Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by SupremeDirt, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

Landorus loses Sand Power, which basically cancels out the Attack boost. And then it has less speed. Intimidate is great, don't get me wrong, but NewLando isn't too appealing as is.
  2. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I agree and it's a shame really because Beast Lando looks freaking awesome to me.

Despite patiently waiting for more news to come the lack of move tutor comparability info is making me a bit nutty right now. I'm hoping it comes soon, in the meantime I hoping Escavalier learns either Drill Run or Superpower.
  3. Katakiri

Katakiri ディアンシー! ディアンシー...ディアンシー!
    is a Pokemon Researcher

A tanking set for Beast Landorus could make huge problems for all variants of Terrakion and Intimidate with U-Turn is an amazing combination so I wouldn't count it out just yet.
  4. Dark Fallen Angel

Dark Fallen Angel FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

The extra attack will still help by boosting the power of other attacking types (outside of Ground, Rock and Steel), but this would not make difference except if Landorus got Ice Punch, as Landorus generally only use EdgeQuake + an Ice-type attack anyway.

But Intimidate is a great gift to Landorus, this will make boosting sets such as Rock Polish even greater, as it will be much more easier to setup.
  5. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt its might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

And if it somehow manages to get Roost...
  6. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Katakiri put Roost into the mix, and you are set! Actually a tanky set with Adamant, max Atk and max HP and lefties may be his best bet. Here are some calcs assuming max HP and after Intimidate:

Band Terrakion's CC: 27.74 - 32.98%
    Band Terrakion's SE: 46.59 - 54.97%
    Scarf Terrakion's SE: 30.89 - 36.64%

And finally...

+2 Terrakion's LO SE vs 252/252 + Landorus with Intimidate factored in: 63.87 - 75.39%

So we may even see a fully physically defensive Landorus as a full counter to any Terrakion, and generally a very good physical tank. What will it have over Gliscor? Better physical bulk (oh yeah Intimidate is that good), 100 more raw Atk points, the ability to possibly use special attacks (HP Ice for opposing Landorus/Gliscor and dragons, which you easily counter), better special bulk (75/75 vs 89/80) and better team player due to the ability to soften hits for others also with Intimidate.

EDIT: Oh and Landorus-F will be like the best DD Mence counter in existence, so you guys don't have to worry about DD + Outrage MoxieMence!
  7. Dark Fallen Angel

But Landorus would still have 2 problems; Lack of reliable recovery (unless it gets Roost) and lack of immunity to status (due to Gliscor having Poison Heal). Is tanking his only viable job after all?
  8. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

Serebii has a lkist of learnset changes. Things I've found so far include:
    - Shell Smash Shuckle!
    - Superpower Trapinch (thus, Flygon)
    - Gliscor gets Sky Uppercut (if it wants it...)
    - Aqua Jet Beartic.........

On a sidenote, Combee gets Bug Buzz...

Doesn't seem too crazy. Suckle definitely got a new toy here, though. Rest/ShellSmash/Toxic/Filler. You heard it here first.
  9. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

10. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

from serebii

11. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

Honestly the most interesting thing ive seen in all this, being able to absorb status is still a huge thing, but that massive attack and good speed are hard to pass up. If Gliscor didn't get roost I think this guy might totally outclassing him. A very solid defensive pokemon I have to try some time.
  12. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Working on a translated. easy-to-read chart. Should be up in a few minutes.
  13. Navarch

Navarch

Arcanine gets Outrage in it's moveset.
  14. DuncanDomino

DuncanDomino

Isn't that just the greatest thing ever?!
  15. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

The one down side to wolfrus is that he suffers Porygon2 syndrome, where he has to switch in on the stuff he is supposed to check well.

Also to the people saying that normal Landorus is more powerful, this isn't necessarily true. Yes it does have Sand Force, but Landorus' speed is so key to his success he does no run a power-boosting nature, but a speed boosting nature (aka Naive). Most Pokes in the base 90 speed tier run powerboosting natures so I imagine Landorus will as well. I will pull up the calcs momentarily

The target I chose is Forretress, being one of the most physically bulky things not weak to EQ.

Normal SD (252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus@Life Orb in Sandstorm vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 152-180 (42.93 - 50.84%)
    Normal SD (252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus@Life Orb vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 118-138 (33.33 - 38.98%)
    Normal Choice Scarf(252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus in Sandstorm vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 118-138 (33.33 - 38.98%)
    Normal Choice Scarf(252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 90-108 (25.42 - 30.5%)

Wolfrus (252+ atk / 252 spe) @Life Orb vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 144-170 (40.67 - 48.02%)
    Wolfrus (252+ atk / 252 spe) @Lefties vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 110-132 (31.07 - 37.28%)

So with an Adamant Nature Wolfrus is as powerful as Normal Landorus in Sandstorm is. Now you might be quick to say "lol outclassed normal Lando has higher speer and it can do just as much damage". However keep in mind that Landorus not only has to make sure Sandstorm is there to obtain that much power AND it can't switch as easily.
  16. Sandstreamer

Sandstreamer

Holy shit, Dragon Pulse Serperior. Suddenly, neutral coverage. Are there separate lists for Egg moves btw? As much as I hoped for Shell Smash Shuckle, I ddn't expect to be the biggest change...

EDIT: Also, Giga Drain and Roost on Volcarona.
    EDIT2: The most infamous Jellicent set gets an upgrade: Giga Drain. (He also has Trick now)
  17. Himanattsu

Himanattsu

Landorus-T reminds me a lot of Gyarados. It's ability is its most redeeming factor, and it will allow him to set up in many physical attackers' faces, while he gets to set up a free RP (although, Scizor really gives him a problem). SubRP + Taunt, maybe?

Also, Contrary SS Shuckle. Even though it can set up it's defenses to insane levels (over 2000 at +6 in either defense stat), I guess that almost anything can set up on it in retrospect.

Might wanna add that to the OP.

Also, Reuniclus gets Superpower.

SUPERPOWER.
  18. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

19. melvni

melvni
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm actually a little interested in that Wonder Room tutor. On it's face it's an interesting move, using trick room's mechanics to swap everyone's defense and special defense. However, so far, it's had a very limited distribution. In OU, only Reuniclus gets it, and it has much, much better things to do with itself (not to mention it already has Psyshock and is slow enough it might have to worry about it screwing up its ability to tank hits). It would be interesting to see what happens if anything that could abuse it well gets it.

Same, though to a lesser degree, for Magic Room, which has an even more limited distribution (only Lunatone and the Gothitelle and Mr. Mime lines get it)

Edit: And right on cue, Starmie, Duskull, and Bronzor get Wonder Room and apparently nothing gets Magic Room. However, I'm also noticing that a lot of things have completely different tutor learnsets. Are we sure that list is fully exhaustive, because, looking it over, it only looks like it lists the first eight.

Also, if it is everything, I'm noticing no punches for Haxorus, but it does get Superpower and Aqua Tail as people were predicting.

Edit2: Noticed the correction, thank you [Omega Symbol]Donut

Edit3: Looking at the revised list I guess it's actually
    Wonder Room - Clefairy, Clefable, Psyduck, Golduck, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Starmie, Mr. Mime, Porygon, Mewtwo, Mew, Cleffa, Umbreon, Slowking, Misdreavus, Porygon2, Lugia, Celebi, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Sableye, Altaria, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydol, Kecleon, Duskull, Dusclops, Latios, Deoxys, Mismagius, Bronzor, Bronzong, Mime Jr., Spiritomb, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Darkrai, Munna, Musharna, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Elgyem, Beeheeyem, Meloetta

Magic Room - Wigglytuff, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Drowzee, Hypno, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Mewtwo, Mew, Natu, Xatu, Espeon, Misdreavus, Stantler, Smoochum, Celebi, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Lunatone, Shuppet, Bannette, Latias, Jirachi, Mismagius, Mime Jr., Gallade, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Sigilyph, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Meloetta
  20. Sun Sol

Sun Sol

Roost and Tailwind on Reshiram.

Hell yes.
  21. deluge

deluge

The guys who said no punches for Haxorus were right. Superpower is his only notable move but it makes balloon Heatran an incredibly unsafe switch-in now.

Edit: Escavalier still sucks...no Drill Run or Superpower. But I guess it can try Rest/Talk with Megahorn and ... something.

Drill Run: Beedrill, Nido, Rapidash (cool), Dewgong, Rhy<x>, Seaking, Lapras, Mew, Forretress, Dunasparce, Hitmontop, Claydol, Exca,

Dual Chop: Primeape, Machamp, Electivire, Magmortar, Mew, Blaziken (lol Latis, DragonFlyers), Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade, Sawk, Scrafty, Haxorus, Mienshao, Bisharp, Meloetta (lol)

Cofagrigus does get Pain Split and Sleep Talk.

Archeops gets Heatwave, Bounce, Roost, Earth Power, Aqua Tail, Sleep Talk, SR as notable moves.

No Heal Bell for Dnite.
  22. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

Unless Im reading this wrong, no roost Gliscor or Landorus, fuck you nintendo. (read the list wrong)
    -No gunk shot Nidoking either?
    -Garchomp, Excadrill, and Terrakion get stealth rock which is cool.
    -Atleast flareon gets superpower.
    -Gigadrain Venusaur!
    -The theoretical lightning rod Zapdos gets heat wave
    -Trick Chandelure
    -Escavalier gets fucked again, it doesn't even get all the tutor moves it can get
  23. Prophet

Prophet

Edit: order is restored with a list that doesn't cut out the moves.

except Mienshao.
  24. Dark Fallen Angel

It's also really cool that Volcarona gets Roost, Stealth Rock is now compatible with Sucker Punch on Bisharp, Cofagrigus gets Pain Split and Conkeldurr now has Ice Punch (take care Landorus/Gliscor!)

It's a shame that Haxorus doesn't get Fire Punch, but Aqua Tail/Outrage already provides a good coverage, only missing certain pokémon such as Ferrothorn that can be hit with Superpower.

Gliscor gets Roost, but Landorus doesn't. Yeah, I was right. Gliscor still is better than Landorus as a wall. Roost, Double Leftovers recovery and immunity to status. Is there something that Gliscor doesn't have over Landorus (apart from what has been cited)?
  25. LucaroarkZ

LucaroarkZ

I'm liking the fact that Zoroark got Trick; Really didn't see it coming. I may actually reconsider my previous disliking of Choice Scarf/Specs Zoroark.

Still disappointed that it didn't get Superpower, but Low Kick is good enough for me. Whatever's more reliable than Focus Blast works.

Dragon Pulse on Serperior will be quite interesting once Contrary's actually released. In DW whenever I used Serperior, I used to be quite disappointed about the fact that I constantly had trouble with Dragons, but now that it gets Dragon Pulse, I don't have to worry about that anymore and I can still use HP Fire at the same time. Also, the three elemental punches on Golurk seems like something worth giving a try.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)