Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes, Fairies. And they're not all sunshine and giggles, either. Most are pretty malicious bastards.

2. Vanilluxe and its relatives are conceptually sentient snow-capped icicles given life through the energy of the morning sun, according to Vanillite's White and BW2 Dex entries. They only look like ice cream cones. Not to mention they were created by James Turner, a Westerner.

3. Trainer customization is 100% a thing, and it's gonna be awesome.

Also Stellar for the love of all things X&Y, please update the OP with everything we know so far. It's been over a month now. It'd be tons of help for newer users, and it'd save those of us in the know a few minutes time responding to them.
I thank you for clearing this up effectively. You don't know how annoying point 2 is for me especially.

To move the subject onward, considering the Eiffel tower appears to be a gym, where could the location of the battle tower/facility/train be? I'm hoping for a battle bus, but that's just me.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
To move the subject onward, considering the Eiffel tower appears to be a gym, where could the location of the battle tower/facility/train be? I'm hoping for a battle bus, but that's just me.
Battle bus would be really cool. In the spirit of France, maybe a gym in a pastry store/bakery? Could be interesting, as long as it isn't just Striaton Gym all over again.. Or maybe even at the Louvre/other Museum! Damn, all the possibilities :P

I thank you for clearing this up effectively. You don't know how annoying point 2 is for me especially.

If it only were for the Vanniluxe thing...I'm constantly listening to people complaining about everything, even about X and Y.

My mind right now

Battle bus would be really cool. In the spirit of France, maybe a gym in a pastry store/bakery? Could be interesting, as long as it isn't just Striaton Gym all over again.. Or maybe even at the Louvre/other Museum! Damn, all the possibilities :P
ooooh there's a battle bus that goes from edmonton and the surrounding area to vancouver for regionals oyo
i missed it last time because i had no idea, but i totally wanna go next year...

anyway, that seems a touch redundant with the striaton gym, but i think that if they pulled out the unique aspects of a bakery [maybe going through some giant puzzle that looks like a gigantic kitchen] with a gym leader at the end, it could be an awesome gym.

inb4 bread pokemon tho

I've learned what it's like to fear a lawless forum. Don't ever leave me again ;-; Let's make up by watching Drive.

I think that Litleo is going to be encountered earlier than Pancham. Noble Roar and Parting Shot do the same thing for the most part, but parting Shot has more utility. For both of them to be made in the same generation, I'm sure that Parting Shot would be introduced later than Noble Roar, which would be there to get new players comfortable with the concept of status-lowering techniques.

I've learned what it's like to fear a lawless forum. Don't ever leave me again ;-; Let's make up by watching Drive.

I think that Litleo is going to be encountered earlier than Pancham. Noble Roar and Parting Shot do the same thing for the most part, but parting Shot has more utility. For both of them to be made in the same generation, I'm sure that Parting Shot would be introduced later than Noble Roar, which would be there to get new players comfortable with the concept of status-lowering techniques.
You know what else gets the player used to that concept

Growl
Tail Whip
Leer
String Shot

Guys don't worry Wi-if battlers. I think we can RNG and Sav and GTS are pokes... because everything can be hacked. But I would love for a Dragon/Fight type.

*status lowering moves that do more than add -1 to one stat :I
pardonne my lack of specifics, I was looking to lead up to the notion that, when it comes to kids who are interested in strategy, Litleo will probably be one of the first Pokémon to get boxed for the next best thing.

Guys don't worry Wi-if battlers. I think we can RNG and Sav and GTS are pokes... because everything can be hacked. But I would love for a Dragon/Fight type.
You can't hack what you don't have. The X and Y cartridge WILL be hacked I'm sure, but with the worldwide release it will take some time. Also, I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, but RNG abuse disgusts me. It's almost as bad making your own pokemon in Pokegen. It requires hacking into a copyrighted product and extracting its data, which is ILLEGAL as far as I know, and creates an unfair advantage for those who know how to abuse it and obtain flawless pokemon as opposed to those who hand breed and soft reset for desirable traits. I mean, is having a pokemon that's not flawless really so bad? Hopefully with EVs and IVs becoming more easily visible we won't have rely on such convoluted measures.

You can't hack what you don't have. The X and Y cartridge WILL be hacked I'm sure, but with the worldwide release it will take some time. Also, I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, but RNG abuse disgusts me. It's almost as bad making your own pokemon in Pokegen. It requires hacking into a copyrighted product and extracting its data, which is ILLEGAL as far as I know, and creates an unfair advantage for those who know how to abuse it and obtain flawless pokemon as opposed to those who hand breed and soft reset for desirable traits. I mean, is having a pokemon that's not flawless really so bad? Hopefully with EVs and IVs becoming more easily visible we won't have rely on such convoluted measures.
Because some people can not just sit on there 3DS just trying to get Flawless Pokes. And sone don't have much time on there hands. And IV's help to keep up-par well others in Wi-fi battling.

Because some people can not just sit on there 3DS just trying to get Flawless Pokes. And sone don't have much time on there hands. And IV's help to keep up-par well others in Wi-fi battling.
You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't understand because it's too complicated to me. You obviously know how to do it so you have an advantage over me. I don't breed for flawless IVs because that would simply take too long, but I DO try to get flawless IVs in the stats I need. I could learn how to do it, but it's kind of an ethics thing with me I guess. I'm not against people who do it, just against the idea. I get it, you need to get flawless pokemon quickly to stay competetive, but the whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

You're not getting what I'm saying. I don't understand because it's too complicated to me. You obviously know how to do it so you have an advantage over me. I don't breed for flawless IVs because that would simply take too long, but I DO try to get flawless IVs in the stats I need. I could learn how to do it, but it's kind of an ethics thing with me I guess. I'm not against people who do it, just against the idea. I get it, you need to get flawless pokemon quickly to stay competetive, but the whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
I hate these "ethical" arguments so much. Yes, those who know how to RNG have a distinct advantage over those who do not. But if RNG weren't possible those who had deep knowledge of breeding mechanics and all the time needed to commit to breeding monsters with competitive stats would have an advantage. But since that's not the case those who don't bother to learn RNG take up the argument. There is nothing inherently unethical about RNG. Yes, the code was looked at to decipher the inner mechanics of the game but so what? No external cheating device is used in the generation of the monster so it's not cheating. And it's really not difficult to learn either. I put it off until I read that 5th gen RNG was easy, and it really is. After that I learned 4th gen, which is more difficult but definitely doable. If you want to level the playing field then learn to do it. Either way you'll have to live with it.

I dare you to breed an Eevee with the right nature, ability, hidden power, and high IVs. I tried to do that before for an Espeon and it was such a waste of time.

I hate these "ethical" arguments so much. Yes, those who know how to RNG have a distinct advantage over those who do not. But if RNG weren't possible those who had deep knowledge of breeding mechanics and all the time needed to commit to breeding monsters with competitive stats would have an advantage. But since that's not the case those who don't bother to learn RNG take up the argument. There is nothing inherently unethical about RNG. Yes, the code was looked at to decipher the inner mechanics of the game but so what? No external cheating device is used in the generation of the monster so it's not cheating. And it's really not difficult to learn either. I put it off until I read that 5th gen RNG was easy, and it really is. After that I learned 4th gen, which is more difficult but definitely doable. If you want to level the playing field then learn to do it. Either way you'll have to live with it.
Like I said, just my own opinion. I also said that hopefully X and Y make it easier so we don't have to use such convoluted measures. I'm done talking about it. Hate me if you must but whatever.

Hmm, is all this talk of RNG feasibility due to the fact that X&Y are 3DS-exclusive games? I was under the impression that it's possible to RNG in BW/B2W2 on a 3DS, but these are DS games. What is so different about a 3DS game that makes RNG difficult / perhaps impossible?

Hmm, is all this talk of RNG feasibility due to the fact that X&Y are 3DS-exclusive games? I was under the impression that it's possible to RNG in BW/B2W2 on a 3DS, but these are DS games. What is so different about a 3DS game that makes RNG difficult / perhaps impossible?
3DS' have the ability to run a newer, updated more complicated code. That's really all there is to it.(oh, and some people care enough about it to talk about the current problems instead of the future gen VI problems)

well...Dark hasn't been confirmed to be weak to Fairy yet but that would be crazy.

Metagross would actually see more use now :p

Also, color me insane but wouldn't it be AWESOME if this what accurate
and Fairy was SE to Electric? That would FINALLY give it another weakness!

They should just take out Ivs altogether, as they are pointless if every pokemon had 31 Ivs in every stat anyway why don't they just remove them from the game?

well...Dark hasn't been confirmed to be weak to Fairy yet but that would be crazy.

Metagross would actually see more use now :p

Also, color me insane but wouldn't it be AWESOME if this what accurate
and Fairy was SE to Electric? That would FINALLY give it another weakness!
Ooooooook, that is way too much for used games o_0.

Hidden power is a really OP move in my opinion, as it makes many special attackers really hard to deal with if they have a SE hidden power. I wouldn't mind if they just removed hidden power and Ivs, but they will obviously not do that. They should just make hidden power a adjustable type, as in you can go to a place in game where they give you different hidden power types, all of which are base power of 70, so each hp type will be treated as a seperate move. It would also tell you the HP type in battle so you know what type Hidden power your pokemon has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)