Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Probably not gonna play much in the near future. But a subtle change that going under the radar is that Ferrothorn can now use all 3 of Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Leech Seed on the same set. Have fun kids, the hate against the metal watermelon is going to be higher than ever.
Sounds like Magic Bounce bait. Espeon WILL OHKO you 84% of the time with HP Fire and Xatu will 2HKO unless you invest in Special Defense or run Leftovers intead of Rocky helmet.

And if you go for protect as the 4th move you're complete taunt-bait. With the Stealth Rock tutor available now a lot more pokes can access it meaning that Ferro can focus on spiking and seeding and still have an offensive move to go to when the chips are down.

150 > 100 last I checked, but otherwise your point is valid.
Oh, pfft. Brainfart. Man I hate it when I do that (and math was one of my strongest subjects in school). Wonder what tangent my mind was going on when I wrote that. XD

But yeah Superpower's only good on CB Haxorus, who needs to hit reliably hard to tear holes in the opposing team, then switch out (Low Kick is walled by lolRotom-W and Brick Break just isn't strong enough).

Edit@below:
Probably. :P For some reason there's a file in my brain denoting the phenomenon of Brick Break and Earthquake doing equal damage to Ferrothorn (but it's obviously not Haxy that does that). I accidentally included the contents of said file when I initially responded to CriticalTheory. /scumbagbrain XP

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sounds like Magic Bounce bait. Espeon WILL OHKO you 84% of the time with HP Fire and Xatu will 2HKO unless you invest in Special Defense or run Leftovers intead of Rocky helmet.

And if you go for protect as the 4th move you're complete taunt-bait. With the Stealth Rock tutor available now a lot more pokes can access it meaning that Ferro can focus on spiking and seeding and still have an offensive move to go to when the chips are down.
As if Ferro wasn't Magic Bounce bait before?

One interesting scenario is that Ferro could run Shed Shell+SR+Spikes+Leech Seed+attack and maneuver around Magneton/zone. Drop Spikes the first time you come in, get out, then Leech Seed every time you predict Maggy coming in. Leftovers isn't as necessary since Ferro can sustain itself with Leech Seed, while Maggy will eventually go down unless your opponent has a Wish user. Then you're free to bring in Ferro against whoever you want.

Also keep in mind that you're not forced to run all 3 of SR+Spikes+Leech Seed. You can use the same sets Ferro has been using all of BW1 and it will remain a very effective Pokemon. What this does offer is more options and flexibility in Ferrothorn's, lets be honest, rather limited role.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Skore said:

Gyro Ball will almost always be the fourth move alongside Spikes, SR and Leech Seed and any smart opponent will not blindly throw out hazards when they've already seen an Espeon in team preview. The reality is more like this:

0 Atk Gyro Ball vs 4/0 Espeon = 88.17% - 104.20%
0 Atk Gyro Ball vs 252/0 Espeon = 69.16% - 81.74% (note that max HP Espeon presumably has no SpA investment and therefore can't OHKO standard Ferrothorn with HP Fire)

Gyro Ball will almost always be the fourth move alongside Spikes, SR and Leech Seed and any smart opponent will not blindly throw out hazards when they've already seen an Espeon in team preview. The reality is more like this:

0 Atk Gyro Ball vs 4/0 Espeon = 88.17% - 104.20%
0 Atk Gyro Ball vs 252/0 Espeon = 69.16% - 81.74% (note that max HP Espeon presumably has no SpA investment and therefore can't OHKO standard Ferrothorn with HP Fire)
Couldn't Espeon just run a Focus Sash? If it did it's job, and the opponent didn't set up Sand/Hail, it won't take any residual damage.

I know that second one is a big if (or not really since Ferrothorn prefers rain), but if Espeon prevents hazards from being laid, even if it gets KOed immediately, I'd say it did it's job. It's not too hard to prevent Ferrothorn from switching in by keeping the pressure on it. Same goes for even things like Tyranitar. If they KO Espeon on the switch, and you bring in Terrakion, they get no hazards set up, and now have to switch out or get KOed. Then it's simply a matter of keeping the offensive pressure on for the rest of the game. Don't ever give Ferrothorn/Tyranitar another safe switch in, and you're fine.

So really, a Focus Sash isn't even needed. You may have to sacrifice Espeon, but it keeps you from having to spin.

I've been seeing on smogon and on serebii where apparently there is a heal bell tutor but in the actual list there is only heal block. Which is correct. (check the BW2 changes article to see what I mean. Heal bell isn't listed yet musharna and audino are said to get it...)

So has anyone paid much attention to Serperior outside of Dream World? Serperior now gets Aqua Tail, which can allow a Coil / Leaf Blade / Aqua Tail / Dragon Tail set--in other words, a Coil set that finally isn't completely walled by Steel-types! The Steel, Poison, Flying, Bug, and Fire-types that once took on Leaf Blade and Dragon Tail are now no longer able to wall Serperior, while Leaf Blade hits almost everything water can't save for Dragon and Grass-types, of which are handled by Dragon Tail.

It's nowhere near as big as Dragon Pulse, but I thought its addition would make Coil sets sound more viable. It gives Serp the niche of being the fastest Bulk Up/Coil user in the BW2 OU metagame that isn't truely resisted by anything except Ferrothorn.

Sleep Talk Stall Overhaul?

Excuse me if this is a repeated idea further back in the forum, but 20+ pages is too much for me to cheak in a timely manor. But non-the-less...

The move Sleep Talk was introduced into 5th gen's plethora of moves. This will allow for more stable recovery on some of the bulkiest pokemon. The 2 that come to my mind first are these: Cofagrigus and Ferrothorn. Now they can absolutely abuse Rest for reliable recovery. I'm wondering how this will effect the overall metagame. What do you guys think?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, so far it hasn't, and probably won't due to the new Sleep mechanics - the sleep counter now resets when you switch out.

Also, nice bump.

True. But it will probably make Cofagrigus more usable in OU at least. Mono-attack set: Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, (Special attack of choice).

But on other moves, Giga Drain on Venasuar is only going to add to my headaches. Superpower I see as a good move, however. It'll help break those Normal walls like Chansey. Porygon2 is starting to lose its grip on Dragonite though. And about this Outrage MoxieMence that people are talking about, Outrage was a Dream World move for it in BW, so the story started from there. It does seem to be interesting for Salamence to regain its Roost. Bulky set, Dragon Dance. It seems a bit gimmicky, but still a good suprise to throw into the mix.

^Resttalk sorta sucks now regardless. Ferrothorn with Resttalk would be bait for Fighting Types. Terrakion comes in during sleep turns, and forces you out for more sleep turns or KOes you...yeah, kinda bad.

Outrage MoxieMence couldn't get DD and Outrage on the same set in BW1, but it can now run it thanks to tutors. That's the end of the story there.

^Resttalk sorta sucks now regardless. Ferrothorn with Resttalk would be bait for Fighting Types. Terrakion comes in during sleep turns, and forces you out for more sleep turns or KOes you...yeah, kinda bad.

Outrage MoxieMence couldn't get DD and Outrage on the same set in BW1, but it can now run it thanks to tutors. That's the end of the story there.
You have a great point at that actually. I agree with all of the above now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)