Pokemon Averages

Skarm isn't as prominent a Defensive wall as Blissey is a Special wall.

Also, I second Boa's suggestion. If X-Act doesn't get onto that right away, that's probably going to be something I will be left to do. It wouldn't take long for me, actually.

Hmm, you know, I'm going to get on that. If X-Act doesn't put them up, I should have them up later today.

Skarm gets 2HKO'd by stuff like Heracross close combat and Tar Stone Edge, which no special sweeper can boast to Blissey. Blissey just isn't comparable with anything.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Skarm gets 2HKO'd by stuff like Heracross close combat and Tar Stone Edge, which no special sweeper can boast to Blissey. Blissey just isn't comparable with anything.
Specs Alakazam 2hko's with Focus Blast...
Gengar I think gets close...
Lucario and Togekiss can Aura Sphere to 3HKO it.
Porygon-Z.

Seriously, Blissey is a fantastic Pokémon, but not a universal Special counter. It does just a bit better a job than Skarmory.

So you list moves that do super effective damage that do a similar % to neutral attacks on Skarm and say they are equal? By your reasoning Blissey is twice as good...

EDIT: Metalkid's calc says Alakazam with 252 EV's and Modest (note zam is often Timid) can only 2HKO Blissey with Lefties recovery a very small % of the time (48-56% damage).

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uh, Skarmory?
Remember, Blissey is much much harder to break through on the special side than Skarmory is on the physical side, because Blissey has 255 base HP and 135 base special defense, but even though Skarmory has 140 base defense, it has only 65 base HP.

Okay, I'm confident enough in these figures to finally post them. These figures were calculated under the assumption that certain Pokemon were sweepers and the rest were walls. Feel free to inquire about my classification of certain Pokemon, if you're curious. (By the way, for simplicity's sake, Smeargle's low defenses and base 75 speed led me to include it with the sweepers. Keep that in mind.) These numbers will probably need to be adjusted more than once, anyway. Also, these numbers do not distinguish between physical, special, and mixed sweepers/walls. I'll compile those figures, if requested.

So, without further delay:

Average Stats of all OU and BL "Sweepers":

HP: 79
Atk: 99
Def: 76
SpAtk: 90
SpDef: 81
Speed: 92

Average Stats of all OU and BL "Walls":

HP: 93
Atk: 89
Def: 113
SpAtk: 81
SpDef: 99
Speed: 63

BTW, X-Act, you excluded Shedinja from the OU/BL HP average, right? That's the only way I'm getting the average that you posted.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, I excluded Shedinja from the HP, Def and SpDef average, since it doesn't make sense. Shedinja is either OHKOed or untouched even if it had two hundred million Defense and SpDef anyway.

Also, I'd like to remind people that Choice Specs Alakazam using Focus Blast against Blissey is not a guaranteed 2HKO.

Specs Aura Sphere Lucario is a 2-hit KO on the average, right?

Granted, you'd probably be better with close combat, but breaking blissey is a pretty nice thing to do.

Still, Blissey is 2HKOed by very potent SE attacks, Skarm can be 2HKOed by potent, but neutral attacks that doesn't even have to come from STAB.

Average stats of all "OU" walls that have Helping Hand and can learn both Grass Knot and Metronome:
HP: 113
Attack: 62
Defense: 69
Special Attack: 69
Special Defense: 94
Speed: 68

Average stats of all "OU" walls that have Aromatherapy, can learn Seismic Toss and Softboiled, have access to the trait "Natural Cure", are puffy, and answer to the name of Blissey:
HP: 255
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 135
Speed: 55

These stats are very interesting.

The problem is that tanks, walls, sweepers, support, etc., are all mixed together. You can't say that 80 Base Speed is not very slow when only a select few of the roles of pokemon are speed based, meaning that all the other roles bring them down.

Plus, the amount of physically oriented pokemon vs. specially oriented pokemon can effect this too.

Anyways, this is a great way for looking at the metagame at a glance, thanks for your work!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Specs Aura Sphere Lucario is a 2-hit KO on the average, right?

Granted, you'd probably be better with close combat, but breaking blissey is a pretty nice thing to do.
Yeah, but you would expect a Fighting-typed Pokemon to beat Blissey, right?

Indeed, it's not as if a Skarmory can take a lot of hits from an Electivire, even though it attacks physically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)