PokeEmblem: Where Pokemon meets Fire Emblem (Reworking, New Skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I'm curious, there's some things absurdly dangerous in this meta :
  1. Protect (+ Quixotic)
    Having Trigger skills sure is good. But Protect basically turns the battle into a battle of trigger skills. For example :

Weavile @ King's Rock
    Skills: Astra - Quixotic - Dancing Blade (/Wary Fighter)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Whateveryouwant
    Jolly nature
    - Beat Up
    - Protect
    - Ice Shard (if Dancing Blade)
    - Low Kick / Icicle Crash

You want to abuse King's Rock ? That's how you abuse King's Rock. You already had a nice chance of triggering your item, now you're basically 99% sure of flinching your opponent commonly.

2. Skills that give a +2 boost easily
    Of course, the idea is nice, but +2 is just absurd. Think about this :

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
    Skills: Dancing Blade - Offensive - Life and Death
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - U-turn
    - High Jump Kick
    - Poison Jab

Your classic Pheromosa, except even deadlier.
    And maybe that's not the scariest threat in the meta.
Now, maybe my last submission :
Armsthrift - "If the user's held item was used or discarded, it returns after that. Trigger = 3. (don't work on a Focus Sash)"
At first, i totally agreed that saving PPs would be a nice idea, then i thought about this alternative. If this skill don't work on Focus Sash, it's because of Shedinja which basically becomes invincible to damaging moves. And if there's a Resist Status skill, then it would be even worse.

Hyperspace Fury can only be used by Hoopa-Unbound.
My bad, thanks for the rectification.

I think it would work without that restriction.
The move is hard coded to only work with Hoopa-Unbound, like how Disguise only works with Mimikyu, how Schooling only works with Wishiwashi, and how Dark Void only works with Darkrai. And considering how strong the move is (the strongest physical Dark-type move, bypasses Protect and never misses), it should probably stay that way.

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Threads never die.
Alright, since we didn't get too many submissions, I've decided for this slate I decide myself. Here are the winners:
Shadowgift-This Pokemon can now learn any damaging Ghost type or Dark type move (that is not a Z-move or is usable on only one Pokemon) (Passive). Dunsparce Fanboy
Witch's Brew-Heals 20% HP for first 7 turns (Passive). Solarblade
Warp-For the duration of the turn, the user becomes semi-invulnerable (à la Shadow Force). At the end of the turn, the user switches out (Command). Mygavolt
Toxic Brew-The opponent gets -2 Evasion and can't switch next turn (Trigger = 2). Dunsparce Fanboy
Survey-Never misses when using Pulse, Ball or Cannon moves (Passive). Solarblade
Opportunity Shot-At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will use it, but with halved power (Trigger=3). Dunsparce Fanboy Regimaster57
Rifled Barrel-You can chose which move will be used with Opportunity Shot instead of always choosing the one in the first slot (Passive). Dunsparce Fanboy
Surefooted-When a Pokemon with Opportunity Shot is enters the battle, it uses the bonus move immediately regardless of trigger counter and resets it, but can't use it at the start of the next turn (Passive) Dunsparce Fanboy Regimaster57

The next slate will be up soon!

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Could we make the next slate a Lord slate (for Lord, Great Lord, Vanguard, Lodestar, Nohrian Prince(ss), Hoshido Noble, Nohr Noble)?
I want to keep the skill count for each slate small, so I may do that, except not all of them.

Astra

talk to me nice
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Back from the dead, Slate Two shall be...
Lodestar, Great Lord, and Vanguard

I have removed Speed/Strengthtaker, as they will be saved for a later slate. Dual Guarder/Striker will be for doubles. You can find what these skill do here.
Good day!

Last edited:
Hello, I haven't been on Smogon in quite some time (I missed over 130 notifications), but I'm back now and I've been looking through the new OMs and Pet Mods. I gotta say, I love this concept. Looks to be one of the most unique ones that I've seen, and I absolutely LOVE fire emblem.

Astra

talk to me nice
Hello, I haven't been on Smogon in quite some time (I missed over 130 notifications), but I'm back now and I've been looking through the new OMs and Pet Mods. I gotta say, I love this concept. Looks to be one of the most unique ones that I've seen, and I absolutely LOVE fire emblem.
Thank you! I remember you from a while back and I'm glad to see you again!

Thank you! I remember you from a while back and I'm glad to see you again!
Glad to be back! I was mainly focused on competitive Smash for a while, but I've missed the raw strategy of Pokemon. Nice to know that I'm remembered. Anyways, I think that the Tactition's signature skill (can't remember what it's called Edit: it's called Ignis) would make a great skill in this pet mod. Add 50% unused attacking stat to whichever stat is being used for the pokemon's attack once every 3-5 turns.

Last edited:
Dancing Blade - User is treated as if Speed is +1 and Defense is -1.
Charm - When the user switches in, ally Pokémon get buffed Attack and Special Attack. Passive.
Dual Guarder - tl;dr friend guard. Passive.
Heavy Blade - User is treated as if Speed is -1 and Attack is +1.
Veteran Intuition - When attacked, attacker's crit rate -1 during attack. Can't be critted at all if the attacker's crit rate was vanilla to begin with. Passive.
Aether - Hits the target twice. The first hit heals the user by 33% of damage dealt, and the second deals damage as if the target had either defense lowered. Trigger 7.
Dual Striker - Ally Pokémon deal more damage. Passive.
Awakening - User gets buffed Crit Rate, Accuracy, and Evasion when health is below 50%. Effect is reverted if it heals past 50%. Passive.

Dancing Blade - Speed rises 2 stages and while Defense lowers by 1 stage.
Charm - Ally pokemon's not very effective moves get a boost (think Tinted Lens)
Dual Guarder - Reduces super effective damage of moves aimed at allies (think Solid Rock).
Heavy Blade - Attack rises 2 stages at the cost of Speed lowering by 1 stage.
Veteran Intuition - Ignores critical hits.
Aether - Trigger attack that deals two hits. First hit heals half damage health while second hit ignores defensive stat boosts.
Dual Striker - Ally Pokémon gain +1 Attack and Special Attack while user is on field.
Awakening - If health is 50% or less, blocks critical hits from enemies and increases own chance of critical hit. Evasion boost by 1 stage.

Dancing Blade - Speed increased by 15% (separate from regular stat stages), Defense lowered by 5% (passive)
Charm - Allies moves receive 1.2* base power (passive)
Dual Guarder - Occasionally prevents allies from taking damage (trigger=7)
Heavy Blade - Attack increased by 15%, Speed decreased by 5% (passive)
Veteran Intuition - Prevents critical hits (passive)
Aether - Hits twice for half base power on each hit. First hit heals user for 50% of damage dealt, while second hit will always be a critical hit. (Trigger= 6)
Dual Striker - 50% of this Pokemon's respective attacking stat is added to the ally's stat while attacking (Trigger= 6)
Awakening - If health is 50% or less, blocks critical hits while raising critical ratio by one stage. Allows Protect to be used in succession more reliably. (passive)

Dancing Blade- Speed +1, Defense -1
Heavy Blade- Attack +1, Speed -1
+2 Attack and Speed would be too strong, even with their stat reductions. They would have good synergy with Quick Draw and Strong Riposte, respectively.

Awakening - +1 Speed, Attack and Special Attack if the user has below 30% HP. Passive.

Dual Striker/Guardsman/Support+: Raises adjacent allies' damage by 30%/ Reduces damage taken by adjacent allies to 70%/ Raises adjacent allies' Critical rate by one stage as long as this Pokémon remains on the field. Passive.
Bold Stance: The Pokémon next to this Pokémon will use the last move they used at half power without any secondary effects or skills. Trigger of 3 turns.

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Excuse-me for that uninteresting message, but is everything alright ?
I really love this pet mod and i'm quite scared of the fact that it could die... again... and forever this time.

I think going through a massive list of skills like this may not be the way to go. Perhaps you set up a few passives, triggers, and commands, and let things go wild a bit. Determine basics like Sol, Luna, Astra and Aether for triggers, Type-breaker, Type-Faire, and Vantage for Passives, and Rallies for commands. This will allow it to take shape at all and see if it sinks or swims.

I think going through a massive list of skills like this may not be the way to go. Perhaps you set up a few passives, triggers, and commands, and let things go wild a bit. Determine basics like Sol, Luna, Astra and Aether for triggers, Type-breaker, Type-Faire, and Vantage for Passives, and Rallies for commands. This will allow it to take shape at all and see if it sinks or swims.
I would like to second this. The sooner we can get at least an early version of this up and running (so that I can play it), the better.

Astra

talk to me nice
So I decided to take your guy's word, so now I've created some skills for us to start of! Sorry this Pet Mod has been all over the place. :P
These skills have been introduced in the fourth entry in Fire Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War. Well, it's the first in the series to introduce skill really. Here they are! (The one's with the fancy icons are in the second post :P)

Adept-If the user's Speed stat is higher by 100 or more, performs the same move again at half damage with no chance of secondary effect activating. Trigger=3.

Astra-User performs 5 hits of the move chosen at half damage, critical hits are negated. Trigger=5.

Canto-When user switches out, the one that goes out after is granted a turn, but opponent would go first. Passive.

Pavise-User will take an opposing attack as if it had double its respective Defense stat. Trigger=4.

Luna-User does damage as if opponent has its respective Defense stat lowered by 2. Trigger=4.
Miracle-User survives with one HP when hit with a fatal attack. Trigger=5.

Nihil-Ignores all of opponents stat boosts. Passive.
Renewal-At beginning of each turn, user recovers 10% HP. Passive.

Sol-User recovers HP equal to half of damage done to opponent. Trigger=4.

Vantage-When user <50% HP, user will always go first if they unless it is a status move, there is a weather condition in play and/or user has a status condition. Attacks cannot critical. Passive.

Wrath-When user >50% HP critical hit chance increases by 20%. Passive.

Astra

talk to me nice
More skills!
[Type]breaker-If opponent's type/one of its types match up against user (such as a Fairy type fighting an opponent with Fairybreaker), opponent's moves do half damage and cannot critical or activate secondary effects. Passive.

[Type]faire-If user's type matches with skill (such as a Water type having Waterfaire), STAB moves' multiplier increases to 2x. If not (such as a Water type having Firefaire, Grassfaire, etc.) respective moves have a 1.3x multiplier. Passive.

Corrode-Doubles opponents PP usage (Pressure clone). Passive.

Gamble-User has -20% hitrate and +20% critical rate. Passive.

Special Dance- Dancing moves have their stat changes doubled. If the move does not change stats, then its secondary effect chances are doubled. If neither can happen, or if their secondary effects have a 100% chance of happening, the move's power is increased 1.5*. Does not stack with Paragon. Does not affect Lunar Dance or Teeter Dance. Passive.

Inspiring Song- Special Dance for sound moves. Clanging Scales has its power increased. Has no effect on Perish Song. Passive.
Paragon- Stat changes are doubled. Passive.

Triangle Adept- Super-effective moves are boosted to 3x (6x if quad-effective), while not-very-effective moves are reduced to 1/3 (1/6 if quad-resisted) for all Pokémon on the field. Passive.

Slow Burn- At the end of each turn, alternate between gaining Speed +1 and Accuracy +1. Passive.

-taker- If a Pokémon KO's another Pokémon with an offensive move... Passive.
Life- Heal 30% of HP.
[stat]- [stat] +1.
Skill- Skill trigger goes down an additional stage.
Luck- Crit rate increases.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)