Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refer you to my last post. And it would horrible if everything became three stage.
Seconding this. If a Pokemon doesn't have an evolution, it's because it's design is already considered "complete" by Game Freak. Also, didn't Game Freak take a bunch of flak when D/P were released because they "took designs too far"?
Because if anything, that would make it incredibly unlikely for any more Pokemon to receive an evolution in a later generation. In fact, that may be a reason they introduced Mega Evolutions, because they learned their lesson about taking designs too far, and they would have taken even more flak if they introduced more "regular" evolutions.

It will be fun watching Xerneas' impact on Ubers and how the Dragons react. Rayquaza? Terrified. Every other Dragon bar Dialga? Xerneas is switching into Outrage and laughing at them as they cannot do shit with Outrages and Draco Meteors, only their secondary STABs. Dialga carrying Iron Head or Flash Cannon just to beat Xerneas. And Arceus-Dragon is hilariously screwed over, having to run SLUDGE BOMB or FLASH CANNON to avoid being walled, because Xerneas is immune to Dragon Judgment and resists Focus Blast. Tyranitar and Darkrai (after sleep clause) are being shit on as well, as they can't do much to Xerneas with Crunches and Dark Pulses.

I will get Pokemon X instead of Y JUST FOR XERNEAS.
Who needs Arceus-Dragon when you can have Arceus-Fairy? Come on, you know they'll release a Fairy Plate, and with all the Dragon types running around Ubers, it has the potential to be a top-tier threat, possibly even more than you're making Xerneas out to be, as it will almost undoubtably have a higher BST, higher speed, and either higher offenses or defenses, and I'm not even going to get into Arceus's massive movepool, but I suppose this isn't the right place to be discussing this.

Last edited:
Seconding this. If a Pokemon doesn't have an evolution, it's because it's design is already considered "complete" by Game Freak. Also, didn't Game Freak take a bunch of flak when D/P were released because they "took designs too far"?
Because if anything, that would make it incredibly unlikely for any more Pokemon to receive an evolution in a later generation. In fact, that may be a reason they introduced Mega Evolutions, because they learned their lesson about taking designs too far, and they would have taken even more flak if they introduced more "regular" evolutions.
I don't know why they received flak. 4th gen was my favorite besides 2nd. i liked almost all of fourth gens Pokemon.

I love how people criticize Vanillite and Trubbish when Gen 1 has pokeball and upside-down pokeball as pokemon

Gen 1, like all beginning games, gets a pass among fans because it was the original.
I don't give it a pass. 2nd gen was my first game, so the first gen isn't such a huge deal. With Yellow as my second and being unable to box pikachu, that actually put a lot agaist the first gen. Still my 3rd favorite and tied with 5th. Down with Hoenn! No remakes!

I don't know why they received flak. 4th gen was my favorite besides 2nd. i liked almost all of fourth gens Pokemon.
Probably because of all of the evolutions of old Pokemon they introduced. As I said, if a design is considered "complete", then there is really no need for an evolution, and nearly every Pokemon they gave an evolution to could be considered as having a complete design.

I love how people criticize Vanillite and Trubbish when Gen 1 has pokeball and upside-down pokeball as pokemon
Meh, I guess Gen1 has the nostalgia factor, and besides, the first gen "set the bar", so to speak, so all future designs could technically be judged on whether they are better or worse than the designs in Gen1, and really, can you get mad at them for what they made in the first game in the series? People simply have higher expectations nowadays, I guess, even though I personally feel that all generations have had at least some good designs.

My wishlist for gen 6:

-Auto weather has a 5 turn cast limit, 8 with appropriate rock
-EQ and Surf (EQ at the very least) should hit guaranteed on grounded enemies
-"Pollen/Spore" moves like Sleep Powder or Spore should not work against Grass types
-Sleep can keep a 3 turn max limit but get rid of the recount when switched
-The release of Lightningrod Zapdos
-Hail needs something...can't think of what but it needs some help.

I don't give it a pass. 2nd gen was my first game, so the first gen isn't such a huge deal. With Yellow as my second and being unable to box pikachu, that actually put a lot agaist the first gen. Still my 3rd favorite and tied with 5th. Down with Hoenn! No remakes!
I boxed Pikachu in half of my Yellow runs.... He cries and makes you feel bad, but you can still do it.

Ugh, Pyroar has Unnerve and Rivalry. Such terrible abilities. At least Unnerve beats Custap leads? They should seriously release the rest of the DW abilities. I wouldn't be too surprised if they released the DW Gen 5 starters immediately after the XY Dream World starts up.

Ugh, Pyroar has Unnerve and Rivalry. Such terrible abilities. At least Unnerve beats Custap leads? They should seriously release the rest of the DW abilities. I wouldn't be too surprised if they released the DW Gen 5 starters immediately after the XY Dream World starts up.
So "never" because so far as we can tell there will not be a Dream World for XY at all

Both moves will always hit. As in their accuracy is higher than 100.

Rivalry/Unnerve is meh for Pyroar. But that design is still killer.

So "never" because so far as we can tell there will not be a Dream World for XY at all
"The Pokémon Global Link for Generation V games will be shutting down on Jan. 14, 2014. Services will be phased out starting after the October 2013 maintenance. It will be replaced by a Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Y." -Bulbanews

Edit: The global link website says it should start on release day.

"The Pokémon Global Link for Generation V games will be shutting down on Jan. 14, 2014. Services will be phased out starting after the October 2013 maintenance. It will be replaced by a Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Y." -Bulbanews
The Dream World is only part of Global Link. Dream World itself hasn't been mentioned even once for X&Y. New Global Link features have been brought up numerous times, but absolutely nothing about a Dream World.

I love hidden abilities. I loathe the Dream World. Hoping for a proper in-game implementation of hidden abilities.

You're thinking of Gen 4 where it simply jacked up accuracy to 100% meaning it could still be subject to some evasion modifiers, they restored it to a guaranteed hit in Gen 5.
Thunder becomes a guaranteed hit. If it wasn't for that I couldn't hit some of these damn Minimizers on GBU.
Really, well then I guess I was thinking of the wrong thing. Edit: I just checked the Smogon movedex a second ago to make sure, and someone should probably change the descriptions of Thunder, Blizzard, Rain Dance, and Hail, then.

The Dream World is only part of Global Link. Dream World itself hasn't been mentioned even once for X&Y. New Global Link features have been brought up numerous times, but absolutely nothing about a Dream World.

I love hidden abilities. I loathe the Dream World. Hoping for a proper in-game implementation of hidden abilities.
I can't think of a single reason they would stop giving out hidden abilities, especially since the event Torchic will have Speed Boost. Hopefully they will all be released immediately.

I can't think of a single reason they would stop giving out hidden abilities, especially since the event Torchic will have Speed Boost. Hopefully they will all be released immediately.
Why would they do that when they release some of them and then dangle the good ones right in front of anyone who manages to hack into the game and acquire the data, knowing full well that no one can do anything about it?

Edit: The global link website says it should start on release day.
The Global Link is not just the Dream World
When the Global Link comes back on for XY, it will have the new timeline functionality, tournaments, promotions and presumably misc stats like the GTS tracker and tourney stuff.

It will not have the Dream World. Absolutely nothing has been shown, said, or otherwise acknowledged that the 6th generation will have one. Not even in the months long outline of how the 5th gen DW & global link will be phased out.

Because the dream world was halfway a gimmick based around musharna's ability to produce dream smoke, and he will no longer be native to this gen/in the regional dex.

Because the dream world was halfway a gimmick based around musharna's ability to produce dream smoke, and he will no longer be native to this gen/in the regional dex.
They can still allow you to obtain hidden abilities in other ways. It seems somewhat likely that they will release the gen 2 and 5 starters with their hidden abilities sometime soon, as you can already get Torchic and the Kanto starters. Speaking of Unova gimmicks, I wonder what will happen to Deerling and Sawsbuck's forms in XY. I doubt seasons are returning.

I think there's a reason why they're called Hidden Abilities and not Dream World Abilities. New pokémon can still have them, it would be unfair for them to have 2 max when most pokémon have 3 thanks to the DW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)