Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop spreading these uncomfirmed lies. We do not know if it is just their original ability which is changed. Blaziken KEEPS its dream world ability, and may gain a different ability when non Speed Boost Blaziken is used. The same could apply to all the other starters which have been released (As in mega Venu could keep Chlorophyll, just like Blaziken kept Speed Boost). Game Freak are deliberately not letting us get a hold of a huge amount of info to keep us guessing and guessing.
Torchic with its hidden ability is from a Japanese event, isn't it? Maybe this is GameFreak's way of officially releasing it to everybody.

Edit: Well, nevermind. The Gen 1 starters don't gain their hidden abilities in mega form. I think they were Japan exclusive too. Maybe GameFreak is taking advantage of that, haha.

Last edited:
I wonder if every Mega Evolution would be equal in terms of viability. Probably not. In my opinion, Mega Blaziken seems to be the most powerful of the revealed ones. Maybe Mega Pokemon wouldn't break the Metagame. But if Blaziken stays in Uber, then literally everyone will dump Blaziken for Mega Blaziken, because it has increased Attack and Special Attack stat and still retains Speed Boost. And something like Thick Fat Venusaur loses out on a wonderful ability in Chlorophyll. Maybe we'll start seeing Defensive Venusaur more often. And poor little Charizard will probably be bumped up to RU or UU.
It would need a pretty big power increase to make up for LO. In fact, the more powerful a pokemon is atm, the less likely the mega evo would have use, but to the item lock.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Did anyone notice in the Super Training video that Sylveon was shown to be at Lv.2?

This confirms a couple of things for me.
1. Sylveon MOST LIKELY evolves from Eevee via Happiness while holding an item, so it won't become an Espeon or an Umbreon.
2. Sylveon probably doesn't evolve from a new evolution stone.
3. Sylveon probably doesn't evolve from the time of day.

What do you guys think? It's also nice to know that you can go RIGHT into Super Training your pokes after they hatch.
Huh? Where do you get Sylveon?
It isn't, it's Magneton.

And 8 additional points in Special Attack for a Lv 2 Pokemon? I don't think so.
I think it's Level 2 of the training program or a task.

I hope they do a better job of hiding the legendaries that are supposed to come later. (ex. Darkrai, Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, Deoxys)

Please stop spreading these uncomfirmed lies. We do not know if it is just their original ability which is changed. Blaziken KEEPS its dream world ability, and may gain a different ability when non Speed Boost Blaziken is used. The same could apply to all the other starters which have been released (As in mega Venu could keep Chlorophyll, just like Blaziken kept Speed Boost). Game Freak are deliberately not letting us get a hold of a huge amount of info to keep us guessing and guessing.
Speed boost aside we do know these abilities are mega specific and have for a while.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Speed boost aside we do know these abilities are mega specific and have for a while.
If you can point me to hard evidence which suggests this I will listen, until then I haven't read anything that actually forces Mega evos to have a single ability. We do not know if they can have one or two abilities in their mega formes... Maybe Intimidate becomes Huge Power while Hyper Cutter becomes something else on Mawile... We just do not know.

I hope they do a better job of hiding the legendaries that are supposed to come later. (ex. Darkrai, Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, Deoxys)
People will find it if its on the game no matter what. They need to find a way to add them to the game later without their data already being on the cart

If you can point me to hard evidence which suggests this I will listen, until then I haven't read anything that actually forces Mega evos to have a single ability. We do not know if they can have one or two abilities in their mega formes... Maybe Intimidate becomes Huge Power while Hyper Cutter becomes something else on Mawile... We just do not know.
The language used implies only one ability. Otherwise they would likely specify "When Mawile mega evolves with Intimidate....." or "Only this event Torchic can mega evolve into Speed Boost Mega Blaizken!"

The language used implies only one ability. Otherwise they would likely specify "When Mawile mega evolves with Intimidate....." or "Only this event Torchic can mega evolve into Speed Boost Mega Blaizken!"
It may imply it, but it doesn't specifically exclude other things. I'm sure there's been plenty of cases where X pokemon was revealed to have Y ability, but once the game came out we found that it could have ability Z as well. I'm not optimistic that Megas will have access to more than one ability (especially with the new focus on their new, tailor-made abilities), but it could happen. We just don't know.

At 14:38, this Nintendo rep specifically says "As a player, it's fun to imagine how each Pokemon will turn out with Mega Evolution. I want to see what happens to every single Pokemon, how they will all look as Mega Evolutions."

CoroCoro said that not every Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions, but I think this pretty heavily implies that most if not all fully evolved pokes will be able to MEvo. Thoughts?
Maybe he meant any player not himself in particular, also I doubt all or even most fully evolved Pokemon. It SEEMS to me that Mega Evolution is reserved for a few (relatively) select Pokemon. I could be wrong and if I am, well this is relevant:

YOU GET A MEGALUTION, YOU GET A MEGULATION, EVERYBODY GETS A MEGALUTION!!

People will find it if its on the game no matter what. They need to find a way to add them to the game later without their data already being on the cart
We will not be able to check their existence from data before people crack 3DS. That could be years.

I really want to know whether Mega Evolution is permanent for the remainder of the battle, as that will help in understanding how many times you can Mega Evolve in one battle... It's going to be nice when we can stop speculating all these little details.

I assume MegaEvos are locked into their own abilities. MegaAmpharos gets Mold Breaker, therefore upon mega-evolving whatever Ampharos' ability was gets replaced with Mold Breaker. They way it has been presented, I'm not sure why you would think otherwise. They've never specified that X ability on Mawile becomes Y on MegaMawile, wile A ability turns into B. It is possible I guess, but they haven't said anything that makes me infer otherwise.

Check the comparisons for Absol, Mawile and Lucario and their Mega Evolutions on the official site.

For both of them it says both of their normal abilities for their normal form and only the one ability for their Mega. It leaves out their DW abilities from the scheme of things, however.(It leaves out the DW abilities for everything. Strangely it doesn't list any ability for normal Blaziken.)

If nothing else, this proves that all normal abilities will be replaced by the same ability. DW is up in the air if you're looking for hard proof, but I doubt it'll have an effect.

I really want to know whether Mega Evolution is permanent for the remainder of the battle, as that will help in understanding how many times you can Mega Evolve in one battle... It's going to be nice when we can stop speculating all these little details.

I assume MegaEvos are locked into their own abilities. MegaAmpharos gets Mold Breaker, therefore upon mega-evolving whatever Ampharos' ability was gets replaced with Mold Breaker. They way it has been presented, I'm not sure why you would think otherwise. They've never specified that X ability on Mawile becomes Y on MegaMawile, wile A ability turns into B. It is possible I guess, but they haven't said anything that makes me infer otherwise.
From the way these have been presented, it seems like Megas will go ahead and evolve and remain that way until the end of the match. It says they revert back at the end of the battle so I feel like that's evidence enough that they stay in Mega Form from the point you activate the stone until the very end, including switching.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
@Wishy

Quoting has broken for this post, no idea why

Yes, but they have not said anything about Dream World Abilities.

Check the comparisons for Absol, Mawile and Lucario and their Mega Evolutions on the official site.

For both of them it says both of their normal abilities for their normal form and only the one ability for their Mega. It leaves out their DW abilities from the scheme of things, however.(It leaves out the DW abilities for everything. Strangely it doesn't list any ability for normal Blaziken.)

If nothing else, this proves that all normal abilities will be replaced by the same ability. DW is up in the air if you're looking for hard proof, but I doubt it'll have an effect.
Whilst this is true and I am not arguing that, it never mentions any Dream World Abilities. Infact, I think the fact they ignore Blaze is purely for this reason. My argument was about the DW abilities, nothing more than that (Mawile was a bad example in terms of having 3 rather than 2 abilities). The very fact that they have not put down any ability for Blaziken kinda confirms that to me. Maybe Megas will KEEP their DW abilities, in which case, Ampharos/Mawile are shafted whilst others get even larger boosts like Mega Venu and Mega Blaze.

Last edited:
Whilst this is true and I am not arguing that, it never mentions any Dream World Abilities. Infact, I think the fact they ignore Blaze is purely for this reason. My argument was about the DW abilities, nothing more than that (Mawile was a bad example in terms of having 3 rather than 2 abilities). The very fact that they have not put down any ability for Blaziken kinda confirms that to me. Maybe Megas will KEEP their DW abilities, in which case, Ampharos/Mawile are shafted whilst others get even larger boosts like Mega Venu and Mega Blaze.
Mawile would have been a fine example if you hadn't mentioned both of its normal abilities instead of a normal ability and its hidden ability. You did, though, so I offered proof that wasn't happening.

I'm open to the idea of them having separate abilities for DW versions, though I still feel it's unlikely from how it's been handled. However, using the absence of proof as proof isn't something I can get behind on either side. Leaving out Blaziken's ability doesn't necessarily support the idea of separate abilities. Similarly, not saying anything about them having two abilities doesn't really prove they won't. Both sides can only speculate and say which they think is more likely at this point.

Edit: To add to the final point, I know that's what's happening already for the most part. It hasn't quite devolved into pointless arguing/fighting yet haha. Just felt like pointing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)