Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure it was confirmed that the NVE/SE message is shown by a video of the demo..
Ice might get the resist instead of Psychic and Ice arguably needs it more. Their only niche left was to Ice Shard Dragons and with Fairy being the new Dragon slayer type, it would make sense to bring life to Ice types.
Has it been confirmed the message appears even if the pokémon faints? I haven't seen that one yet.

And that months-old Pokémon Smash sketch with Sylveon had her easily breaking a block of ice. I know that's not saying much, but I doubt Ice will resist Fairy, as much as I'd love it. We already have an interesting dynamic with Dragon-Steel-Fairy, might as well add Ice to the mix.

@Anartya But there's no way of knowing if Exxegutor's type has been retconned to Grass/Fairy, is it? I know it's far out there, but it's a point of view. Once again, like I said, we're better off waiting for the next CoroCoro.
You can catch Pokemon in the demo, can't you? If someone caught an Exxegutor, then checked the party, we could see for sure if his type was retconned. But honestly, we all know that no one's going to do that.

@Anartya But there's no way of knowing if Exxegutor's type has been retconned to Grass/Fairy, is it? I know it's far out there, but it's a point of view. Once again, like I said, we're better off waiting for the next CoroCoro.
Like I said, psybeam had the text "not very effective" when used on Exeggutor, and people have used psybeam on flabebe and there was no text box that said not very effective. People have also used fennekin's psybeam on chespin and it did neutral. This is CONFIRMATION that Exeggutor is STILL Grass/Psychic and NOT Grass/Fairy. And NO it's NOT retconned to Grass/Steel.

@Squishyfrog: The summmary page is disabled in the demo. SO you can't check it's type

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No, that screen only shows level, gender, absence/presence of a hold item, species, name, status, and HP.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yes, it has been confirmed in the italian video. Fennekin KO Exeggutor with a Fire move and it said its super effective.
Yeah, I even checked the whole video to confirm whether the SE/NVE message was skipped when it was a OHKO (that is, the pokémon was KOed in a single move), and it wasn't. Gabite fainted to a single Fairy Wind and the game showed the proper message.

Such a shame.

So what are you guys talking about? I want to know.
A video finally came around showing Fairy Wind being used on Exeggutor. It did neutral damage which goes against information from the leak.

People have tried coming up with explanations such as the effectiveness message being skipped for KOs, Grass being weak to Fairy resulting in a neutral attack or Exeggutor being retyped to Grass/Fairy. They've all been disproven, though.

I literally have no reason to hold onto the assumed effectiveness of fairy on psychic, but isn't it just possible they didn't want to show all of Fairy's effectiveness and disabled it in that scenario. I mean they didnt give Gabite a dragon move, which seems awfully intentional, so what about just making it so that Fairy Wind did normal damage to hide the type-chart

I literally have no reason to hold onto the assumed effectiveness of fairy on psychic, but isn't it just possible they didn't want to show all of Fairy's effectiveness and disabled it in that scenario. I mean they didnt give Gabite a dragon move, which seems awfully intentional, so what about just making it so that Fairy Wind did normal damage to hide the type-chart
I believe it was shown to be not very effective against fire-types.

I hope they transfered the Fairy resistance to Ice. It doesn't make as much sense as Psychic resisting it but whatever.

Uh I don't think the Exeggutor being grass/fairy has been disproven. Doesn't seem likely but it's not impossible.
The post that confirmed Fairy being neutral to Grass on Serebii also confirms it being neutral to itself. That means it's possible that it could be either.

However, Psychic has been confirmed to do neutral damage to Fairy. Exeggutor was shown to take reduced damage from Psybeam. So, I stand by my statement.

The discussion is a bit hard to follow, though. So there may be misinformation somewhere.

[

But seriously, this is the reason I wanted to see official type chart even though I trusted the leaker. It's to be sure no mistake was made (for whatever reason).
Id like to see the chart in the hope they tweak other types a tad beside accounting for fairy. A sky high hope maybe but itd be nice.

Look, guys, I know it sucks to think the leak isn't 100% accurate, but hedging your bets on a near-unique typing being changed....
I agree with R_N.
I don't think Exeggutor's typing has changed.Its near unique(only Celebi and him).There seems no apparent reason to re type it.

Id like to see the chart in the hope they tweak other types a tad beside accounting for fairy. A sky high hope maybe but itd be nice.
The last time types were added, they changed a lot of the match ups.
"The biggest difference between the two charts is the addition of the Dark and Steel types to the second chart. Among relationships that were already in the chart, Bug was made ½× effective against Poison instead of 2×, and Poison was changed from 2× to 1× against Bug. Ghost was made 2× against Psychic, as opposed to 0×. Also, Ice was adjusted to deal ½× damage toFire as opposed to 1×."

They could do a full rebalance, there's precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)