Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking maybe evolving into fighting/grass and using a bamboo shoot as a staff in combat?
I like that idea. Given he's already got a leaf, you're probably right, he'll get bigger and the bamboo leaf will become a bamboo staff.
I'm personally secretly hoping they give him two evos. final one being a little old mischievous martial arts master panda. small would justify a different stat distribution compared with the other bears (and differing design). It would also help separate him from some of the existing huge attack, high HP standard fighting tanks that are already out there. stat balance wise he could be a bit between meinshao, and hitmonlee, with hopefully a fun ability, like sap sipper/serene grace.

I like that idea. Given he's already got a leaf, you're probably right, he'll get bigger and the bamboo leaf will become a bamboo staff.
I'm personally secretly hoping they give him two evos. final one being a little old mischievous martial arts master panda. small would justify a different stat distribution compared with the other bears (and differing design). It would also help separate him from some of the existing huge attack, high HP standard fighting tanks that are already out there. stat balance wise he could be a bit between meinshao, and hitmonlee, with hopefully a fun ability, like sap sipper/serene grace.
if they could make a poke that looks fast like hitmonlee and mienshao do, that'd be pretty awesome - though i think they'll take the easy route and go slow/bulky/powerful.

mischievous, though... prankster? a bit weird on an offensive poke, but it'd make sense if it really is like that.

also wonder if perhaps it might not be offensively-based at all? how many defensive fighting types exist out there?

Is it an 18 page scoop...or 'more on page 18'?
My interpretation of the Japanese is 'further scoop on page 18' my evidence for this is that no counter for pages (枚)is used. This means that they are not counting pages but merely listing a page number. Sorry guys!

EDIT: Assuming that the second scan is page 18, i'd say that there is most likely no more information to come from this leak or this issue of Corocoro.

PokeBeach said:
The panda Pokemon, Yancham (ヤンチャム), is the Naughty Pokemon and is a Fighting-type. It has a new move called Parting Remark which lowers its opponent's stats and then forces the user to retreat.
Wow, this could turn out to be a killer momentum move. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Yancham evolves into.

Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokemon, can jump up to the height of a three-story building. Its bubbles are resistant and protect it from attacks. It can shoot foam at its opponent’s face to blind them.
opponent's face to blind them? makes it seem water/dark or water/poison, to me.

POISON DART FROOOOOOOG

Yer, and where's mine? :p

Though this month's Corocoro probably provides me with enough initiative to buy a second hand 3DS just to play X or Y.
i believe that ign published a story not too long ago saying that nintendo will actually sell you a second-hand refurbished 3ds for less.

of course, you could always get one at eb games/gamestop/etc if you wanted.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Gen 6 does not disappoint with their Pokemon! The Robin looks comically cute to me, the Panda looks like a badass, and the Goat is pretty good too. The only one I dislike is the eel, because it looks like it has a stupid smile on it's head, and it's head in general looks dumb imo.

Also, customization yess.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
pokebeach said:
Elikiteru soaks up the sun's rays to generate electricity for itself.
New ability maybe? Something like Flower Gift? Maybe it raises it's SAtk in the sun? Lizards do like to sit in the sun.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
i believe that ign published a story not too long ago saying that nintendo will actually sell you a second-hand refurbished 3ds for less.

of course, you could always get one at eb games/gamestop/etc i f you wanted.
Oh, I just go onto my local Pokemon Alliance to ask if anyone doesn't want their 3DS anymore, so it can be a player to player deal instead of through shops.

But here, game shops are shabby little stores that face fierce competition between each other, so the price is around 9000 Yen.

New ability maybe? Something like Flower Gift? Maybe it raises it's SAtk in the sun? Lizards do like to sit in the sun.
I like to name it Solar Power X)

Am I the only one who thinks the yellow and black thing looks like a Mawile prevo? So this means we could be finally getting a Mawile evo?
how does it even resemble mawile? ive seen a couple of people saying this on other forums so can someone explain this to me??

edit oh shit i did NOT see the 5 pages oh well

if they could make a poke that looks fast like hitmonlee and mienshao do, that'd be pretty awesome - though i think they'll take the easy route and go slow/bulky/powerful.

mischievous, though... prankster? a bit weird on an offensive poke, but it'd make sense if it really is like that.

also wonder if perhaps it might not be offensively-based at all? how many defensive fighting types exist out there?
Ha! I was literally about to edit my post to say that the panda will probably get prankster (at least in its unevolved form). It makes sense.

Hariyama and Throh are the nearest I can think of as defensive fighters. Oh and cobalion.

I'll be surprised if gogoat doesn't evolve from something like runkidd. I'm guessing statwise it'll be a defensive counterpart to sawsbuck.

I'm really liking all the Pokemon so far. Much better than the abortions that were in gen 5. Hopefully the rest are consistent in quality.

Ha! I was literally about to edit my post to say that the panda will probably get prankster (at least in its unevolved form). It makes sense.

Hariyama and Throh are the nearest I can think of as defensive fighters. Oh and cobalion.

I'll be surprised if gogoat doesn't evolve from something like runkidd. I'm guessing statwise it'll be a defensive counterpart to sawsbuck.
definitely makes sense! i wonder what it'd get when it evolves, though... sheer force? can't really extrapolate much without at least a picture, haha

hariyama is pretty offensive and has terrible bulk outside of great hp, but i totally forgot about throh.

runkidd. i like that. not too bad. did you get that from "rugged"?

So could our lizard friend have some kind of Sun Dish ability? Still, its typing isn't very inspiring (and it looks so derpy!) The panda, however, is very interesting. Maybe some kind of fast momentum-stealing pokemon? If Parting Remark (coolest move name ever) lowers offensive stats and this thing gets Prankster...
Oh, and we better get to ride Brogoat everywhere. Indoors, outdoors, while surfing on the back of other pokemon, et cetera et cetera. I mean it, Game Freak.

how does it even resemble mawile? ive seen a couple of people saying this on other forums so can someone explain this to me??
It has the same colour scheme, the same things hanging at the side of its head. It does slightly resemble it, and of all the pokemon that need an evolutionary line Mawile is right at the top of the list.

Cresselia~~

pokemon... alliance.

where in god's name do you live omfg
Er... I guess it's safe in Smogon because people here do seem to have no problem stating their country --I live in Hong Kong.

We don't have any franchisers for 3DS games, so it's not like a big official shop.

(But the game cartridges are not fake/ pirated. They are still going to be the real Japanese ones or the real American ones, US ones usually are sold at a lower price.)

edit oh shit i did NOT see the 5 pages oh well
I personally just think that it's face looks really like mawile.
But what looks like what is very subjective in the first place :)

ohhhhhhhhhh i see. okay, that makes sense. that actually sounds pretty cool.

is it because japanese is more legible to chinese speakers than english is, unless you learn, or...?

Cresselia~~

ohhhhhhhhhh i see. okay, that makes sense. that actually sounds pretty cool.

is it because japanese is more legible to chinese speakers than english is, unless you learn, or...?
It's just because most gamers read Japanese and tend to find the English dub rather modified compared to the Japanese version.

Also, Japanese games tend to be released a lot earlier, and HK people love love love love to be "first" to play the game. It's like a bragging culture, or like a competition and like you should at least not be slower than the main crowd.

By the time the English version is released, people are already bored with it.
I guess Pokemon is one of the very few exceptions that people actually buy an extra one in English.

I personally finished my Japanese Black 2 on the release date because I got mine one day early from the game shop.
After a few months, I sold my Black 2 before the English release because the US version usually costs even less than a 2nd hand Japanese version.

I guess Pokemon X Y are the first games to have the same release date for both languages?
A group of younger ones in my league are switching into English as well.

These new pokemon all look pretty sweet. The one thing I am waiting for though is a Sharpedo evolution. For new pokemon, I just wanna see the starters evos. Anyone with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)