1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon-Amie Thread

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by SapphSabre777, Oct 25, 2013.

?

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

1. HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

71 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

57 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

40 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

20 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Hclegend

Hclegend

Amie, just the feeeeeels! I've also done some research into some Pokemon.
    Heracross: Doesn't like it's crotch getting rubbed, but the horn is fine, it likes it a lot actually.
    Whimsiscott: SO ADORABLE! Does a little spin when happy! SO FREAKIN CUTE!
    Infernape: Like Greninja, isn't in his "Badass" stance, and just looks.... Odd. Also his flaming head burns your hand.
    Chandlure: The fire coming out of him DOESN'T burn you, also his eyes when he's happy are cute.
    Heatran: Most of his body (unsurprisingly) burns you, and you don't want to rub his horns.
    Lapras: Dawwww! Ahem, doesn't like the horn getting rubbed, and really likes his belly getting rubbed
    Eelektross: WHY ISN'T THIS HIS IN GAME MODEL? Ahem, he stands on his little flippers like in BW/BW2, and his hands shock you.
    That's honestly about it, the rest of my time was spent in the one house in Courmarine listening to "that" song
  2. Dododoggy

Dododoggy

Has anyone else noticed when you touch the slime on Goodra's body your white hand turns light blue?
  3. Aquasition

Aquasition

yep ;).

Still soo adorable :'D
    Dododoggy likes this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio

I've evolved my team in Y save for Tyrunt, so here goes.

-Greninja likes being petted on its tongue.

-Haven't found Talonflame's sweet spot.

-Gogoat, like its prevo, like being petted on the horns.

-Heliolisk does a little dance when happy, like its prevo. Likes being petted on the frill.

-Aromatisse is more tolerable in Amie (though I didn't have much problem in the first place). Likes being petted on th ear tuft thingies.
  5. shaymin

shaymin p h o s p h o r i a ✧
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

This is not really surprising given the Pokemon's nature, but Terrakion doesn't really show much emotion when you pet it. It was kinda disappointing for me because I expected it to be all ^o^ kinda but instead it was more like ">:D" which is kinda awkward, idk.

On the other hand though, Togekiss is absolutely adorable! It jumps around and stuff and it makes you want to hug it so badly ;~;
  6. Aquasition

Aquasition

OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA! :'D

I could go on for days talking about Togekiss in Amie.

But, to put it bluntly, it's…so…happy :D, especially with the happy animation!

IT LOOKS LIKE A GIANT PILLOW BIRD OHMYARCEUS!
    Empoleon_master likes this.
  7. shaymin

is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Just tried petting Jirachi in Aime, and as expected, it flies around and is super cute <3
  8. BlazeStarter

BlazeStarter

I've been having a hard time not doing the Amie, probably because I get addicted into Head It, trying to beat my best score. Though I get screwed a lot by the slower yarns and multiple fast ones quite a bit.
    However, I find one thing very confusing about my Pokemon when at very high affection levels. Once, my Goodra, with 4 Hearts at the time, got hit by Ice Beam and froze. Suddenly, it thaws out at the end of the turn it was frozen, due to my high level of affection. Is it just me, or is that confidence that your Pokemon get from you being nearby that drives them to break out of those problems it has?
    Empoleon_master likes this.
  9. shaymin

It's even more confusing when you consider how they get themselves out of poison and burns, but thinking logically about that isn't getting any closer to an answer, is it? :P It is fun to think about though! Especially when they get crits and survive at 1 HP based on their affection level, and I the part I like best is the ability for them to "dodge" (so to speak) attacks based on affection, which is really neat, essentially netting you a free turn or opportunity to set up or whatever you need. n_n
  10. BaffleBlend

BaffleBlend

I like it, but I just wish there was more things to do and more animations. It gets a bit repetitive. All the same, though, I love cuddling the heck out of my brand-new pokémon when they finally come out just right.

As for the in-battle effects, I can't help but imagine how awesome it would be in a Nuzlocke run. Your pokémon gets up from a full-on-assault, badly injured and hanging onto their last bit of life, and unleashes their last bit of power for a dramatic come-from-behind victory, or they watch helplessly as they know they're about to die. It would make for a very Dragon Ball Z-like playthrough.
  11. Lord Ghetsis

Lord Ghetsis

DO NOT play this in a Nuzlocke. It's sad enough releasing your starter, now try it looking like it's about to cry!
  12. FStriker

FStriker

I have tested it out with a some pokemon, and I only noticed that the Eeveelutions play with the cursor. It's so adorable!
  13. Litra

Litra

Are you talking about the high-fiving thing? I know Mawile and Hydreigon interact with the cursor too, and the latter acts like a kitten to it.
  14. stage7_4

stage7_4

There's a couple funny poke-abuse animations. Like if you try to touch Greninja in a place he feels uncomfortable he steps back and shakes his hand like "No way man."

I also chuckle a bit at the name Pokemon-Amie. It reminds me of the Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

They say there are still bloodstains on the organ keys.
    That's right.
    They've never been able to get them off. And they used [Pokemon-Amie].

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)