PokeCamp's Atlanta War Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing's first. Let me introduce myself. I am Kai, VP of the organization known as PokeCamp. This is my first war story, so let me know what you think please! ^_^. What is PokeCamp? We are a small group of Pokemon fanatics from the Nashville area who would much rather battle a person right in front of us instead of battling someone via the wifi network. We typically stay up into the wee hours of the morning battling each other, play-testing teams, etc., while enjoying the experience of camping. What we hope to do is expand our group and spread Pokemon awareness throughout our community in the hopes to make Pokemon VG Tournaments much more common than the once-a-year VGC Series. Anyone who is interested in our group, especially around the Nashville area (everyone is welcome to join however), check out our facebook group, The PokeCamp (link below team). We also hope to become more active over the Smogon and Skarmbliss communities.

My Team (My main four were Scizor, Electivire, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza):
Rayquaza aka Magus w/ Life Orb
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Eathquake
Extremespeed

Scizor aka Skeith w/ Choice Band
Adamant
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Super Power
U-Turn

Electivire w/ Focus Sash
Adamant
ThunderPunch
IcePunch
FirePunch
Earthquake

Metagross aka Corbenik w/ Occa Berry
Adamant
BulletPunch
Earthquake
Explosion
Zen Headbutt

Tyranitar aka Tarvos w/ Leftovers
Lax
Avalanche
Payback
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Mewtwo aka Noctis w/ Sitrus Berry
Calm
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Psychic
Thunderbolt

-----> http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=340819357067&ref=ts <--------

Now that that is out of the way, let me begin our story:

June 4th, around 11:00 p.m.

Four trainers with a dream. One chance to make it to the top. This was it. The moment we were waiting for. The VGCs were tomorrow and we were NOT as ready as we had hoped to be. Will, one of our senior members, had planned to go, but backed out because of his lack of preparation. Alas, after much convincing, Andrew, the president of our organization, and I had persuaded Will to come. I met up with Andrew, his little brother, Reid, who was also competing, and his girlfriend, Hannah, who was our photographer. After much rushing around, we managed to get everything together and head to our usual spot, Mapco, around midnight. We played around with a couple practice battles, then headed to Nashville to pick up our friend Will. Now he does not exactly live in the "safest" part of Nashville to say the least. Once we arrived, Andrew knocked on the door. No answer. We called him. No answer. The door was unlocked, but being as polite as we are, we didn't want to just walk in his house unannounced. Anxious and nervous, we watched as a shady car passed us several times. At the height of our hearts racing, Will finally answered his phone, having fell asleep. We rushed in, sat down, and tried to prepare, but the call of Super Smash Bros. Brawl distracted us from our main objective. Time flew by. Next thing we knew, it was 3:00 a.m., an hour past what we had wanted to leave at. Everyone scrambled for their things, leaving as quickly as possible. Andrew made sure he had his ham sandwiches before we left.

June 5th, around 3:30 a.m.
On the interstate, listening to nerd-themed music, such as the classic pokemon theme song, I sped down I-24. Then, it hit us. Traffic. Out of nowhere, a truck had flipped over and we were stuck right outside Murfreesboro. I groaned in disbelief. My car, not being in the best condition possible, could not remain in this near idle state for long, without overheating. After an hour of being in traffic, with me having to turn my car on and off many times, we were back on our way to Atlanta.

June 5th, around 9:30 a.m.

We made it. After a little confusion, we had finally made it. We gathered our Pokemon paraphernalia and made our way inside. To our surprise, the senior division tournament did not start until 1:30 p.m. I admit I did not really pay attention to the times, so we left a little earlier than we could have. Will, desperate to train his team, sat in line and focused on the game. Andrew, Reid and I battled a few times to get the feel of our own teams while Will frantically worked on his team. I noticed the Florida State Pokemon League in front of us as well, wishing we had cool t-shirts like theirs. Anyways, the line slowly crept along. Soon we were forced into some strange room where it seemed a firing squad would come for us any moment. Thankfully, we stayed alive and made it through the line.

June 5th, around 1:00 p.m.

The food and drinks were overpriced. I was sleep deprived. Will just barely managed to get his team together. Some of the people around me smelled like that hadn’t showered in months. The fumes were seriously hurting my eyes. Andrew was pretty pissed because someone had called his little brother Justin Bieber because of his hair and height. All I wanted to do was begin. After registering and a demand of doing the wave, which was confusing until someone properly explained that in was to go in a zig zag formation and not one constant motion, the rounds were beginning.

Round 1 – Zeke(Trainer Name)

Well, I was really intimidated by my opponent at first. We shook hands and began our battle. I began with Scizor and Electivire. I’m not entirely sure what he started with, but I believe it was kyogre and dialga. Anyways, I use Earthquake to hit Dialga and used U-turn with Scizor, switching in my Mewtwo. I’m not really sure how the whole battle went but I ended up winning strongly. 4-0. I made it through the first round. Unfortunately, Andrew, who was using a Rain Dance team, and Reid, who was using a trick room team with all underused pokemon, didn’t make it. Will, surprising lasted.

Round 2 – Zeke

Yeah! Got past the first round. He also had a Kyogre. I think he may have had a Lugia and Dusknoir as well. He OHKO my mewtwo with Fling and Iron ball. My electivire OHKO’d his Kyrogre. There was so much going on, I’m not really sure how I won this won, but I did. 2-0. It was a good match. He asked me if I was on smogon, which I responded with a no, although now I am. Will also managed to get by.

Round 3- Zeke

I was worried and nervous now. The guy I was facing was Asian and had a Pikachu hat. He seemed like a really good player. He lead with a Shiftry and Jumpluff. I was very surprised with this lead. I lead with my usual Scizor and Electivire. With a stroke of luck, his sleep powder missed me and I was able to knock out his Pokemon after switching. His last two were Groudon and Ho-oh. I KO’d the Ho-oh with my Mewtwo using Thunderbolt, then used Grass Knot on the Groundon. It was down to just his Groudon versus my Mewtwo. Luck was on my side, and I managed to get the win. 1-0. Unfortunately, Will did not.

Round 4 – Zeke

Now, I was sweating nervous. I waited with high anticipation for my next opponent. And it was the girl from Florida State Pokemon Leauge. I told her good luck, and she muttered something incomprehensible, I’m not really sure what she said, though it did not sound friendly. I don’t remember what she lead with, but she dominated. Her mewtwo outsped mine by a mile and it was downhill from there. After getting hit with a full power water spout, two blizzards, a thunder, which paralyzed my mewtwo, I was out. I think I only knocked out one of her Pokemon, and the other one she used Explosion. Anyways, this was the end of my journey. I told her good luck again, and made my way back with the losers. I shrugged with a bit of disappointment, but shook it off. It was my first VGC and I feel like I did decent since I didn’t train some of my Pokemon right and I had only 1 hour of sleep in that day.

Post VGC

I stood in line at the King-of-the-Hill with Will, eager to battle. It took forever. Once we were near the front, we had already had three or four battles with random people around us. I had won every single one I had fought since then, eager not to make anymore mistakes. Once we were close, the line turned into a mess, with people cutting in front of each other. Honestly, this was irritating me. I was really about to hit a couple people in the face. I would have to, but my mind was more focused on my addiction to nicotine, so I left the line with Will. Tired, hungry, and sleep deprived, we left the Gwinnet Center ready to drift away to dreamland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)