Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Playing through this meta, I love Substitute + Calm Lind Jirachi because it can beat the new Therian formes pretty easily and it pairs well with Specs Keldeo, it sets up all over Amoonguss/Ferrothorn/whatever Keldeo doesn't like.

I've been very unimpressed with Therian Thunderus, although maybe it's just me because I'm running Scarf Politoed and Keldeo who lure it in and kill it. 101 Speed won't cut it without a scarf.

guys. I played with hurricane articuno on a rain stall team with pretty good success.

I think it might reach UU or BL

you heard it here first

Originally Posted by Fat LCampoy8
B/W2 has been released on PO

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/show...p?14023-BW2-PO
Well there doesn't seem to be any servers yet, but knowing you guys, you'll get it set up no problem. I already made my Ubers team with a Choice Banded Adamant Black Kyurem with Outrage, Dragon Claw, Fusion Bolt, and Freeze Shock(It's mainly filler due to Black Kyurem's crappy physical movepool, but Freeze Shock could be useful for a kamikaze move[It's stronger than Outrage. Now that I think about it, Aqua Tail could also go there.]) The only problem is I'm having trouble deciding whether I should run a 4/252/252 EV Spread or go for a 252/252/4 EV Spread(Zekrom commonly uses this spread when it's using a Choice Band.)

Anyways, I can't wait to try out all of the tiers and the new tutor moves.

I wonder if the addition of foul play would give Umbreon a bit more usage. It probably still wouldn't crack OU, but a cleric that you at least have to think twice about setting up on has to have some value, I would think.

I'm also interested in the dual chop move additions. I'm not sure if it would really have any merit on pokes like Infernape or Lucario, but I would think Dragonite might have taken a slight hit here if more pokes can break its muliscale.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Finished doing calcs and i came to a conclusion...

Haxorus i finally unwallable!

Haxorus with a moveset of SD / Outrage / Aqua Tail / Low Kick and a Life Orb in the rain, ohkos the whole meta at +2 after SR. The best check to it is Skarmory which loses 78.74 - 92.81% from a +2 Aqua Tail and can only phaze you out or do ~40% with BB. If it has Shed Shell it has a 37,5% chance to die. Anything else is brutally murdered!

You can do pretty much the same job with a Lum Berry and have more set-up opportunities, but you want Spikes + SR for some ohkoes, and you can't ohko Skarm any more, but it's not like he can do anything back.

The nice think with Aqua Tail in the rain is that you gain an additional STAB to use in the rain that doesn't lock you and has awesome neutral coverage! You can even ohko water immune pokes such as Gastrodon and Jellicent with it, thanks to Mold Breaker!

Be afraid of Haxorus guys, he is the thing right now!

Don't worry about that Haxorus, bro. I heard Tynamo is a beast now with Magnet Rise.

On an only slightly more serious tone: YES!!! BEEDRILL GETS DRILL RUN!!! My goal from here on out is to make it kill something like Aggron... All these years of waiting may have finally paid off, buddy! :'D

Finished doing calcs and i came to a conclusion...

Haxorus i finally unwallable!

Haxorus with a moveset of SD / Outrage / Aqua Tail / Low Kick and a Life Orb in the rain, ohkos the whole meta at +2 after SR. The best check to it is Skarmory which loses 78.74 - 92.81% from a +2 Aqua Tail and can only phaze you out or do ~40% with BB. If it has Shed Shell it has a 37,5% chance to die. Anything else is brutally murdered!

You can do pretty much the same job with a Lum Berry and have more set-up opportunities, but you want Spikes + SR for some ohkoes, and you can't ohko Skarm any more, but it's not like he can do anything back.

The nice think with Aqua Tail in the rain is that you gain an additional STAB to use in the rain that doesn't lock you and has awesome neutral coverage! You can even ohko water immune pokes such as Gastrodon and Jellicent with it, thanks to Mold Breaker!

Be afraid of Haxorus guys, he is the thing right now!
And then gets promptly revenged by a lot of faster pokes: Any dragon, keldeo with ice beam, thundurus T with HP ice might, etc...

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
And then gets promptly revenged by a lot of faster pokes: Any dragon, keldeo with ice beam, thundurus T with HP ice might, etc...
Yeah but still the fact that there isn't a single poke capable of taking one of its attacks at +2 is something great! Bye bye stall teams...

Still, the point stands that Haxorus is easily revenge-killed.
Sure it can get revenged killed, but forcing the 1 vs 1 trade is a huge deal and in a lot of situations you will face that you need all of your Pokes. That is what a wallbreaker aims to do, force that one to one, and put you in situation where no matter what you sacrifice there will always be a bad path for you.

Alexwolf what the calcs for +1 Haxorus? The SD set isn't the scary thing to me, but that DD set at +2 surely means bye-bye to everything unless you have priority.

guys. I played with hurricane articuno on a rain stall team with pretty good success.

I think it might reach UU or BL

you heard it here first
Not unless you can keep rocks off the field, but I doubt you're serious. Even though I have a thing for Ice pokemon and A1's my favorite legendary of all time since Blue all those years ago.

So, I have to say Golurk is much better. It's still FAR from OU standard material, but it has a real niche now- it can spinblock its own rocks while putting out some real damage. Tentacruel and Starmie ARE problems, but with prediction you can nail them on the switchin, and the elemental punches give Golurk some powerful coverage moves. 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def Adamant/Leftovers with Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Shadow Punch/ThunderPunch is what I've been using, and it's not bad at all.

Not seeing many useable moves there... maybe i'll just focus on what can possibly use RestTalk. Let's see:

Throh (Bulk Up/Circle Throw/Rest/Sleep talk with SR/Spikes help is just good)
Eelektross (defenses aren't that bad, so it could play with Coil a little)

... that's it.
Damn, i'm short on creativity.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Skill Swap is now legal with Contrary Spinda. That's good news for Doubles/Triples.

On the other hand, I can't seem to understand why do they gave After You to almost nothing but slow Pokémon. Granted, several can use Trick Room as well, but still… that's one of those moves that Speed Deoxys would've killed for.

Wait… Deoxys gets Mimic in XD… nah, too convoluted.

Not seeing many useable moves there... maybe i'll just focus on what can possibly use RestTalk. Let's see:

Throh (Bulk Up/Circle Throw/Rest/Sleep talk with SR/Spikes help is just good)
Eelektross (defenses aren't that bad, so it could play with Coil a little)

... that's it.
Damn, i'm short on creativity.
Rest Talk Conkeldurr man *unless you explicitly talking about the lower tiers*:
Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 212 HP / 160 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hits 404 HP after the EV investment and has 200 Sp. Def, meaning it can survive a plethora of special hits. RestTalk activates guts which means you get 586 attack while sleeping! Drain Punch and payback get the best coverage overall and can hit a variety of targets. To put in perpective how powerfull his Drain Punch is while he is a sleeping: he can half to Latios :o Now that no one runs Taunt on Gliscor anymore he can Rest up on Gliscor all day. Pretty hard to take down considering how bulky he is and Drain Punch gives recovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)