Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the designs, save the legendaries, are all that interesting. JMHO...just not a fan of "inanimate" things being Pokemon, and yes that means I've always found voltorb and electrodes weird too.

My main hope is that the pseudo-legendary - a fairy type probably? - of this generation doesn't disappoint. I don't think we knew about hydreigon until very late though, so probably won't find out what it is for a while.
I don't see what people have against pokemon being "inanimate". Sure, maybe if the objects that the pokemon were portraying had no life to them, then I can see why. BUT, all pokemon have some sort of lifelike quality to them. Sure, honedge is a sword, but being that it is part of a spirit, or a spirit is part of it, it's not inanimate in a way. I mean in appearance pokemon are sometimes inanimate, but the pokemon as wholes are not.

That doesn't matter. Gen. I was the first generation of Pokemon. GF probably didn't know what it was going to do with Eevee in the coming gens. With Gen. II, they probably decided, ok how about we introduce two new Eeveelutions every other generation from now on, and the pattern began. Gen. I is irrelevant because the beginning of the pattern is Gen. II.

But I could be entirely wrong! All I'm saying is, I think it is safe to assume that there will be another Eeveelution this gen. We'll know soon enough, though :D
Another eveelution on top of Sylveon you say? I'm very doubtful of that because if there was more on top of Sylveon, they would have been in on the hype along with sylveon. I mean sure, it's always possible but I think we would have heard about it now, since one was already announced. And I mean, what type would ANOTHER eveelution be? I can't see one being ghost, bug, poison or... you get the point.

I like inanimate stuff

But yeah, I like how the rumors were presented. Not too much there that the person can be like "told you so dumbass people that didn't believe me." More like, "look at what I know and want to share with humanity."

Very respectable. That's probably why it's believable. But also a little bias to see Ice-type get some love.

Ice/Fighting seems like a poorly defensive typing.But stab ice punch or "ice hammer" will help in taking down dragon pokemon more effectively. But I don't think the pokemon is real.
Wait, what? Fighting is easily the best additional typing to go with Ice, moreso than ground even. It removes the rock weak (good bye Stealth Rock) while retaining resistances to Bug, Dark, and Ice. If nothing else, it's at least better than Ice alone. And offensively, the type combination is awesome, hitting 9 types super-effectively counting STAB alone. Steel and Fighting weaknesses aren't cool with Scizor and Breloom around...but switching out of them won't be nearly as big of a deal without that Stealth Rock weakness.

As for these other pokemon, Panpura is really standing out to me. Grass / Ghost is a great defensive typing, in my opinion, so I'd really like this to be real. The ghost type has been somewhat lacking in variety traditionally so these are nice additions.

Reactions: PoJ
-Yveltal used Speculate!-

What if Shellos gets a third form? If the new split-evolution is real, then that means Shellos is going to be in the new Pokedex. and if Shellos is going to have any relevance to gen VI, maybe they're going to give it a third possible look so there will be a form for each sub-region of Kalos; the Coastal (East), the Mountains (West) and the Central (NEW SHELLOS LOOK). If Syoomai is a special evolution for a new Shellos form...I was going somewhere with this...

-Yveltal used Speculate!-

What if Shellos gets a third form? If the new split-evolution is real, then that means Shellos is going to be in the new Pokedex. and if Shellos is going to have any relevance to gen VI, maybe they're going to give it a third possible look so there will be a form for each sub-region of Kalos; the Coastal (East), the Mountains (West) and the Central (NEW SHELLOS LOOK). If Syoomai is a special evolution for a new Shellos form...I was going somewhere with this...
I can't tell if you are aware (it doesn't seem that you are), but there is an unused Gastrodon form backsprite in the data of Diamond and Pearl. So one was designed, but it's not clear if that design was scrapped, saved for later, or what.

I can't tell if you are aware (it doesn't seem that you are), but there is an unused Gastrodon form backsprite in the data of Diamond and Pearl. So one was designed, but it's not clear if that design was scrapped, saved for later, or what.
*Ruby and Sapphire. It was designed as a Gen 3 Pokemon [even had cries, I believe], but they scrapped it for an unknown reason.

:|
It doesn't seem that I am.
Rude

I know that Game Freak admitted that Shellos was originally intended to be in RSE, but they kept it from being in the final release and used it in their "form differences" gimmick in the next generation. Personally, it looks like a scrapped beta design, and if you're insinuating that they might use their original design for Shellos, it'd be a weird artistic choice to use it as it is, since it's a conglomeration of the two we already have. If they were planning on using Shellos, I think they might want to make a new form look as different as possible from the species' other forms, but I don't feel very strongly about the potential design rehash of Shellos.
And the design was more than likely scrapped. They've made little aesthetic changes to several other Pokemon after their original release that they've stuck to, like giving Bellossom green skin.

*Ruby and Sapphire. It was designed as a Gen 3 Pokemon [even had cries, I believe], but they scrapped it for an unknown reason.
It was only visual data.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is a friendly reminder not to post scans unless they have been confirmed by a major Pokémon site!

Wait, what? Fighting is easily the best additional typing to go with Ice, moreso than ground even. It removes the rock weak (good bye Stealth Rock) while retaining resistances to Bug, Dark, and Ice. If nothing else, it's at least better than Ice alone. And offensively, the type combination is awesome, hitting 9 types super-effectively counting STAB alone. Steel and Fighting weaknesses aren't cool with Scizor and Breloom around...but switching out of them won't be nearly as big of a deal without that Stealth Rock weakness.

As for these other pokemon, Panpura is really standing out to me. Grass / Ghost is a great defensive typing, in my opinion, so I'd really like this to be real. The ghost type has been somewhat lacking in variety traditionally so these are nice additions.
I totally agree. And for panpura, 4 (5?) weaknesses and 4 (I think, my memory fails today.) resistances/immunities doesn't seem too bad.

Grass / Ghost is a great defensive typing, in my opinion, so I'd really like this to be real. The ghost type has been somewhat lacking in variety traditionally so these are nice additions.
Yes I also think more powerful ghost type pokemon should be introduced in larger quantity. All GF does is introduce one or two ghost type pokemon per region.If ghost pokemon other than Honedge are going to be introduced, I think it will be a good idea especially with a big region like this.
Introducing more pokemon would be a good idea since the region is divided into three parts and I'm assuming that each part will get an equal amount of pokemon.

I totally agree. And for panpura, 4 (5?) weaknesses and 4 (I think, my memory fails today.) resistances/immunities doesn't seem too bad.
5 weaknesses: Dark, Ghost, Flying, Fire, and Ice.

6 resistances/immunities: Normal, Fighting, Grass, Water, Electric, and Ground.

3 of the weaknesses are fairly common, but the resistances/immunities are awesome. I'd rather not have the Pokemon be based on a pumpkin, though :/

Edit: Oops, we're not supposed to speculate in this thread according to a post on the first page. Sorry :x

Yes I also think more powerful ghost type pokemon should be introduced in larger quantity. All GF does is introduce one or two ghost type pokemon per region.If ghost pokemon other than Honedge are going to be introduced, I think it will be a good idea especially with a big region like this.
Introducing more pokemon would be a good idea since the region is divided into three parts and I'm assuming that each part will get an equal amount of pokemon.
Well, that much lies in an issue with theming. Ghost type Pokémon are the least abundant in the Pokémon world as an aesthetic choice by Game Freak, which is why they might feel largely unexplored as a type.

What's this I was hearing about X & Y being hack proof? Any one else hear about this rumor? I doubt it could be done but hey, never know.

What's this I was hearing about X & Y being hack proof? Any one else hear about this rumor? I doubt it could be done but hey, never know.
It's not so much a rumor as it is, for now, the truth
3ds hacking is barely going anywhere at this point. Maybe in the future, but for the time being...

So a generation of Pokemon we have to play legit? Well, I suppose that'd only be for new gen mons. Older gens could just be migrated in unless they get rid of that.

CoroCoro's leaking! :D

Serebii said:
Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing

Pancham's evolution is called Koronda (コロンダ) and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reverasl Pokémon and are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move
The puff ball is called Peroppafu ( ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X
The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y
Honedge has the ability of No Guard
Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y
There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ)
The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ). He will occasionally battle you.
The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団)

CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form
Dunno how to put spoilers around things in the new forum, so just check Serebii for the scans. :p

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Serebii said:
The puff ball is called Peroppafu and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon and has the new move Drain Kiss
Yet another confirmation of the May 18th rumors:
Rumor said:
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

Also, holy hell, Pancham's evo makes Ursaring look like Teddiursa! That thing is a monster!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
CoroCoro can be found on Serebii. It seems the Pokébeach rumors are true (based on the squid and its evo), so feel free to discuss the rumors that were leaked a while ago as well.

T.T More food....at least the other ones look decent to good. Also, crazy artist movement bad guys? I got to destroy PETA in gen 5 do I get to take out Abstract Artists this time?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Just to point it out again:
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
This will be the best generation! Where's my ragequit-throw the 3ds to the ground evo?! Please be soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)