Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure we do! Think of the Islands from Gen 3 or Gen 4. Oak's letter, the sea map, that kind of stuff.
Well, he referred to it as "visitable", and Birth Island/Faraway Island/Flower Paradise etc. weren't visitable without the event itself. The closest thing I can think of is the Regigigas stuff, which were there but not activate-able without getting the Regis from another game.

Well, he referred to it as "visitable", and Birth Island/Faraway Island/Flower Paradise etc. weren't visitable without the event itself. The closest thing I can think of is the Regigigas stuff, which were there but not activate-able without getting the Regis from another game.
Yeah, but the Ice Temple actually had Pokémon and items inside. I don't know about the Sea Spirit Den.

Not like it can only refer to one. Clearly the Japanese logo missed the memo if it's only axes, as it looks a lot like a DNA helix.
Masuda was basically asked straight up and said that while the DNA theory was interesting, it wasn't the major point of choosing X & Y.
It probably wasn't *entirely* unrelated, obviously, but it wasn't the forefront. It was probably put there because its the Mega Evolution logo

But you can visit Sinnoh Route 224, the Moor of Icirrus, and the P2 Laboratory (which are areas that serve little purpose) without activating the events for/having a Shaymin/Keldeo/Genesect with you. So SSD might be used for a mythical Pokemon that hasn't been revealed yet.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^Yes, the helix pattern is the pattern inside a mega stone. Still unknown if it pertains to DNA, but the developers really did say that X&Y are coordinate axes (with the "third dimension" thing)

EDIT rn is right

So, just thinking, X and Y are like the chromosomes in mammals, so doesn't it make sense that Z will be accompanied by W, the two chromosomes in birds? Zygarde an d the wolf could be paired for a set of 2 sequels like gen 5.
I was about to make a post supporting this theory, since it would kind of fit:

[rumourspeculation]
So, people are all over this supposed ice wolf, some claiming that it could be a fourth counterpart to Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde. Also, people have speculated upon the name(s) of the next Gen VI game(s) - one possibility that has cropped up is Z and W. Given that Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde all intentionally have names and body shapes that focus on their specific letter, I feel that it'd be possible for the ice wolf to follow suit if a W version were in the works and if it were to be its mascot. Being a wolf, it could easily lend itself to a name beginning with W and as for its body shape, it may resemble a W with its back arched and its head/tail upright.

Baseless conjecture? Probably. But maybe worth thinking about.
[/rumourspeculation]

...but I now disagree with it entirely. If that were the case, it would be found among the 150 the Kalos Mountain Dex (without extending it as Mewtwo apparently does) and it would have already been found by the leakers, like Zygarde.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm thinking this rumored ice wolf might be an event legendary, if it even exists. It doesn't seem to be the type of thing that'd be the obligatory cute 600 bst pixie legend-thing.

I was about to make a post supporting this theory, since it would kind of fit:

[rumourspeculation]
So, people are all over this supposed ice wolf, some claiming that it could be a fourth counterpart to Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde. Also, people have speculated upon the name(s) of the next Gen VI game(s) - one possibility that has cropped up is Z and W. Given that Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde all intentionally have names and body shapes that focus on their specific letter, I feel that it'd be possible for the ice wolf to follow suit if a W version were in the works and if it were to be its mascot. Being a wolf, it could easily lend itself to a name beginning with W and as for its body shape, it may resemble a W with its back arched and its head/tail upright.

Baseless conjecture? Probably. But maybe worth thinking about.
[/rumourspeculation]

...but I now disagree with it entirely. If that were the case, it would be found among the 150 the Kalos Mountain Dex (without extending it as Mewtwo apparently does) and it would have already been found by the leakers, like Zygarde.
Thing is, Zygarde is immediately available post-game. It really wouldn't make much sense for a legend that was not only event-activated, but also very different from the Norse mythos theme we have going here to be the frontrunner of a sequel.

Coordinates vs. DNA:

My HOPE is that the Ice Wolf and the 600 BST legend are two different Pokemon. But realistically they're probably the same one, and the cave with nothing in it is probably part of the event that triggers its appearance.
Exactly (the DNA and dimensions thing, not the ice cave).

While their could be something there, this isn't the first time a mysterious building/location has remained just that, mysterious (like D/P/Pt's silent church, the scorched slab, the truck by the St. Anne, etc.) In game-maker terms, this is called "Negative Possibility Space" or places where a player expects something to be there, but the creator didn't (and thus never put anything there).

Do we know if every pokemon in the coastal/central/mountain pokedexes are obtainable in-game or if they just belong to trainers you battle?

While their could be something there, this isn't the first time a mysterious building/location has remained just that, mysterious (like D/P/Pt's silent church, the scorched slab, the truck by the St. Anne, etc.) In game-maker terms, this is called "Negative Possibility Space" or places where a player expects something to be there, but the creator didn't (and thus never put anything there).
Don't forget the rocket lab in Emerald, of course. God knows how many rumors about Deoxys and going to space came from that.

Creepy...

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
There is really no reason to think that Zapdos would be there without his other buddies y'know.
It could vary based on the starter you picked. That's the way it worked in FireRed and LeafGreen - post-game, one of the three legendary beasts of Johto would start roaming Kanto (Entei if you picked Bulbasaur, Suicune if you picked Charmander, Raikou if you picked Squirtle).

...Sweet mother of Chewbacca, that little girl looks disturbing.

But the Scorched Slab held a TM and the St. Anne Truck has been confirmed to be a developer easter egg. The only one that's the "Negative Possibility Space" is the "Foreign Building", which may mirror a landmark in the real-life location that Hearthome City is based on. This is more like the Altering Cave, which has a confirmed, but unused, purpose. Right now, the SSD is more like the latter than the Church Building in DPt.

In Scorched Slab's defense, it housed the Sunny Day TM at least.
Yeah, I know. And technically it was a very obscure reference to a cave Ammaterasu hid in. So I guess that's not the best example.

But unless you were Japanese or were very educated on Shinto myths/culture, you were intrigued/stumped by this lonely cave with a random TM.

But that weird church in Hearthome totally counts!

There is some evidence to back up that there is a new Ice wolf Pokemon. Apparently NPC's have talked about a Legendary Ice Wolf Pokemon, though I don't have the source for it, and there is a random ice mirror that does nothin that we know atm:

In addition an Ice Wolf Pokemon was said in a rumour that correctly stated new Pokemon.
Thanks, this seems vvvvvery intriguing.

Your screenshot looks truly special and mythical; this Wolf may not be only Ice type, but also Fairy.

I await with real intent.

Yeah, I know. And technically it was a very obscure reference to a cave Ammaterasu hid in. So I guess that's not the best example.

But unless you were Japanese or were very educated on Shinto myths/culture, you were intrigued/stumped by this lonely cave with a random TM.

But that weird church in Hearthome totally counts!
I actually like when GameFreak include things like that. Hard to find and serve little (obvious) purpose other than exploration. It adds a richness to the region without making everything seem incredibly important. Scorched Slab is inconsequential in the big picture, but I think it is a nice touch. You're right, not everything requires an explicit purpose for existing. If an NPC just comes out and says "the sea den is abandoned, it was once used by blah blah to train ice pokemon. the end." I would accept that.

However... I'm still suspicious. The fact there really is nothing in it and no mythos about it makes things all the more suspect. So far, our little sea den only has a mirror... And hey, that just might be it but I'm not buying it just yet.

Watch it have wild Cryogonal on Wednesdays or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)