Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Except while this is resembling DW OU, DW OU didn't not have the Therians running around which (at least two of them) are making a very big impact at the moment. That alone could've really affected usage stats, and of course this is not taking into account the new Move Tutors.

On top of that, DW OU is where people just liked trying new things in order to prepare for when it'd inevitably becomes the standard and having a jump on it compared to the Standard OU where people might not be as willing to experiment.

Except while this is resembling DW OU, DW OU didn't not have the Therians running around which (at least two of them) are making a very big impact at the moment. That alone could've really affected usage stats, and of course this is not taking into account the new Move Tutors.

On top of that, DW OU is where people just liked trying new things in order to prepare for when it'd inevitably becomes the standard and having a jump on it compared to the Standard OU where people might not be as willing to experiment.
i really dont understand what point you're trying to make about the therians and move tutors, if anything, they make the retest make more sense, since thundurus, garchomp, don't stand so comparatively tall with new threats waving around base 145 attacking stats and solid speeds, and many things have received improvements. And there are plenty of serious DW players, it's not just some little joke tier like CC.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kyruem should stick to firing elemental blasts and not freezing its fist, but Icicle Crash would've been great for a physical Ice-type move.

Dream World and BW2, as it stands, are very different. Deoxys-S, Garchomp, Genesect, ST Chandelure and Excadrill (you get the idea!) are just some of Dream World's top tier threats not available in Standard OU at this moment in time.

There will be announcements regarding the direction of the standard metagame and how Smogon plans to implement all these changes for the better of competitive Pokemon.

To be honest, at least on my own Rainstall, I've found that Protect (which is fantastic for scouting and giving you a pseudo-recovery move), Scald (obvious STAB, burn on flyers is nice), Perish (kills set up mons), and Encore (for slower CM Users, or just slower anything really, Encoring a Ferro on Stealth Rock, Encoring Spin on Forry, etc. ) was my set of choice, and it still worked very well. Resttalk never really did anything for me, and I had a cleric and no wishpasser.
I would have at least considered Rest over Protect. Most rain stall does abuse Protect for healing/scouting purposes. I respect the use of Encore and Perish Song on the same set to cripple sweepers and chain alike, but it's not often Politoed can be OHKOed straight up which is why I recommend Rest for maximum HP recovery. You don't necessarily need Sleep Talk if you carry a cleric user. Lastly, wasting Protect on a turn where the opponent sees it coming is just not worth the hassle for what Protect can offer.

Yes, bans will be reconsidered for future endeavors, but this thread will not be the one to carry such a discussion.

i really dont understand what point you're trying to make about the therians and move tutors, if anything, they make the retest make more sense, since thundurus, garchomp, don't stand so comparatively tall with new threats waving around base 145 attacking stats and solid speeds, and many things have received improvements. And there are plenty of serious DW players, it's not just some little joke tier like CC.
I didn't say one way or the other about whether retests should happen or not.

But wasn't it necessary that the male is from the same species line for a DW pokemon to be bred?
Nope, just same egg group. The fact i am currently breeding DW pokes is my citation. The only restriction is that it can't be ditto.

searching through 26 pages is a hassle, but im not sure if anyone noticed that eelektross just got thunderpunch, fire punch, and drain punch to use on the physical coil set?
that means it has a semi-reliable way of healing, and a recoil-less stab move, making it much more tankier than it used to be

searching through 26 pages is a hassle, but im not sure if anyone noticed that eelektross just got thunderpunch, fire punch, and drain punch to use on the physical coil set?
that means it has a semi-reliable way of healing, and a recoil-less stab move, making it much more tankier than it used to be
Seems legit. still slow as heck though. Thanks for bringing that up! I might go try it out in NU. (or whatever tier it's in right now).

Yea, I have brought it up before, but only to have someone say that it would only be usable if his stats got boosted 10 base points per stat -__- he gained a shit ton of moves yet no one gave him any recognition. Same goes to Sigilyph. Ice beam/Heat Wave/Energy Ball/HP Ground with a LO or Choice Scarf. So many things are 4 times weak to those moves. C'mon!

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I know serebii hasn't been the most reliable site in the past, but it remains one of the only sites where all you have to do is click on the game, click the pokemon, and all the information is right there. That's why I continue to go there.

Anyways, according to serebii, tornadus-t wasn't given roost. Since his new form focuses primarily on defense, it surprises me that he didn't get it. On a separate note, does anyone else think Gamefreak was showing favoritism when thundurus got nasty plot, landorus gets swords dance, and tornadus gets NEITHER?? WTF Gamefreak??

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know serebii hasn't been the most reliable site in the past, but it remains one of the only sites where all you have to do is click on the game, click the pokemon, and all the information is right there. That's why I continue to go there.

Anyways, according to serebii, tornadus-t wasn't given roost. Since his new form focuses primarily on defense, it surprises me that he didn't get it. On a separate note, does anyone else think Gamefreak was showing favoritism when thundurus got nasty plot, landorus gets swords dance, and tornadus gets NEITHER?? WTF Gamefreak??
Tornadus-T has Regenerator to make up for the lack of recovery, and although it is more defensively-oriented in this forme, it wouldn't exactly make a huge difference with Roost since Tornadus-T is inept at pulling off an actual defensive set. There's no exact way to explain Tornadus' lack of boosting moves, but it's pretty much been this way for two years, so I'm personally not surprised. Even then, Tornadus—and now Tornadus-T—has shown it can do without due to its impeccable Specs and Life Orb sets. I'm sure Tornadus can do without again.

the best thing is hydregion got superpower yay :D chansey blissy gonna stop their tracks also it dragonair is now valid with marvel scale + rest + sleep talk yay! :D

Good thing that stealth rock is a move tutor move at least, it was ridiculous how they didn't make it a TM this gen.

the best thing is hydregion got superpower yay :D chansey blissy gonna stop their tracks also it dragonair is now valid with marvel scale + rest + sleep talk yay! :D
252Atk Life Orb Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 54% - 64% (386 - 456 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

First off, nobody runs max attack hydreigon, so I'm maxing it out right now. With the stat drop and no prior damage, Chaney is laughing hysterically at you. However, if you do have some prior damage you might have a chance if they don't see it coming

252Atk Life Orb Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 54% - 64% (386 - 456 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Life Orb -1 Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 36% - 43% (260 - 306 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
90% minimum. This is a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and even has a chance to 2hko without Stealth Rock.
By the way, why use life orb? Try expert belt:
252Atk Expert Belt Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 50% - 59% (357 - 422 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Expert Belt -1 Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 34% - 40% (240 - 283 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
84% minimum. This has a high chance to 2hko after Stealth Rock - if the first or second superpower does a minimum of 53% or 33% respectively.

You know, I just realized something about Gothitelle. Why in the kingdom of FUCK-dom did it not get Dark Pulse from the move tutors, yet it can learn it via breeding?

Whats a better move for Haxorus Brick Break or Low Kick?
Low Kick. Ferrothorn is really the only thing (that I can think of) you'd be using a Fighting move for, and Low Kick has higher BP against the durian than Brick Break does (not to mention neutral Earthquake does as much as 2x super-effective Brick Break anyways).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Low Kick. Ferrothorn is really the only thing (that I can think of) you'd be using a Fighting move for, and Low Kick has higher BP against the durian than Brick Break does (not to mention neutral Earthquake does as much as 2x super-effective Brick Break anyways).
150 > 100 last I checked, but otherwise your point is valid.
Neither, use Superpower.
If you're going to completely disregard what they're asking in favor of a third option, you should consider actually explaining why you think so -_- And Low Kick doesn't force you to switch, so it's hardly a strictly inferior choice.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Probably not gonna play much in the near future. But a subtle change that going under the radar is that Ferrothorn can now use all 3 of Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Leech Seed on the same set. Have fun kids, the hate against the metal watermelon is going to be higher than ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)