Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that there's reasonable doubt to believe that Geomancy doesn't deal damage, but why is everyone speculating about how it would work compared to former recovery moves? It was never officially stated to heal Hp >_>
If we're allowed to make guesses, my bet is that it switches your opponent's Pokemon and locks the new one in the field. 5 pp is all you need to sweep teams that are reliant on switching in between themselves. AND if Xerneas is speedy in the slightest, it can keep itself alive by switching the opponent out before they can even touch him, should this be the effect of Geomancy.

They have the obedience system so you can't just use level 100 mons from your last playthrough to win so maybe it won't be postgame
It would be impressive if they found a way to lock the use of Pokemon Bank until you beat the game, even if you downloaded it before beating the game. Chances are they didn't build the game with a barrier in mind, and unless they decided that any X or Y game being used needs a Hall of Fame record before you can move Pokemon around (which would be downright rude), I don't see why it would be only post-game

I hope Pokemon X and Y has 2 or more save files........

P.S Woohoo! I have a 3DS!!
P.S.S I will definitely choose Fennekin because all of the games has FEW fire type pokemons :(
Considering that there is a whole team having a fire look, I think this gen might change!

Also litleo. I think his evo will be the best thing ever.

Agreed every gen because of the lack of many fire types I had to choose the fire starter even though most were cool I hated Emboar. But this gen I think I could just get Froakie and get other fire mons :D

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If CoroCoro is slated to come out on the 12th, shouldn't we be expecting a leak soon?
I'm sure CoroCoro only comes out earlier in August. It's expected now to come on the 15th, so it most likely will leak by the 12th.

Guys, regarding the Politoed vs Sylveon argument, we may have missed something that should've been but wasn't obvious...

I noticed that Politoed and Sylveon were of opposite genders. What if Cute Charm was buffed to reduce damage taken by the Pokemon from opponents of opposite genders? I know the implications would be huge, as seeing the calcs, Cute Charm would reduce the damage by half, meaning Cute Charm pokemon would become tanks against like 1/3 of the whole Pokemon population.

Looking at some demos like this one at 3:30, I cannot be certain whether the Cute Charm effect is still applied here. Gabite and Sylveon are indeed of opposite genders, but the move (probably Take Down) still did like just over 1/4~, so no dice yet.
So it would be a defensive Rivalry? Seems legit.

Lol i just got the feeling gamefreak will troll us like this:
Fennekin fire
2nd evo: fire
3rd evo: Fire/psychic (everyone is happy)
MEGA evo: Fire/Fighting (everyone raging)
Better troll.
Feenekin: Fire
First evo: Fire/Fighting, everyone quits.
Second evo: Fire/Psychic, only known to the guy who was happy it was Fire/Fighting.

I can understand that there's reasonable doubt to believe that Geomancy doesn't deal damage, but why is everyone speculating about how it would work compared to former recovery moves? It was never officially stated to heal Hp >_>
While its true that there have been no official statements, what we've seen of the move seems to be focused on Xerneas, not on the opposing Pokemon, which leads me to believe that it is either a strong stat boosting move, a healing move, or a charge move (like Solarbeam, Wish, or Future Sight). Its entirely possible that Geomancy is an offensive move, but because of Xerneas' defensive appearance and the beginning of the animation, it doesnt seem unreasonable to assume that its defensive.

And a combination Mean Look/Roar sounds like an interesting move. It would be fun to play with and not fun at all to play against.

Guys, regarding the Politoed vs Sylveon argument, we may have missed something that should've been but wasn't obvious...

I noticed that Politoed and Sylveon were of opposite genders. What if Cute Charm was buffed to reduce damage taken by the Pokemon from opponents of opposite genders? I know the implications would be huge, as seeing the calcs, Cute Charm would reduce the damage by half, meaning Cute Charm pokemon would become tanks against like 1/3 of the whole Pokemon population.

Looking at some demos like this one at 3:30, I cannot be certain whether the Cute Charm effect is still applied here. Gabite and Sylveon are indeed of opposite genders, but the move (probably Take Down) still did like just over 1/4~, so no dice yet.
Never considered that. Would become a great ability.

Well, that certainly would be interesting, more so if the simulators hadn't implemented the random gender option, but it would definitely have a niche if it was changed like that.

Well, that certainly would be interesting, more so if the simulators hadn't implemented the random gender option, but it would definitely have a niche if it was changed like that.
Yea when the default was male instead of random you could abuse Rivalry, Attract and such pretty easily. Still sort of useful though.

We haven't heard anything relating to when you can do it, actually.
They haven't even said how the games access it
Does this not count as how to access it?:

All you have to do is download Pokémon Bank on your Nintendo 3DS system, insert your Pokémon X or Pokémon Y Game Card, and open the Pokémon Bank application.
Anyway, doubt there's any limitation on it. And with the GTS allowing you to search for Pokemon you haven't seen, I think they've decided to be more open in general this generation.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Chespin gets Wood Hammer, so it's likely to be some in-game power house. If it gets Sucker Punch on top of its almost obligatory Mega Evolution, I'm not too worried for it even competitively.

Chespin gets Wood Hammer, so it's likely to be some in-game power house. If it gets Sucker Punch on top of its almost obligatory Mega Evolution, I'm not too worried for it even competitively.
Wood Hammer + Head Smash + new Dark Double Edge + Rockhead or Reckless on the MEvo = yes

Reactions: PME

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wood Hammer + Head Smash + new Dark Double Edge + Rockhead or Reckless on the MEvo = yes
That sounds godly. I'm still wishing against the whole Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark trio thing. I really want Froakie to be flying.. And I have a feeling Chespin might be Rock. Idk.

Yeah I really do not want a dark fighting psychic trio! For 1, it's not even balanced! The good thing about grass, fire and water is that they are balanced both ways. Fire is strong against grass but weak to water, grass is strong against water, but weak to fire, and water is strong against fire, but weak against grass. Going both ways, defensive and offensive, makes the triangle balanced. However, with the psychic dark fighting trio, there is a disadvantage for one of the types, psychic. The triangle works offensively, but fails defensely as it leaves dark with an immunity, thus giving it an advantage but psychic a disadvantage. If we add on the other types, grass, fire and water,

Grass would have 5 x2 weaknesses and also 1 4x weakness, 6 x2 resistances, 1 immunity
Fire would have 5 x2 weaknesses, 6 x2 resistances
Water would have 4 x2 weaknesses, 7 x2 resistances

Overall, water type has the most gain from this with the least weaknesses and most resistances, however the typing triangle partly balances out with grass's immunity to psychic, although with the only x4 weakness, grass is still very vulnerable. We will just have to wait and see when the starters evolution types are revealed!

So you'd be able to get the games through the 3DS XLs before they come out? How do you figure this?
No.... not at all. IF they decide to do it this way then the codes would work when... you know... the games come out on the eshop.

No.... not at all. IF they decide to do it this way then the codes would work when... you know... the games come out on the eshop.
well, that'll be good to know. I also hope they'll be around for long enough for me to ask for it for Christmas. How long do LE 3DSs last usually?

Reactions: PME
well, that'll be good to know. I also hope they'll be around for long enough for me to ask for it for Christmas. How long do LE 3DSs last usually?
Even if they were discontinued before the holiday season it could be bought early for you and kept hidden. That being said I have no idea.

But I digress from the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)