Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by SupremeDirt, Jun 21, 2012.

1. melvni

melvni
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

As I edited into my earlier post, according to the dictionary at least a punch doesn't have to involve a fist, it just usually does.

Things like Wigglytuff and Breloom can do that. For whatever reason Gamefreak decided that Haxorus can't, and it doesn't get any punching moves. I put my guess in my earlier post, but really there are probably several other possible explanations for that being the case.

Anyway, trying to get bit back on topic, you guys think that Genesect will have any use for its tutor moves when it's released. It does get Dark Pulse, Giga Drain, Iron Head, Signal Beam, and Zen Headbutt. Anyone see any use for any of those?
  2. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

The pokedex also stats Magcargo is 18,000 degrees F, over 3 times the temperature at the surface of the sun.
  3. Arcticblast

Arcticblast improsin + bapongbas gg,,,,,,
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

Why Haxorus doesn't get the punches:
    [​IMG] I've always wanted to use this gif in a serious post.

Anyway, do you think Ninetales will more commonly run ResTalk or Pain Split? And what about Cofagrigus? Ninetales doesn't stay in for more than one turn most of the time, so Pain Split seems better on it. I think Cofagrigus's low HP is perfect for Pain Split, but ResTalk seems superior on it to remove status.
  4. Soarin

Soarin

I honestly think people will lean more towards ResTalk because Pain Split isn't as popular, But overall. I think that PainSplit Tales is actually the better option.
  5. jle1076

jle1076

Have you seen a Druddigon or a Haxorus? There bodies are completely different in size/shape/structure lol
  6. Tobes

Tobes Have you ever blasted off at the speed of light?
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Hi flavor discussions aren't adding anything here, so stop them. Please keep it competitive and free of "what ifs". Let's keep this grounded in reality.
  7. windwolf777

windwolf777

Just wanted this gif to stay with me lol. And on tails, I think rest talk will be better. Because hazard and let's say, toxic take their toll. But with rest talk she's able to shrug it off, rest off hazard damage, and still be able to toxic, fire blast, or whatever the hell she's running.
  8. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

TBH I think SubSplit is where she will succed. Ninetales already has a setsimilar to subsplit with just filler moves in the 4th spot. It is practically begging for SubSplit to be on there ;,; I would imagine Pain Split can be put to good use especially against Tyranitar. Tyranitar comes in on Ninetales frequently and with so many people running the garbage mixed set, she can get quite a bit of health from that 404 HP stat. Even Politoed is good to sap HP from since the defensive set is neck-and-neck with the choice sets and it has a relatively big base 90 HP (384 HP).
  9. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes, ReStalk should make an impact now that it has been widely distributed and Ninetales could prove this statement to be true. I documented roughly one year ago on how much more stable Politoed with Rest was, due to how you can replenish your health on a vast array of threats and continue to pose a threat whilst still asleep.

Sleep Talk couples this combination together and allows for more team diversity as one is not so desperate to find Wish support in order to keep their weather starter fresh, yet make its presense felt as often as it can initiate an attack.

I ran Scald + Perish Song but feel it had much more to give then. With Ninetales, you're looking at either Roar + Flamethrower w/STalk or which ever is best suited for your team; maybe even Calm Mind and a physically defensive EV spread.

SubSplit is viable but behind Substitute, there is much more that you could do rather than to balance out you and your opponents' HP. For example, not making an attacking move when the opportunity presents itself and you misjudge the damage Ninetales is about to take directly as you attempt to scale out the margin between HP, you're instead forced to sacrafice one of your Pokemon to take the incoming strike. It's risky business and better left for Gengar alone.
  10. bwburke94

bwburke94

Fire Punch would make it overpowered, due to Dragon/Fire combination with Mold Breaker. Reshiram's in Ubers for that same combination. Perfect coverage.
  11. Nyktos

Nyktos Custom Loser Title
    is a Pre-Contributor

Brick Breaker has the same BP as Fire Punch and already gives perfect coverage with Dragon.
  12. EtherDrive

EtherDrive

So when does Honchkrow become top tier OU?

Honch @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Moxie
    252 Atk/252 SpD

Super power
    Brave Bird
    Sucker Punch
    Heat Wave

1 revenge kill and it wrecks pretty much every team
  13. bluemon

bluemon

Restalk politoed was always legal, and that didn't see much use...
  14. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse

But keep in mind that Reshiram gets STAB on its perfect coverage, and is the only pokemon that exists that can hit EVERYTHING for neutral damage with its STAB alone. That's kind of a big deal.
  15. A Fhaol Bhig

A Fhaol Bhig

To be fair though, Politoed can actually take a a few hits.
  16. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

And also that Reshiram has a much more powerful Fire attack even before STAB, and a much higher base stat total.
  17. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's not news to anyone. I said I tested it last year, you miss that? It's more viable on RainStall than Protect; especially considering rain is forced to call upon Tentacruel early enough to lay down Toxic Spikes, making Toxic on Toed less useful all around. It makes more sense to replenish your health completely and simply use a cleric if you're uncomfortable with Sleep Talk selecting Rest.

Giving Haxorus Fire Punch sends Skarmory packing. There'd be no reason to run Magnezone if the Swords Dance set, in theory, can whitewash OU given you play intelligently. It would be like handing Hydreigon Quiver Dance.
  18. Haunter

Haunter just outplay the coin flip...
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

It was already mentioned a few pages ago, but +2 aqua tail in rain or superpower can do up to 80-85% to Skarmory making it no longer a surefire Haxorus counter despite the fact that Hax didn't get fire punch.

p.s. Taylor get on PS! so I can stalk your battles :P
  19. EminenceFront

EminenceFront

So does anyone think Gravity will be more than a gimmick with its new users? Tried to put together a team to use it myself and failed miserably.
  20. superbadd

superbadd

Yeah, it's just a gimmick at best. Would be nice to have an automatic gravity setter, just like weather.
  21. alphatron

alphatron Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

I have seena few landorus use gravity so I wouldn't write it out just yet. Unlike smack down, your opponent can't simply switch out the Pokemon to solve their problems.
  22. EminenceFront

EminenceFront

Hmm, I don't know about automatic, but maybe a held item to extend duration.

And Landorus isn't one I'd thought of, sounds like a solid option.

(Also still dreaming of Trick Room extension item)
  23. Porii Sames

Porii Sames

To be honest, at least on my own Rainstall, I've found that Protect (which is fantastic for scouting and giving you a pseudo-recovery move), Scald (obvious STAB, burn on flyers is nice), Perish (kills set up mons), and Encore (for slower CM Users, or just slower anything really, Encoring a Ferro on Stealth Rock, Encoring Spin on Forry, etc. ) was my set of choice, and it still worked very well. Resttalk never really did anything for me, and I had a cleric and no wishpasser.
  24. jg1198

jg1198

Is there any remaining talk of retesting the old bans? I still want garchomp back. Sand is so hampered in the new metagame, it needs at least one of its abusers back, and Excadrill is still to broken. Rain has Dragonite with aqua tail, STAB Hurricane, and thunder, Sun is an advantage to any dragon with a fire type move to help it ruin steels, Hail has Kyurem with STAB Blizzard wrecking everything that doesn't resist it, meanwhile sand has no real dragon abuser.
  25. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

Were trying to let the metagame level out before any rash action, C&C isn't even writing sets.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)