Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me think, though, showcasing MegaLucario over other Mega-mons and this (possibly) Fighting-type gym leader who KNOWS about MEvo (I'm shortening Mega Evolution to MEvo from now on), may mean that one of the first MEvo'd Pokemon we'll see is MegaLucario, under the ownership of this Gym Leader.

I suppose this could happen, but this would mean that we now how two gym leaders that have Lucario as their "Signature" fighting type, the other one being Maylene. So I have my doubts.

Alright would people stop using the Digimon references to describe Mega Evolutions. They're uncreative, they're not clever, they're not funny, and since every time new pokemon are shown, there is always that group of people who say they look like Digimon, so it has already gotten old. Also, isn't normal evolution just as similar to digivolution? A monster transforms normally into a bigger monster, the concept has been there forever. This whole comparison is just plain stupid.

Mega evolutions are Mega evolutions, simple as that.

Here's a way for Pokemon to die for you: Stop going to any Pokemon websites and don't buy the games. If you don't like the concepts, fine that's your opinion, but there are many of us who are looking forward to the games and actually like Mega Evolutions, so wishing for a franchise to die just because you don't like a concept is very selfish. Finally, I'm not even going to comment on the "Pokemon has run out ideals hurr durr" remark because like the Digimon comparison, it's old and dumb.
The same could be said of the Megaevos. I'd normally agree with this,but come on! If this isn't jumping the shark, I don't know what is.

My current pet theory on Mega Evolution is that a mon has to have maxed-out EVs (maybe in particular stats, who knows?) in order to be able to use a Mega Stone to mega evolve.

Think about it:
-The new gym leader Korrina apparently holds the secret to mega evolution
-She is located in the same town as the super training facility according to Serebii
-super training facility makes it easier to raise EVs
-you can now keep track of EVs in a meter, so it's easy enough to see how close you are to MegaEvolution if this is the case.

Thoughts?

I actually think (with this renovation of the ev system) that pokemon will no longer give ev's. As in experience is still earned, but the ev's are not. Basically they strip the "ev's gained" from the pokemon. So for instance Bascullin still gives you experince, but not the 2 speed ev's.

If you think about it, it doesn't make sense for pokemon to give EVs, if there is the menu showing what your "Kiso"(EVs) points are only at the super training facility. People would be annoyed/find inconvinient if EVs increase in trainer/wild battles and they find to their surprise in the super training facility that they maxed evs in the wrong places, as you can only view evs in the super training facility.

Only the super training mini games, I feel will give evs, not pokemon.

I feel EVs completely ruin the fun of having the journey from starter to E4. I hate how you are forced to face pokemon that give you evs in stats that you don't need in-game. Abra forced to face machop as an example, by a trainer battle that cannot be avoided.

I always liked gold and silver's sytem because evs weren't the way they are now. SO forced battles of abra and machop doesn't solely increase attack, it increases all the stats proportional to machops base stats.

In BW/BW2 I have to carefully choose which pokemon to face who, so they get evs in the right places. I would love it if evs were not gained by battle but only super training. Now you don't have to be so picky with pokemon match ups.

Last edited:
I actually think (with this renovation of the ev system) that pokemon will no longer give ev's. As in experience is still earned, but the ev's are not. Basically they strip the "ev's gained" from the pokemon. So for instance Bascullin still gives you experince, but not the 2 speed ev's.

If you think about it, it doesn't make sense for pokemon to give EVs, if there is the menu showing what your "Kiso"(EVs) points are only at the super training facility. People would be annoyed/find inconvinient if EVs increase in trainer/wild battles and they find to their surprise in the super training facility that they maxed evs in the wrong places, as you can only view evs in the super training facility.

I feel EVs completely ruin the fun of having the journey from starter to E4. I hate how you are forced to face pokemon that give you evs in stats that you don't need in-game. Abra forced to face machop as an example, by a trainer battle that cannot be avoided.

I always liked gold and silver's sytem because evs weren't the way they are now. SO forced battles of abra and machop doesn't solely increase attack, it increases all the stats proportional to machops base stats.

In BW/BW2 I have to carefully choose which pokemon to face who, so they get evs in the right places. I would love it if evs were not gained by battle but only super training. Now you don't have to be so picky with pokemon match ups.
I would hate this. I for one don't want to play stupid mini-games to ev. The old system is fine. So what if you got random evs, you can clear them with berries. But then again hwo often do you actually ev and use the pokemon through your normal play through? (For the required, I am not against the mini-game eving, just stating I for one given the choice will do it the old way.)

I would hate this. I for one don't want to play stupid mini-games to ev. The old system is fine. So what if you got random evs, you can clear them with berries. But then again hwo often do you actually ev and use the pokemon through your normal play through? (For the required, I am not against the mini-game eving, just stating I for one given the choice will do it the old way.)
You'd choose a method that takes much longer,is more tedious, and is in general harder to do? I don't understand this at all unless you REALLY hate minigames.

... Eh. I'm almost positive that the prospect of earning EVs through defeating Pokemon will be at least explained to the player so they understand why their Pokemon already have effort values once they begin to Super Train. There's also the possibility that the "Get rid of EVs for friendship" berries will make a more accessible return this gen, or that there may be a whole new way to delete unwanted EVs.

The Pokemonite are just an extension of eviolite in the other direction. They boost fully evolved Pokes with higher stats, potentially a different ability, typing, and design. I think it's quite neat and hope it will actually be useful (ie, they'd better transform on their own without using a move). I'm salivating at a faster Absol with more attack and speed plus Magic Bounce. MegaEvolutions allow older Pokes to be boosted in battle without forcing the player to permanently evolve them into a different design. All the people who complained about Misdreavus->Mismagius or Magmar->Magmortar should be happy.

I'd thought about something like this for making Zen Mode Darmanitan useful. It'd need an item to keep it in forme.

Blazikenite can't be found through normal gameplay. I assume that a character-specific item like that wouldn't be disposable. Mega Stones are definitely the new Soul Dew.
I would laugh if Soul Dew ends up becoming the Mega Stones for Lati@s and give them a transformation that would make them into fierce jetplanes with the base stats equivalent of +1 to Sp.A and Sp.D of the regular. I wouldn't want this, since tbh I find the innocence of both of the Lati's to be one of the main reasons why I like them so much, but it's still something to think about nonetheless.

... Eh. I'm almost positive that the prospect of earning EVs through defeating Pokemon will be at least explained to the player so they understand why their Pokemon already have effort values once they begin to Super Train. There's also the possibility that the "Get rid of EVs for friendship" berries will make a more accessible return this gen, or that there may be a whole new way to delete unwanted EVs.

How are kids supposed to keep track of which pokemon gives what evs, if defeating a pokemon gives only 1 ev? I'm sure 1 ev will not change the "base stats" graph displayed in super training by enough so that its noticeable that 1 ev was gained in say atk. And I'm pretty sure you can only view the "base stats" graph at the super training facility only. Not in the pokemon status screen.

Why are people assuming that pokemon with 2 types currently will get a type change? There's nothing to indicate that, so maybe we should hold off on the speculation of Fire/Dragon Charizard and all that.

I want them to keep the old way to get EV. I like having options. There are people who don't want to EV train their pokemon through minigames. It's just a fact. More options = more fun and an easier time for everyone. I also have a feeling berries will me making a return sense we'd need the berries in some fashion. It's also possible that Game Freak will make new ways to get rid of EVs or have some way to transfer EVs from one stat to another.

I want them to keep the old way to get EV. I like having options. There are people who don't want to EV train their pokemon through minigames. It's just a fact. More options = more fun and an easier time for everyone. I also have a feeling berries will me making a return sense we'd need the berries in some fashion. It's also possible that Game Freak will make new ways to get rid of EVs or have some way to transfer EVs from one stat to another.
I'm fine with that as long as it's easily accessible from the beginning.

I just thought that with the Mega stuff it would be hilarious to pop up here. Not gonna stick around though.

On a less spammy note, I've noticed that my "namesake" seems to be a huge middle finger at Darkrai. More Speed means it'd be harder for Darkrai to outspeed it if it's not running +Speed as well as Insomnia so it can go "lol Dark Void."

I don't think the old way of EV training is gone, since the official site states that "Pokémon gain experience and grow stronger by battling with other Pokémon." However, the site also says: "The outside (yellow) part of the graph shows the base stat increases that your Pokémon has achieved through Super Training." So EVs earned through wild/trainer battles are probably hidden.

I don't think the old way of EV training is gone, since the official site states that "Pokémon gain experience and grow stronger by battling with other Pokémon." However, the site also says: "The outside (yellow) part of the graph shows the base stat increases that your Pokémon has achieved through Super Training." So EVs earned through wild/trainer battles are probably hidden.
That would seem silly on the part of Game Freak. Only being able to show EVs obtained through Super Training would make things bad given that you wouldn't be able to see the stats you have through traditional EV training so you have no idea what to take out and what to put in. I think you either took it out of context or they took the traditional EV training out. I certainly hope it's the former.

ok we need a dragon/fire megazard fast

I do actually hope they expand the number of Mega Evolutions. There are a bounty of Pokemon that need an upgrade, and it would be intriguing to have both Pokemon to look and have fun with (for example, kricketune) and also be able to battle with said Pokemon effectively. I think picking Ampharos to show off may indicate this, along with Absol and Mawile.

Or, maybe just a handful including a few select legendaries and starters. I'm conflicted. I either want a bunch of MegaEvos or only a couple. No in between.

So what's the probability that any of these MEvos will become full-blown evos in Gen 7 (obviously not stuff like MegaBlaziken)?

So what's the probability that any of these MEvos will become full-blown evos in Gen 7 (obviously not stuff like MegaBlaziken)?
We can't really say just yet, considering we know literally nothing about the 7th generation besides that there will be starters and legendaries and a new map.

We really don't know much about sixth gen, even, so thinking that far ahead might be counting your eggs before they hatch. It will depend heavily on how many MegaEvos are made in Generation 6, or whether this will be like the gender differences and will be mostly forgotten in the next generation.

We can't really say just yet, considering we know literally nothing about the 7th generation besides that there will be starters and legendaries and a new map.

We really don't know much about sixth gen, even, so thinking that far ahead might be counting your eggs before they hatch. It will depend heavily on how many MegaEvos are made in Generation 6, or whether this will be like the gender differences and will be mostly forgotten in the next generation.
I think it would be awesome if every pokemon of the species didn't look exactly the same. Two of the same pokemon right next to each other will always look identical, unless they are shiny or have gender differences. It would be cool if every pokemon had some random variability to make it look unique, so my Emolga won't look exactly like your Emolga.

Perhaps Pokemon Amie will play a role in meeting the requirements to Mega Evolve. You may have to have max friendship, just like how you need to have max friendship to learn the "starter hyper beams" like Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, and also with Draco Meteor as well. Speaking of the starters, I will be seriously bummed if they don't all get mega evolutions. It makes me slightly nervous that the Torchic line has been put into the spotlight, because it's seems like they might be the only starter line to get a mega evolution, and that would seriously be a bummer to a lot of players, including me. I want Swampert to get a mega form very very badly.

MegaMeganium should exist.

Perhaps Pokemon Amie will play a role in meeting the requirements to Mega Evolve. You may have to have max friendship, just like how you need to have max friendship to learn the "starter hyper beams" like Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, and also with Draco Meteor as well. Speaking of the starters, I will be seriously bummed if they don't all get mega evolutions. It makes me slightly nervous that the Torchic line has been put into the spotlight, because it's seems like they might be the only starter line to get a mega evolution, and that would seriously be a bummer to a lot of players, including me. I want Swampert to get a mega form very very badly.

MegaMeganium should exist.
I don't know about every starter, but I will be really surprised if Charizard and Blastoise don't get ones,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)