Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Because before ORAS came out we didn't know Latiasite and Latiosite were in-game events.
To add to that even if you got one in-game you'd think the other would probably be given away via an event along with the other Eon Pokemon (thus making them a sort of pseudo event). However as it turns out both Mega Stones are obtainable, its only the other Eon Pokmon and the Soul Dew which is the event.

Granted its still a loose argument since a Mega Pokemon is something different from a modified Pokemon, but I was more using it as an example of GF doing something which goes against our expectation (heck, I don't think anyone knew both versions of ORAS was going to let you have all the Mega Stones after XY had some version exclusives).

Also another reason I think Florette-E could be in-game is because it's owned by someone. The Event Legendaries are not owned by anyone thus they're given away via Event. But Floette-E is owned by AZ, so wouldn't it be odd to get it through an event? The way I see it, XY2/Z is probably going to continue the story told in XY in someway be it a sequel or a re-telling that just goes a bit past where XY stopped. AZ reunites with Floette-E and they spend time with one another, but AZ realizes that Floette-E had spent 3,000 years watching over him and waiting for him to became the kind person he used to be. Either from guilt it took him that long, him feeling he still needs to properly redeem himself, or wanting Floette-E to experience new things, he give Floette-E to the player at some point to allow it to experience new things that it can't do with AZ while he works on making things right (and since both are immortal they'll meet again eventually).

It also wouldn't make any financial sense. Why would Game Freak add free/cheap content to an already-sold product, when the content could be used as a selling point for a new product at full price?
If they didn't patch XY for the ORAS additions and they're not going to patch ORAS with a Battle Frontier addition they're not going to patch in anything. Patches seems to mainly be for fixing glitches or updating rules, it does look like they add in any significant content just yet.

You know we're probably going to look back at all these posts when they announce whatever they're going to do for the next game and just laugh how impatient/naive we were.

Volcanion's official trailer is here, and along with it high-quality official art.

For those of you who are upset we got this over Pokemon Z this month, I think Joe Merrick, (serebii's website creator), brought up a good point:

"We're currently at 13 months since the last game. This is a reminder that it was 20 months between DP & Plat's reveal & 17 between BW & B2W2"

So just remember we've been through worse.

"We're currently at 13 months since the last game. This is a reminder that it was 20 months between DP & Plat's reveal & 17 between BW & B2W2"

So just remember we've been through worse.
Woah. Seriously? Weird. Then why does it feel like such a long time?

I vaguely recall being surprised by how quickly a particular 4th gen game came out. Seeing as Platinum had a 20 month wait-time, it must've been HGSS. I very clearly remember thinking "woah shit, a game announcement already? I'm still working on **previous game**!"

obligatory long-term drinking game should be established for every additional day that we still haven't got Z once those 20 months are up tho

Reactions: JES

I vaguely recall being surprised by how quickly a particular 4th gen game came out. Seeing as Platinum had a 20 month wait-time, it must've been HGSS. I very clearly remember thinking "woah shit, a game announcement already? I'm still working on **previous game**!"

obligatory long-term drinking game should be established for every additional day that we still haven't got Z once those 20 months are up tho
It feels like a long time because ORAS was announced way early in XY's lifetime.

It feels like a long time because ORAS was announced way early in XY's lifetime.
Platinum was initally released (in Japan) in September 2008 two years after DP's initial release date. HGSS came out one year later in September 2009. BW came out a year after that, the next September, and BW2 was first released a year and nine months after that in June 2012 with the quickest translation turnaround for a Pokemon game. XY was announced 6 months later and released worldwide another ten months later. Then ORAS was released thirteen months after XY.

Having about 6-some odd straight years of seeing a main-series release on a semi-consistent yearly schedule may have spoiled us a bit.

Last edited:
Wiki on platinum: "It was released on September 13, 2008, in Japan; March 22, 2009, in North America; May 14, 2009, in Australia and May 22, 2009"
*does some counting*
September, October... November, December, January... March... April... MAY??? Fuck!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but holy shit, I really am spoiled. I can't believe I waited that long AFTER the game actually released without complaints! Nowadays if there's even a weekend between releases I get annoyed. Wow.
May we never ever return to those dark, dark days!

Wiki on platinum: "It was released on September 13, 2008, in Japan; March 22, 2009, in North America; May 14, 2009, in Australia and May 22, 2009"
*does some counting*
September, October... November, December, January... March... April... MAY??? Fuck!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but holy shit, I really am spoiled. I can't believe I waited that long AFTER the game actually released without complaints! Nowadays if there's even a weekend between releases I get annoyed. Wow.
May we never ever return to those dark, dark days!
That does bring up that interesting point. Remember, GF is not just quickly releasing a single language version in a vacuum anymore. They are trying to make the game make sense in 7 different languages at once now along with trying to make the lore completely universal now.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is this all we're getting from CoroCoro this month? I thought I read somewhere that the December 15th issue would be full of info...? Unless there's a nintendo direct coming up for pokemon or something that I'm forgetting about.

Is this all we're getting from CoroCoro this month? I thought I read somewhere that the December 15th issue would be full of info...? Unless there's a nintendo direct coming up for pokemon or something that I'm forgetting about.
Last month's issue said, that this month's would have "big news related to Pocket Monsters". Whether you want to call the reveal of a completely new Pokémon "big news" or not, is up to you.
Just because some smart guys datamined the games and found Volcanion a week after the XY release, doesn't mean that Gamefreak actually gives a ****.

PS: I was disappointed as well.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Last month's issue said, that this month's would have "big news related to Pocket Monsters". Whether you want to call the reveal of a completely new Pokémon "big news" or not, is up to you.
Just because some smart guys datamined the games and found Volcanion a week after the XY release, doesn't mean that Gamefreak actually gives a ****.

PS: I was disappointed as well.
Well to be fair, they didn't say it was games news. So I figured out that it would be about the movie and probably releasing Volcanion.

Well to be fair, they didn't say it was games news. So I figured out that it would be about the movie and probably releasing Volcanion.
I don't speak Japanese, but I read somewhere that they commonly use the name "Pocket Monsters" for game-related stuff and "Pokémon" for everything else. No idea if this is true or not though.

December 15th is the date we're to get the big Smash Bros. announcement. You might be mixing it up with that.

December 15th is the date we're to get the big Smash Bros. announcement. You might be mixing it up with that.
I don't know, I don't think we would both get mixed up. I had no idea there would be a smash announcement, and I was certain there would be some pokemon news tomorrow.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
CoroCoro releases on the 15th, which was leaked earlier as Volcanion's reveal and the movie. This is the "big" Pokemon announcement that's independent of the Smash direct that's also on the 15th.

Well, looks like there is another month without any major news. Then again, considering that I'm hardly in a position to buy a new game right now, maybe I shouldn't be so disappointed after all...

Anyone want to start making bets on if Z will be announced before Star Trek: Beyond comes out? Good thing I didn't have any expectations that it would be announced before the The Force Awakens.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Anyone want to start making bets on if Z will be announced before Star Trek: Beyond comes out? Good thing I didn't have any expectations that it would be announced before the The Force Awakens.
Had to google what Star Trek is.
I hugely doubt Pokemon will base any decisions on non Nintendo franchises, especially when it's not even Japanese. Seems entirely irrelevant to me.

But we are getting Pokemon anime specials on New Year's Eve (31st December), so it MIGHT leak something.
MIGHT.

Had to google what Star Trek is.
I hugely doubt Pokemon will base any decisions on non Nintendo franchises, especially when it's not even Japanese. Seems entirely irrelevant to me.

But we are getting Pokemon anime specials on New Year's Eve (31st December), so it MIGHT leak something.
MIGHT.
I was making a snarky comment, questioning if we'll have to wait until even beyond summer before they announce anything, or if it'll happen before!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Should the thread be locked by this point Codraroll or someone else?? There's absolutely 0 new information and people are just talking about... anything at this point and going way off-topic. There's nothing to discuss.
How about you stop Minimodding and actually just not post? Hows that for an idea? The mods do not have to be reminded of things, if there's nothing to discuss, just don't fucking post.

Most of us are busy with Christmas, Smogon is kinda the last thing on our minds at the moment (I am massively aware of the irony in this considering I am posting this at 2330 on Xmas Eve). The only reason I am not deleting and infracting the above post is because it's Christmas.

Locking anyway because we apparently have nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)