Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember reading that you go back to your house to change clothes.
It says on the website "you can go back any time", so they would likely mean go back home, but the location that you change clothes at isn't specified. If it is home, then maybe we get clothes the same way we got room accessories in GSC, where you could leave your mom money and she'll buy you stuff every now and then that you could only obtain/use when you went back home.

I was just checking out some YouTube videos and have fallen upon this certain image. I have screenshot the image because it has intrigued me for quite a while. This "possible Pokemon" left of the lamppost seems to be some sort of a pre-evo of Gogoat, as they prove to have a similar color scheme and almost similar structure, though it seems more bear-like so I may be wrong. What are your thoughts on this guys?
I thought they were just hedges, but a closer inspection does show that they are made up of the bare-basics color scheme for Gogoat. If it is a prevo, it looks like there are two? One has a white head, and the other has a brown forehead, so if it's not only a Gogoat baby, but two babies sitting together, maybe they're both Gogoat babies and Gogoats have gender differences. But if that/those is/are Pokemon, what are they doing on the street alone? Where is their trainer? Or is it that some Pokemon are quite harmless to civilians and are allowed to roam around the city?
...Will we get to see interacbtible roaming Pokemon all over Lumiose City, if this is true?

One more note. the Pokedex lists Fennekin as Central, so since it's not tied to the mountain region, that may/may not debunk the journey theories from the last couple of pages about finding specific Pokemon first based on what starter you go with. Serebii says that Central, Coastal and Mountain refers to the middle, West and East parts of the region. Looking back at the map, the region is split quite nicely into three discernable sections, with the landmarks and roads in the middle of the region forming a pointed triangle/spire of sorts within the assumed boundaries of the Central area.

Not sure this is the right place for this, but apparently Hiro says the Pokebeach source has mainly false info.
I don't recall Hiro saying that. Where did you hear it? I just checked his twitter account and found nothing.

Btw, I really like the idea of the tower of Lumiose being the Pokemon League.

This star shaped region... does it seems to suggest to anyone else some... nonlinearity? There is what looks like something of a central city....

DHR, I was actually wonding about the strange placement of snow down from the mountain too. Interesting theory, it makes sense to me.

That video from gamexplain was pretty helpful. It certainly cleared up a lot for me.

And unfortunately, it seems the starting town is actually in the south again. That's based on the image DHR posted, as well as what's posted on the official site about customization. It looks like they were trying to say you change clothes in your room, and they showed that spot from the image DHR posted when they referred to returning to change.

I thought I was the only one who noticed it since nobody else has discussed it. This purple crystalline-like structure just screams "Key event" to me.
Same here, I thought that may be where yveltal may be, but it is in ice...

[youtube]UKKTqJ8R5nI[/youtube]

so...after watching this...what do you guys think?

thank you for this. It really opened my eyes to some new things.

also the purple crystal like structure isn't in the ice its right outside of it

Not sure this is the right place for this, but apparently Hiro says the Pokebeach source has mainly false info.

I'd link things(I'm on a 3DS right now, cant use computer currently), but I can say its on the Bulbapedia's Real or Not Real thread, near the bottom, page 43.

Rumor wars in 3...2...
I personally consider Hiro to be reliable as things currently stand. So his wording of "mainly false" makes sense to me (since some of it's been true) and bolsters my hope for no dual type moves.
I could quote many more posts from previous pages but you get the picture.

Can somebody please provide a link to the pokebeach rumors?

Iirc the ONLY thing he got right so far was Helioptile's name. Fairy type, dual typed moves, EV-training mini-games etc are still just speculation.
What am I missing here? What has Pokebeach said that has been confirmed?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
- I can see 3 visible caves in the region. One huge cavesystem with at least 5 entrances at the south-west of the region. Then one located north from aforementioned, another side of the river. Then finally another huge cave at north-east, which seems to be kind of Ice cave. I'm quite satisfied of the amount and especially about the locations of them. (I'm referring to Sinnoh, which I loathed when talking about caves)
I actually think there is one more cave. You see the aquaduct/railroad line to the very east? Slightly below it are three small isles in the river. Just to the left of the southernmost island, I see something that might be a small cave entrance. I'm not sure if it is a dead end or if other entrances can be seen with enough goodwill (for instance the ledge just above it, or the tiny pond slightly northeast), but I suspect it hides something interesting...

Also, the glowing shrub to the southeast simply screams "HERE LIVES XERNEAS!" to me. At the very opposite side of the map (extreme northwest) is some sort of thingy in the forest. It could also be the dwelling of something legendary.

EDIT: Just watched that video, and while I agree with them on most of the points, I think they've got the starter town wrong. Judging by the released screenshots, it seems like you'll actually start to the extreme south. All the screenshots apart from those of Lumiose City (and the desert) show the towns and routes directly south of Lumiose. I think the southernmost town will be your starting place, and then you venture north to Lumiose. From there on, it's a "spoked wheel" layout with dead ends, maybe apart from surfing on the rivers. I think Lumiose will be even more centralizing than Nimbasa was in Gen. V, with lots of facilities you'll keep visiting every day.

I could quote many more posts from previous pages but you get the picture.

Can somebody please provide a link to the pokebeach rumors?

Iirc the ONLY thing he got right so far was Helioptile's name. Fairy type, dual typed moves, EV-training mini-games etc are still just speculation.
What am I missing here? What has Pokebeach said that has been confirmed?
Have you thought about maybe
just maybe

going to pokebeach

e: He also got Gogoat & Fletchling's name correct. I think Panchum was a typo of the actual name Pancham.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
^How does that image match with the Pokédex setup, though?

We see Fennekin being selected, as the fourth Pokémon in the dex. Then, the info page on it either pops up between two lines in the index, pushing them apart, or it obscures the lines below it all the way down to the empty entry before Zigzagoon.
It can't be the former, since then there wouldn't be any room for the Froakie evolution line.
If it's the latter, it means that the page on Fennekin obscures approximately four lines of Pokémon, or twenty entries. Now, we know that three of those are reserved for the Froakie line, but that would still mean there's 17 entries between Froakie3 and Zigzagoon. Either, we have a bunch of bugs and their evolutions coming before the regional bird, or Fletchling isn't that early in the Pokédex and might not be the generic bird and thus not as "standard" as we seem to think.

Or, when typing this, I realized a third option could be possible: That the info blurb on Fennekin only obscuresone line of Pokédex entries, and pushes the next lines further down. That would make room for Froakie and its evolution family, as well as one two-stage evolution line coming before Zigzagoon.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
^Legit? Not necessarily, it just means somebody found a tree to name the alleged professor after. It's not rocket science, I just made up "Professor Pine" on the spot in less than four seconds.

^Legit? Not necessarily, it just means somebody found a tree to name the alleged professor after. It's not rocket science, I just made up "Professor Pine" on the spot in less than four seconds.
Hehe yeah, it was kind of ironically meant. Guess you have to use smilies in such a case on the internet though ;)

Have you thought about maybe
just maybe
going to pokebeach
e: He also got Gogoat & Fletchling's name correct. I think Panchum was a typo of the actual name Pancham.
It took like 10 seconds using google, try to be less lazy
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information
You are both right (sorry ;_;) but I was actually referring to whether I've missed something. So yeah, only the names have been confirmed.

Only the names, R_N, unless I've missed something.
(edit: Oh you're probably referring to that I only mentioned Helioptile in my previous post. Yeah I had forgotten about the others back then :S)

Unless you count as further confirmation the fact that both that guy and Hiro mentioned the Fairy type.
Which you shouldn't since Hiro tweeted that the pokebeach rumors are mostly bogus.

You are both right (sorry ;_;) but I was actually referring to whether I've missed something. So yeah, only the names have been confirmed.

Only the names, R_N, unless I've missed something.
(edit: Oh you're probably referring to that I only mentioned Helioptile in my previous post. Yeah I had forgotten about the others back then :S)

Unless you count as further confirmation the fact that both that guy and Hiro mentioned the Fairy type.
Which you shouldn't since Hiro tweeted that the pokebeach rumors are mostly bogus.
Getting the names right lends more credibility to the rumor, which is the point.

It'd be weird to get the names correct (namely, Helioptile because seriously who would just guess that) but nothing else
e: ok well fairy type too but whatevs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)