Why would they even reveal prevos now?"
"Electric... definetly not."

Parabola charge? Like a graph curve? These are all just japanese names, right? Within a week we should be getting an english version of this info. (and hopefully a trailer?)

yeah, exactly, and i can see why they do it/think that, and males do have an x chromosome, but girls simply do not have a y - therefore she cannot be y.

NINTH GRADE BIOLOGY CLASS PLZ

God, these things look cool.

Anyone else hoping we can finally ride our old Pokémon like Dodrio and Rapidash?

Also, Electric/Normal for the win. But I really want to find out more about the Pokemon we know already. :P

for the lizard guy... if it's based on the frilled lizard, d'you think it'll be/is a poke with intimidate? perhaps anger point?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Perhaps Chespin's future moves may consist of stuff like Needle Arm, Rapid Spin (probably Egg move given how weak it is for level up), or maybe even Drill Run(?) or Steamroller. It'd be pretty cool. Props for mammalian Grass starter!

Ridin' dem Gogoats.

The bird looks boring you say?

Gee, that's new.

If we really have gotten new U-turn moves... oh geeze, you guys think hazards and weather dominated? GEN 6. AGE OF SWITCH/TURN.

God, these things look cool.

Anyone else hoping we can finally ride our old Pokémon like Dodrio and Rapidash?
Personally I doubt it or at the very least it won't be extensive, considering Gogoat's name, the fact that its the only thing that's showcased in the promotional artwork of the feature* and there is no confirmation that we will be using it elsewhere. And we had this sort of thing happened before, Amity Square allowed only a limited amount Pokémon, most already having overworld sprites in the game.

*And it has Pokésaddles. That would be hard to implement on some Pokémon.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

If this is an 18 page scoop of information. Why have only a few pages been leaked :/

Ps. That Panda will evolve into a badass pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)