Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic, yes, finding a way to retain old mons would be great. But they really need to do something about Level 9 or under Zekrom and "Legal Hacks" (aka RNG Abuse). But I guess people will just continue playing on online emulators.
Assuming that there's ever a 3DS emulator in the first place...

So, has anyone started thinking about what's gonna go on their in-game team? I know it's a bit early to be thinking about that, considering how little we know about the available Pokémon, but that hasn't stopped me from doing some early planning. Did the same for Black Version before we even knew all the Unova Pokémon. Due to picking out my entire team before we knew all the options, I ended up with a team of Emboar, Simisage, Basculin (Red-Striped), Klinklang, Zoroark, and Swoobat. And it was an awesome team. Wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

Anyway, right now, as you can see from my signature, I've so far decided that my team for Y will include Chespin, Helioptile, Skrelp, and Noivern. The only one of those that has even the slightest chance of being changed is Noivern, and even then, they gotta introduce one badass Fly user for me to reconsider using Noivern. I'm torn between Houndour and Litleo for my Fire-type, I'm gonna wait until we know more about Litleo's evolved form(s) before I make my decision. I'll be honest, though, I'm leaning more and more towards Litleo in any case at this moment, even though I've never used Houndour on an in-game team outside of Pokémon XD. And the sixth slot? Totally undecided. Swirlix would have been a competitor for that spot if it wasn't X exclusive, though it might still be, depending on how quickly I can breed in X and trade the Egg over to Y.

So, has anyone started thinking about what's gonna go on their in-game team?
yeah im gonna have froakie hes the coolest starter and a cloud frog thing could be interesting
torchic because i want a mega asap and i love blaziken
fletchling for my flyer and talonflame looks pretty cool
skrelp because its a poison seahorse which is a nice concept
helioplite because lizards are cool
and sixth slo is to be decided

listen to the first 16 seconds of this

One can infer from this that, at the very least, gen1-2 Pokémon are getting a revamped voice.
yay!
Cool new cries. Of course, now I gotta try and memorize everything's cry all over again- I can identify nearly any Pokémon by its cry (obviously I can't distinguish between those with identical cries, like Charizard and Rhyhorn, or Omanyte and Machop). The battle music, however, is awesome!

To answer Missingno. Master's question about my in-game team... IDK. I know I'm getting that Torchic, but now it's a tossup between Chespin and Froakie as to who's joining Torchic. But I do want an Inkay and I'm considering either Helioptile or Dedenne.

On the topic, yes, finding a way to retain old mons would be great. But they really need to do something about Level 9 or under Zekrom and "Legal Hacks" (aka RNG Abuse). But I guess people will just continue playing on online emulators.
Exactly.

Hopefully they look into this problem, because it was one of the most irritating things I experienced online.

Assuming that there's ever a 3DS emulator in the first place...
Well, wouldn't matter. Yes, nobody'll probably care enough to make so many 3D models from scratch. But at least you can still play with 2D models, just with Generation VI mons too. Most of the Metagame today takes place on online emulators.

listen to the first 16 seconds of this
Neat. Although I'm still mad that they changed Pikachu's Cry. The games and the anime were different canons. Mixing them.. just.. isn't right.

Well, wouldn't matter. Yes, nobody'll probably care enough to make so many 3D models from scratch. But at least you can still play with 2D models, just with Generation VI mons too. Most of the Metagame today takes place on online emulators.

Neat. Although I'm still mad that they changed Pikachu's Cry. The games and the anime were different canons. Mixing them.. just.. isn't right.
OH! The word you're looking for is "simulator" lol

With the Torchic event coming out, I'm pretty sure I'll be starting with Chespin. My goal is not to repeat any types the first time through, so that immediately eliminates Fennekin and potentially precludes Froakie if it ends up becoming part Fighting. I'll probably pick up a Fairy-type for sure, maybe Sylveon. We'll see though, I might even go ahead and get both X and Y to have 2 teams and access to all the exclusives.

EDIT: And quite honestly, I really wouldn't mind if we lost the ability to transfer pokemon over. It seems unlikely, but it would provide all the more incentive to do Hoenn remakes and have truly varied regional pokedexes for all of the Gen 6 games.

Unless they charge money to trade with someone then that's impossible.
It seems highly unlikely that they are going to charge money for trading with someone.
Anyone have any guesses about what types the elite four are going to be?

I swear, if in XY it's not possible to complete the national dex without paying extra money, I am going to smash my copy of X with a hammer.
That doesn't change the principle, and I'd frown on anyone who's support that.
So I guess you are implying paid DLC Pokémon? Aside from that it has always been true that if you want every pokemon for your dex, "someone" has paid money to make it happen. Usually this was by buying a version you don't have.

It seems highly unlikely that they are going to charge money for trading with someone.
Anyone have any guesses about what types the elite four are going to be?
Assuming that Bug, Fairy, Electric, Rock, and Fighting are out of the question, I'd like to see Poison, Ice, Ghost, and Steel. Poison isn't known for its offensive techniques but I'd like to see it in the E4. It's good against Fairies, too, which I'm sure everyone will be using. Ice is ice, and tends to show up either as a gym or as an E4 type. I don't want to see it as the last "strongest" type (too many weaknesses), but I think second is a good place for it. Ghost is always a cool type, and although we had it in the E4 last time I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Finally, Steel has yet to be featured in the E4 and has enough resistances to make it a decently difficult final type. The champion should be mixed, like Cynthia.

EDIT: These four types don't share too many weaknesses that aren't covered by the others, either, so I think it'd work out well.

So I guess you are implying paid DLC Pokémon? Aside from that it has always been true that if you want every pokemon for your dex, "someone" has paid money to make it happen. Usually this was by buying a version you don't have.
Charging for a game is a bit different than charging to move around some data on your cart. At what point do they stop? When they charge for more trainers in PWT and for basic online features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)