Pokemon-Amie Thread

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

• HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

Votes: 62 28.8%
  • I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
Amie, just the feeeeeels! I've also done some research into some Pokemon.
Heracross: Doesn't like it's crotch getting rubbed, but the horn is fine, it likes it a lot actually.
Whimsiscott: SO ADORABLE! Does a little spin when happy! SO FREAKIN CUTE!
Infernape: Like Greninja, isn't in his "Badass" stance, and just looks.... Odd. Also his flaming head burns your hand.
Chandlure: The fire coming out of him DOESN'T burn you, also his eyes when he's happy are cute.
Heatran: Most of his body (unsurprisingly) burns you, and you don't want to rub his horns.
Lapras: Dawwww! Ahem, doesn't like the horn getting rubbed, and really likes his belly getting rubbed
Eelektross: WHY ISN'T THIS HIS IN GAME MODEL? Ahem, he stands on his little flippers like in BW/BW2, and his hands shock you.
That's honestly about it, the rest of my time was spent in the one house in Courmarine listening to "that" song

I've evolved my team in Y save for Tyrunt, so here goes.

-Greninja likes being petted on its tongue.

-Haven't found Talonflame's sweet spot.

-Gogoat, like its prevo, like being petted on the horns.

-Heliolisk does a little dance when happy, like its prevo. Likes being petted on the frill.

-Aromatisse is more tolerable in Amie (though I didn't have much problem in the first place). Likes being petted on th ear tuft thingies.

This is not really surprising given the Pokemon's nature, but Terrakion doesn't really show much emotion when you pet it. It was kinda disappointing for me because I expected it to be all ^o^ kinda but instead it was more like ">:D" which is kinda awkward, idk.

On the other hand though, Togekiss is absolutely adorable! It jumps around and stuff and it makes you want to hug it so badly ;~;

On the other hand though, Togekiss is absolutely adorable! It jumps around and stuff and it makes you want to hug it so badly ;~;
OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA! :'D

I could go on for days talking about Togekiss in Amie.

But, to put it bluntly, it's…so…happy :D, especially with the happy animation!

IT LOOKS LIKE A GIANT PILLOW BIRD OHMYARCEUS!

I've been having a hard time not doing the Amie, probably because I get addicted into Head It, trying to beat my best score. Though I get screwed a lot by the slower yarns and multiple fast ones quite a bit.
However, I find one thing very confusing about my Pokemon when at very high affection levels. Once, my Goodra, with 4 Hearts at the time, got hit by Ice Beam and froze. Suddenly, it thaws out at the end of the turn it was frozen, due to my high level of affection. Is it just me, or is that confidence that your Pokemon get from you being nearby that drives them to break out of those problems it has?

It's even more confusing when you consider how they get themselves out of poison and burns, but thinking logically about that isn't getting any closer to an answer, is it? :P It is fun to think about though! Especially when they get crits and survive at 1 HP based on their affection level, and I the part I like best is the ability for them to "dodge" (so to speak) attacks based on affection, which is really neat, essentially netting you a free turn or opportunity to set up or whatever you need. n_n

I like it, but I just wish there was more things to do and more animations. It gets a bit repetitive. All the same, though, I love cuddling the heck out of my brand-new pokémon when they finally come out just right.

As for the in-battle effects, I can't help but imagine how awesome it would be in a Nuzlocke run. Your pokémon gets up from a full-on-assault, badly injured and hanging onto their last bit of life, and unleashes their last bit of power for a dramatic come-from-behind victory, or they watch helplessly as they know they're about to die. It would make for a very Dragon Ball Z-like playthrough.

For more casual discussion stuff, has anyone noticed that the Pokémon will play with your cursor? Hold the stylus on screen, but not on the Pokémon. It should change to a finger icon. Certain Pokémon (not all of them) will swipe at it as it goes around the screen. And if they hit it, it increases their enjoyment by a small amount.
I have tested it out with a some pokemon, and I only noticed that the Eeveelutions play with the cursor. It's so adorable!

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Are you talking about the high-fiving thing? I know Mawile and Hydreigon interact with the cursor too, and the latter acts like a kitten to it.

Reactions: JES
There's a couple funny poke-abuse animations. Like if you try to touch Greninja in a place he feels uncomfortable he steps back and shakes his hand like "No way man."

I also chuckle a bit at the name Pokemon-Amie. It reminds me of the Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

They say there are still bloodstains on the organ keys.
That's right.
They've never been able to get them off. And they used [Pokemon-Amie].

It's awesome that when you get enough hearts they turn their heads toward you a little, a tiny detail that I love. My heart melts whenever my shiny Goodra turns it's head 90 degrees and looks at me with its purple eyes before destroying something. Sneasel is very cute too, it covers its mouth to suppress a long laugh and I think it's adorable.

The feeding part is nice too, when I held a poképuff near Jolteon for a long time, it tried to catch it with its paw, some other pokémon interact as how Jolteon does too. But some of them just stare at it.
Also, have you guys ever tried feeding a WAILORD? The thing opens its mouth very slowly and swallows the whole poképuff and your hand. Sorry but I can't upload a video of it.

Last edited:
They could definitely do more stuff with certain Pokémon in the future. For example, Golbat and Crobat never looks happy, I expected Lugia to look far cuter and more affectionate, and you know, to smile, and Ho-oh won't stop glaring at me. I'm sure there is an entire list of Pokémon I could go on about.

They could've also given Cyndaquil more personality.

But Lapras on the other hand is just as cute and affectionate as I could've hoped for. I just love how she looks as I pet her and give feed her Poké Puffs. Jolteon, Goomy, and Chikorita fall into this category as well.

Goomy is especially cute. Even when you pet one where it doesn't like it. Mine will shake it's head like "no, no, no!!! I don't like that!", and then will smile that lopsided smile, like it is all in good fun (which it is).

I used to spend a whole lot of time in Pokémon Amie, and try to bond with the Pokémon I am to raise before raising and evolving them, but have quit doing so, due to just not having the time.

I still almost always keep trainees on a team slot, and walk around with them while harvesting/planting berries. I'll still play with my Synchronizer and Final Gambit Staraptor after a successful capture if they faint as a reward.

Edit: I forgot Gible. The cutest little landshark ever!!!!1!
Too bad it ends when he evolves.
Slugma is also kinda cute, and really likes to get fed. Too bad you can't pet him!
Oh, and Latios and Latias just look so cute when they're happy! They'll somersault, and tip their head from side to side.

I'm hoping this is only the start. I'd like to be able to scratch the back.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Is there still not a conclusive chart for each Pokemon's favorite spots and disliked spots?
Bulbapedia doesn't make a chart out of it, it only says certain Pokemon cannot be touched.

You know how affectionate Pokemon will turn to look at you in battle? Klefki turns the wrong way. I have no idea if she's supposed to be looking back over her other... Shoulder-equivalent?... Or if it's just an animation glitch.

Also, the first time I played with my Giratina after transferring him over:

I DID NOT KNOW HE HAD A MOUTH. Damn, bro, you scary.

So I finally found this thread, I was about to talk about this beautiful feature but... I hope it's OK to Revive this thread.

But so long, no one has actually tried Braixen? I actually keep one unevolved just so I can smile when playing with her. Seeing her spin in happiness... no one can rival her there.
It also helps that unique to her, when upset she shows that she's tsundere. What other Pokemon can get more unique than her there?

While I was breeding Cleffa for the Kanto Classic back in February, I tried playing with one in Pokémon-Amie. I nearly died from cuteness overload.

So I finally found this thread, I was about to talk about this beautiful feature but... I hope it's OK to Revive this thread.

But so long, no one has actually tried Braixen? I actually keep one unevolved just so I can smile when playing with her. Seeing her spin in happiness... no one can rival her there.
It also helps that unique to her, when upset she shows that she's tsundere. What other Pokemon can get more unique than her there?
Meh. Tell me when a Pokémon that acts yandere in Pokémon-Amie. Then I'll be interested.

I might be using revive thread to discuss a feature that is now waaaaaay too degraded as of now, but hey, PokeRefre and new Pokemon means new animations to enjoy, isn't it?

Popplio is definitely cute! Too bad I forgot how Brionne?'s animations was.
On same vein, Rowlet's spin is also cute.
Rockruff? is also trying to be as cute as Eevee or Growlithe.
I regret that I forgot how Cosmog acts there too. If only we could play with Lillie's before.

Ah, that Mosquito-UB Buzzwole?. If other Pokemon is trying to melt hearts with their cuteness or just act cool, this one makes players laugh out loud with such funny absurdity. This should be enough to tell everyone. Poke-Amie would be his gym.

And then there's Xurkitree? which is a menacing alien tree and acts like a happy Christmas tree.

Also, Tapu Lele's adorable sad face. So sorry, didn't know those hair are precious. (;>_<)

I might have to try other Pokemon like Salazzle?. I also heard Kartana is pretty hyper in PokeRefre. And strangely petting its sword-hand doesn't cut you.
Anyone has experiences with new SuMn Pokemon too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)