Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little iffy at first on some of the designs, but now that i take a good look at them i'm falling in love

Peroppfu is civilization

Why is everything so cool!? I'm nearly crying over here, nothing from this Gen 6 looks bad at all. Love the new 'flamboyant' professor and Team Flair.

I wonder why they chose *now* to start revealing abilities

kind of sucks that Honedge gets No Guard, honestly

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Ehh, you get what you pay for, and maybe it'll make it up with good stats and movepool. Really though, with a typing like that, I didn't really care what sort of ability it got haha. It sorta technically makes sense, since Hownedge has to fight and protect itself by using its own blade without a shield, hence "No Guard."

Also I am so completely fine with a perfectly accurate Will-o-Wisp

No Guard does make sense though. I mean, it's a sword. And with so much emphasis on Honedge's being all offense, it's just that much more likely we'll see a shield counterpart! :D

So Maika and Karamanero get Contrary, and their new move Turn Over reverses stat changes. I'm getting giddy. :3

Also Team Flair seems solely obsessed with making cash. My bet would be so they can maintain dat flamboyant look of theirs.

So the new team's goal is just money.
I like it! It's refreshingly simple and offers a lot of variety in their schemes, I think.

FUCK YEH goddamn so many of those pokemans look badass as badass is/goes. And the bad dudes are Team Flamboyant if I read correctly? SICK. Yeah and I guess if Honedge has No Guard it'll be more offensive probably. And the professor looks like a total bro, yo. He's all like "Hey man, like, ya wanna get super crunk with my PokeMANS? I'm hella down man."

Oh and the level two Panda evo dude looks super cool. Goddamn he looks tough. But yeah so many things look flamboyant lolz. The evil team. The professor. The squid Pokemans. And I guess looking back Sylveon sorta. Gee I wonder if this has anything to do with France/Fairy type? Hhhmmmm? Might make saving the world not feel so vital if everything including your foes are goofballs but........I guess it's better then emo?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon is 0.4m tall weighing 3.5kg, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reverasl Pokémon, is 1.5m tall and 47kg, and both are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary.
Turn Over and Contrary sounds dangerous with the right moves. Tho Contrary on its own might be an amazing blessing if Parting Shot becomes a staple. Free +1 to Atk & SpAtk.
Between Chespin, Pangoro, and Karamanero, my in-game team has a lot of Dark-types. Might be the first time I actively cycle Pokemon teams.

So assuming he didn't flub anything intentionally, we can gleam a few of the mysteries left open from the pokebeach rumors:
-The new evolution method for Pancham is likely evolving with a dark type in the party in its 30s
-The squid evolves by turning the 3ds when it levels up (probably at a specific level like pancham)
-Draining Kiss keeps its name & has 60 bp

& since Hiro correctly called the box legends types, Clefairy might wind up being pure Fairy (assuming he didn't just leave off the normal half)

I read their typings as Xerneas being Fairy, Yveltal being Dark/Flying. I don't exactly know the kana for each type, since I didn't quite get there in two years of high school Japanese. :confused: Are those correct? I tried googling it but the hype train has suggested roughly every type and this crap is too new for good articles.

I read their typings as Xerneas being Fairy, Yveltal being Dark/Flying. I don't exactly know the kana for each type, since I didn't quite get there in two years of high school Japanese. :confused: Are those correct? I tried googling it but the hype train has suggested roughly every type and this crap is too new for good articles.
well i mean

just look at serebii
Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying

Although No Guard is a good ability (hopefully Honedge will have a lot of powerful-but-normally-inaccurate moves so that it can use No Guard to its full potential), I agree that another ability (cough Levitate) would've been better...

100% accurate Will-O-Wisp. I'm perfectly okay with this.
Although this is true, especially if Honedge is a more defensively-inclined Pokémon.

Why do I see so many people not liking Pangoro

cotton candy duder I can sort of understand, but there's nothing bad about the panda so far as I can see.

Why do I see so many people not liking Pangoro

cotton candy duder I can sort of understand, but there's nothing bad about the panda so far as I can see.
I'm not too fond of Pancham, but its evolution looks like a vigilante Ursaring (which I think is a good thing!). Karamanero is also interesting; although it wasn't really the Dark/Psychic Pokémon I was expecting, I really like its design.

I hate to be that guy, specially since I really like the Vanilluxe line, but cotton candy pokemon, really? Really Gamefreak? I can't seriously justify that being an actual organism

Haunted sword? sure there's like hundreds of legends about living swords, many possessed, many able to move on their own
Voltorb and Electrode? hey electricity bringing things to life is a well known plot device
Klink line? OK that one is kinda stupid

Now to be fair the design is better that the Klink line, and Shintoism kinda sorta justifies things just randomly coming to life but still
I would have preferred a pokemon that looks like this intead

Kinda disappointed with Pancham's evolution tbh. The rest of the mons are cool, probably getting X because of COTTON BALLS and Clauncher.

i am in love with the new pedobear pokemon... though nothing can take the place of my beloved ursaring ;n;

perfume!bird is adorbs, cotton candy 'mon is meh but it's in x version and if you get that you have no taste whatsoever because xerneas < yveltal obvs ;)

the big squid is meh the little one is cute and i am pleased that xerneas truly is faerie due to it perhaps convincing some people that faerie =/= weak or whatever.

looking at the actual battle screens for the cotton candy mon, it kind of reminds me of a reaaaaally fluffy puppy

tiny little ears, big ol' mouth with a tongue ready to lick things, paw-pad-ish feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)