1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokebank and Singles Metagame

Discussion in 'Battle Spot' started by Ankiseth, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Ankiseth

Ankiseth

Hi, so today my gf and i got a copy of pokemon black and pokemon white 2 and i was wondering, how will pokebank afect the metagame? i just want to be prepared :P like what sets or good pokemon will be avaible when pokebank opens? i know some moves can only be learned in black white 2 or older generations and that could make an impact on x and y singles metagame here are some examples i know

Lucario with elemental punches
    Dragonite with extreme speed
    Scyzor with bug bite
    Draco meteor/Outrage Mixmence?

Ive never played any other generations (only red and blue waaay back in the day) so correct me if im wrong in something, so what old generaton pokemons we will see in singles? what "new" movesets will be viable in singles?
  2. Hill

Hill

I think we should wait more to see how Pokébank will really work. I don't think they will allow Pokémon not caught/bred in Gen 6 in Spot battles, but that's just a guess.
  3. CoolStoryBrobat

CoolStoryBrobat The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Well, the newly-buffed Knock Off was a tutor move in Black/White 2, and a significant number of Pokemon who can use it may not be able to get it outside of that game, such as Scizor or Landorus (Who is Pokemon Bank exclusive anyway) so you can definitely expect to start seeing more of that move coming into play, since only a handful of Pokemon got it either by egg move or otherwise
  4. Ankiseth

Ankiseth

I think infernape will have a great succes countering mega mom
  5. Manveru123

Manveru123

More like checking. It can't really switch in on her, except on Sucker Punch or maybe Crunch.
  6. rikerkeith

rikerkeith

I feel my research is almost completed. Happy to see that. Thanks to share this brilliant matter.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)