1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

PokeMedley Round 1 (RBY): Voting

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by NixHex, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

I have to say I think the Team Rocket Hideout will translate best into this type of medley. While Lavender Town WOULD be really interesting, I don't know HOW they'd do it.

That being said, it might be worth considering sending two songs from Generation I simply because it's the generation the audience this group is aiming at will most likely remember. I doubt that something from Generation V, no matter how good, will get as much attention as anything from Generation I.
  2. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Silph Company

I just really like this song, especially due to how it progressively gets more epic after the first 20 seconds (even then that part is p awesome)
  3. NixHex

NixHex No excuses
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Jimera0 makes a good point. Let's back up a bit, shall we? I think we should limit this project to RBY and GSC. There's a reason OBH only did GoldenEye and Super Metroid for their previous ones: they are possibly the most familiar games to people in the band's fanbase and target audience. People the band's age (23-30) stopped playing after GSC but would definitely know songs from it and RBY. The process will last less than a month and a half and allows us to explore more songs from both games. I think we should do Nido vs. Gengar (whatever it's called) and pick the two or maybe three biggest votes from this round. The remaining two songs will come from GSC. Sound good?
  4. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl

That's partially why I said the Pokemon anime theme should be strongly considered, and voted for Route 1.

Or other instant-nostolgic tunes that people would recognized instantly.

And yes, Nidorino vs Gengar should absolutely be required. Bypass the voting for it IMO, it HAS to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4DFiFaPNE
  5. Alice in Strings

Alice in Strings

My second vote goes to the Champion Theme, because it's way more badass than Red's theme from GSC.
  6. scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer is a pious radio
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Gym Leader Battle sounds the awesomest IMO, I mean it's epic. I could imagine the different parts and stems of the song getting mixed up and maybe turned into rock, it would be epic
  7. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

8. Focus

Focus I'm waiting you...

For Gen 1, I gotta go with the Surfing theme. I think it could be very interesting in a melody, just as sort of a breather. If all the songs are high energy, then the high points get drowned out in the noise and lose their effect. The Surf theme is especially recognizable (from that moment where you watch the SS Anne sail away), and going to and from a waltz feel is cool. The other songs are great but dang it, this beautiful little tune needs more love!
  9. TrainerX493

TrainerX493

Team Rocket absolutely! If there is going to be any villian theme song then this is a must.
  10. Celever

Celever

Aww.. to be quite honest I'm a little disappointed with that news. When playing diamond I found the route 214's music an absolute must for this medley, it has electric guitar already in there. I can't find any even decent quality music for it, but I suppose it doesn't matter...
  11. Sceats

Sceats

Completely agree with swamp rocket, silph co is an awesome tune.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)